Damaged Controller Micro USB / Charging port
2765 4 2019-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stivan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1965 ft
Panama

Hello all, since the micro usb port has no standard shape, i used to plug the charging cable in a wrong way. After 3 years the port pins broke and now it no longer charges.
Question is: can i use the regular size usb port (bottom of the controller) with a USB to USB cable to charge the controller? Or should i get a whole new controller?

Thanks for your quick help.
2019-12-10
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Unfortunately, the side port is the only port that charges it. The bottom one does not...
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum, I am sorry for the trouble that your DJI Mavic Pro Remote Controller has caused. With regards to this inquiry as Flycaster at post #2, I am sorry to say that you can only charge the said remote controller through the side port. Since the side port of the said remote controller was damaged, I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ) for further assistance and repair. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the remote controller otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2019-12-10
Use props
stivan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1965 ft
Panama

thanks for your quick help. I ended up buying a new one. Thanks.
2019-12-10
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

stivan Posted at 12-10 13:33
thanks for your quick help. I ended up buying a new one. Thanks.

Recommend also putting a drop of paint or a sticker on the top of the cord so that you always plug it in correctly.  I have a drop of yellow paint on the top of mine and I've never gotten it upside down.  
2019-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules