660 13 2019-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I lost my Mini 50 feet up in a tree. It’s stuck good and I’m on vacation so leaving this location tomorrow.  I left my name and number with a couple of the businesses nearby, but have low expectations.  

So, is there a way to get just the drone?  I bought the fly more combo, sooooo....
2019-12-9
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

https://youtu.be/R-PHMB-_AEE

2019-12-9
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Rent a cherry picker or ask the fire department. If they have a ladder truck they might want to use it just because (they get bored).
2019-12-9
Use props
Madperk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650089 ft
United States

I got mine stuck in a tree last night at a public park.  I called the parks department this morning and one of the grounds crew, he trims the trees at all of the parks in town, met me with a bucket truck and plucked my MM out of a cedar tree 50 feet in the air.

You could call around to local tree trimmers and offer them a reward. A quick 50 bucks is worth their time if they have it.  If it’s on private property make sure you get the owners permission.  If it’s a public park call the parks department and ask.  It can’t hurt.  
2019-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Porktree. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Mini. I would suggest to contact a professional tree climber to be able to retrieve the said drone. In addition, once you have retrieve your DJI Mavic Mini. Kindly please try to inspect it and check if it is working properly. If the said drone is not working properly kindly please contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-12-9
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

I believe the OP is asking if there is a place to purchase the drone by itself.
I don't think it's available alone yet.
2019-12-9
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have no idea how to get your drone down and i think it is stuck up there for good.  however, please provide the gps coordinates of said tree and if anything changes, we'll let you know.  
2019-12-9
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I leave town in the morning. So, I’m sol.  It’s to late to try and retrieve it, and even earlier other obligations kept me from trying to even buy a rope and grapple.  
2019-12-9
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

you should call a pro tree timmer to get it while you're gone send them the gps and pic
2019-12-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I read somewhere that the drone by himself wont be available (from DJI).
Is that location so far from where you live?  Can you not go again?
It seems doable to me in a few different ways.
Sorry for the unfortunate lost.
2019-12-10
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

Do you know anyone in the area that could handle the problem for you since you have to leave?
2019-12-10
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

that drone will eventually fall from the tree.
2019-12-10
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I was in Austin next to the Treaty Oak (not in the Treaty Oak). It’s stil there afk. The folks in the businesses around were friendly and took my name and number.  DJI support contacted me and is looking at Drone only replacement. All my fault and a bummer.  
2019-12-10
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Porktree Posted at 12-10 11:06
I was in Austin next to the Treaty Oak (not in the Treaty Oak). It’s stil there afk. The folks in the businesses around were friendly and took my name and number.  DJI support contacted me and is looking at Drone only replacement. All my fault and a bummer.

It's a shame that you didn't have time to try and recover it. Now that I have mine and have flown it, I think I'd be tempted to go buy a chainsaw and cut that tree down!! Not that I would mind you, but I would be tempted.

I did get my tello stuck in a tree like that. But I was lucky. I was in a park and there were several kids around and one had a soccer ball that he used to throw up and jar it out. I was very thankful to him even with that little drone!!
2019-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules