Osmo Action vlog test after firmware 01.07.00.02 update
666 5 2019-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Vlogging on a DJI Osmo Action, Cynova audio adapter & Comica CVM-VM10 mic after firmware 01.07.00.02

Hi.

I've been out doing audio recordings for a before and after comparison with the Osmo Action and the latest firmware update. While I was out I tried a vlog after the update using the Action, Cynova interface and a Comica VM10 mic. Here's a video of the results.

While this was mostly an audio/mic thing, it's also a good example of the Action for picture functions etc. after the update. There's an intro where I explain a bit more detail and the vlog itself explains the setup etc.

Bottom line, not everything is working properly yet but DJI are very close to having the best vlogging actioncam.

I've got more audio tests being posted soon and some interesting stuff with the Pocket and a self build vlogging mic, will post these as and when I finish the edits.

Although I'm not a vlogger, this video is a vlog type thing and should give anyone interested in such things a pretty good idea of where the Action is up to with regard such things.

Cheers,
Dave.

2019-12-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=199904#pid1981476

Hi.

I've just emailed DJI with a refund request for the CYNOVA mic interface for the Osmo Action, which is clearly faulty and not fit for purpose.

I will keep other Action owners updated on my progress via this post.

Hopefully this will be a straight forward process and one that I can advise other Action owners on once I have my refund.

So that everything is transparent from my end, I've included my email request below (minus personal and private details) and will include any responses (minus personal and private details) and any further emails from myself (minus personal and private details).

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi.

I would like to return my CYNOVA interface for a refund because it clearly does not work as intended and is therefore not fit for purpose.

The order number for this purchase is: XXXXXXXXXXXX

I received the interface on 2019-10-04 I’m requesting the refund on 2019-10-12 This clearly falls within the 14 day return period of the DJI terms and conditions for a refund https://store.dji.com/pages/help-center-aftersales  and is also clearly covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 for purchases made within the U.K. https://www.ridc.org.uk/content/consumer-rights

As this interface is clearly faulty I would also request that DJI pay for the return of this purchase, as per the DJI terms and conditions “Customers need to pay for any return shipping unless the refund is due to performance faults.”  https://store.dji.com/pages/help-center-aftersales

As proof of my claims that the CYNOVA adaptor is not fit for purpose, has inherent issues and does not work as intended, I’ve prepared a number of YouTube videos clearly showing and proving the CYNOVA interface to be faulty.

You can find the YouTube video links  below my name at the end of this email.

Please note that this fault is not just isolated to my CYNOVA interface. Having conversed with other Osmo Action users who have this interface and having seen a number of videos confirming the issue. It is clear that this fault is an inherent manufacturing problem to either the CYNOVA interface or the Osmo Action, or possibly a combination of both.

Could you please inform by response to this email how the return and refund procedure works, as this is in no clear explination on the DJI website, with no email information given for a specific returns department.

Could you also inform me on how you intend to have this item returned at your cost and the process for this. Is this via a prepaid postal, courier method whereby DJI send me an email with a label to print, or do you arrange for a courier pick up at my discretion?

David Harry.

Hi.

I am extremely happy to report that DJI have very quickly responded to my refund request and by very quickly I mean in one business day, that is as fast as anyone could ever expect.

They initially responded to let me know that my request would be passed on to the appropriate department and that they’d be in touch.

Unfortunately, there’s a link to a downloadable RMA that doesn’t work and without that form I’m unable to return the defective interface. I’m sure this is just a simple oversight that will be immediately corrected after my email response letting DJI support know of the error.

There are still a couple of things to happen once I’ve got the correct RMA form link, the sending of the label, the return  and the checking of the unit upon return but I’d imagine that this is all a simple formality from here on in.

I will report on the next stages but for now I’ve included the DJI technical support  responses  below and my response to the dead link.

I have to stress how impressed I am with the speed of response and the clarity of this response, thank you DJI support.

Cheers,
Dave.

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Apologies for the inconvenience. In regards to your concern, we will transfer it to the designated department that deals with issues as such for further assistance.

They will for sure handle your concerns accordingly at the earliest.

Thank you for choosing DJI products.

Best Regards,

XXXXX
DJI Customer Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Based on the information & proof you supplied, we created a refund/return request for you.

Case Number: XXXXXX

You will receive a UPS return label in a separate email from our Shipping Label Team, this will cover the shipping costs for you. This ticket will be sent to you by E-mail, Within 2 business days. Kindly check your email with a shipping label. If you don't receive the shipping label for some reason, feel free to contact us.

1) After receiving your UPS label, click on the retrieve label and print the page.
2) You can bring it to a local post deposit.
3) You can call UPS to make an appointment for the pickup.

This is important to know:

Do not forget to include a copy of the proof of purchase and the DJI RMA form in the package, please download and print the RMA repair form by clicking on this link: XXXXXXX
Fill in completely with your details and a proper description of the fault and attach a printed version to every item in the parcel.

When we receive the unit, we will inspect the unit:

- Is it complete?
- No customer damage?

If these questions have been answered positively, we will contact our finance department and issue you a refund.

Please make sure to send us the complete set with all the accessories that came with the package! Otherwise, we are not able to refund it.

Refunds will be processed using the same method that was used to make the payment. The refund process will be completed in about 7-14 business days, depending on t the evaluation of request, shipping, the bank or credit card issuer.
Thank you for choosing DJI products.

Best regards,

XXXXX
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: https://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

Hi XXXXX

Thank you for the very quick response, unfortunately the URL/weblink that you’ve provided for downloading the RMA form does not resolve to any web page, web folder or direct document. It would appear to be a broken link.

Could you check this for me please.

Cheers,

Dave.
2019-12-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

So you bought a new one, or they told you to keep your old one?
2019-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dave. Thank you for sharing this informative video you have created for the DJI Osmo Action. Great explanation and thank you for your support.
2019-12-9
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

£229 is ridiculously good value.  Nice colours in the action image too.
2019-12-9
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MKosmo Posted at 12-9 12:51
£229 is ridiculously good value.  Nice colours in the action image too.

Hi.

Yes, it's a stupid price right now. If anyone were to ask me for my recommendation right now between the GoPro 8 and the Action, it'd defo be the Action. Both cameras still have issues and while I'd never recommend that anyone hold onto any problematic electronic device in the hope that a firmware upgrade will sort it out. I'd have to say that at such a low price, I'd be prepared to buy the Action and hold on to it until some of the niggles are ironed out.

The GoPro 8 has also recently taken a price cut by about £50, which is way too soon seeing as it's still a new release, obviously feeling the pressure from DJI. But despite that reduction it's still £100 more than the Action if you can find it for £229. I'd say that the Action must be seriously hurting GoPro right now.

One thing is for sure with all these price cuts, it's all good for the us, the consumer.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules