Mavic Mini - RC Sudden Battery Warning
4877 7 2019-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kibosh 3
lvl.3
Canada

Hi Everyone,

I had something quite odd happen to me on my recent vacation.

I was flying with a fully charged RC and decided to fly the Mini about 400m away.

My remote then started beeping and the RC battery LED's showed one blinking light.
My HUD on DJI Fly App showed a warning that the RC battery was low as well.

Naturally, I turned the Mini around, put it into SPORT mode and flew it back to me as quickly as possible.

As soon as I landed the Mini, I turned the RC off and back on, at which point, the RC showed 3 LED's on (around 75% battery left in RC)

I flew the Mini around some more (cautious of the RC remote) and it proceeded to work correctly.  It has since not happened again.

Has anyone run into this error before? I own many DJI products and have never experienced this before - my best guess is the the Samsung S9 (used soley for Mavic Drones) was drawing too much power through the USB-C cable.

2019-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with the DJI Mavic Mini Remote Controller. With regards to this said issue. I would recommend please refresh the firmware of both the said drone and remote controller to isolate the issue. In addition, I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) for the DJI Assistant 2 and an official DJI Video Tutorial for refreshing/updating the firmware. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2019-12-9
Use props
Kibosh 3
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-9 13:56
Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with the DJI Mavic Mini Remote Controller. With regards to this said issue. I would recommend please refresh the firmware of both the said drone and remote controller to isolate the issue. In addition, I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) for the DJI Assistant 2 and an official DJI Video Tutorial for refreshing/updating the firmware. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZE-fP28htI

Thank you -

I have now "Refresh"ed  Firmwares on both RC & Mini - it only happened once and not since the one time, however, I've Refreshed firmware per your suggestion (better safe than sorry!)

2019-12-9
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

The phone probably drained it. What phone where you using? did it prompt you for usb charging options when connected to the remote? Was the phone at 100% also (it should be use a charging block etc).
2019-12-9
Use props
Kibosh 3
lvl.3
Canada

Alamoflyer Posted at 12-9 14:51
The phone probably drained it. What phone where you using? did it prompt you for usb charging options when connected to the remote? Was the phone at 100% also (it should be use a charging block etc).

Samsung S9

85% battery on phone - no option to turn off USB charging.

I'm thinking this is the case as well - very odd, considering I've used this phone on Mavic Air & Mavic Pro RC's as well.

2019-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kibosh 3 Posted at 12-9 14:43
Thank you -

I have now "Refresh"ed  Firmwares on both RC & Mini - it only happened once and not since the one time, however, I've Refreshed firmware per your suggestion (better safe than sorry!)

Thank you for the update that you have provided. It is great to know that you have refreshed the firmware of the said drone and since then the issue have not arise. Just in case in your future flights the issue arises the best thing you need to do is to get in touch with our DJI support team at ( https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav ) for further analysis on the said drone. Again please stay safe and thank you for your support.
2019-12-9
Use props
Dzulkernian747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95436 ft
Brunei

My Mini dropped in a lake last weekend, I bought a second unit (replacement) on the same day. The second unit has some issue : does not have the option of setting auto RTH based on preset battery level and does not RTH automatically when battery is low. So far DJI support team name Carl is replying my email but now answering my questions...... any ideas ?
2019-12-10
Use props
djiuser_BGHgxrfJAl1B
New

Ireland

Bought new dji Mavic mini this afternoon. Got drone and controller charged, not requested to do anything other than register. Got one flight out of it for about 5 mins. Had my dinner and started both to learn a little more. Controller started beeping as drone took off. No control over drone whatsoever, young child here cut his hands trying to prevent it from crashing. It’s going back to Harvey Norman tomorrow. Internet forum on drones is full of complaints about controller not working.
2019-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules