DJI Mavic Mini In The News
1372 11 2019-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

I was just posting out some daily news articles and I ran across this article from RT. The image for the story shows an entirely different drone than in the video. If you watch the video the drone is clearly a DJI Mavic Mini. Almost taken out by a fish. LoL

Article: https://www.rt.com/news/475458-arowana-fish-jumps-drone

https://twitter.com/JimmyChandraaa/status/1199193779766300674
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day The Watchman News. Thank you for sharing these information and for sharing these link with us. Nice find and thank you for your support. .
2019-12-10
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thats funny, but not if you're the pilot!!
2019-12-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Cant really tell if its a Mini or a bigger model, but is funny I think the fish was going to be bigger and eat the drone... lol
2019-12-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i could tell in the video it was a mavic pro (1st gen) and photo in article is of the mavic pro (1st gen).   where is the mavic mini?
2019-12-10
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 12-10 11:04
i could tell in the video it was a mavic pro (1st gen) and photo in article is of the mavic pro (1st gen).   where is the mavic mini?

It looked like the Mini to me in the video. Was the 1st Mavic Pro that short? Take a close look. Look at other items in comparison to the drone. I'm not buying that the video shows a full-size DJI drone. I could be wrong. But I know that board on the far side of the water is very likely 4 inches wide. Wouldnt the Mavic Pro be near twice the size or more?
2019-12-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Watchman News Posted at 12-10 11:34
It looked like the Mini to me in the video. Was the 1st Mavic Pro that short? Take a close look. Look at other items in comparison to the drone. I'm not buying that the video shows a full-size DJI drone. I could be wrong. But I know that board on the far side of the water is very likely 4 inches wide. Wouldnt the Mavic Pro be near twice the size or more?

i owned a mavic pro, i can recognize one from a good ways away.
look at the arms and red LED on them its wide and red which is what mavic pro did, changed every other version of the mavic.  as far as i am away, mavic mini entirely lights arm LED lighting.   
its very grey color which was only color of mavic pro for a good long while and most common. where as the mavic mini is closer to a whitish color.
look at lines and seams, points to a battery being ontop, like mavic pro.  the mini battery gets installed inide the drone at the back.

look at the front camera, silver and rounded..  the mini uses enlongated rectangular camera thats black.

heres how front arm of mavic pro looks:

DJI-Mavic-Pro-ch-featured-arm-motor-1024x576.jpg
2019-12-10
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hereforthebeer is right. The red led on the front arm is a dead giveaway that it's not a mavic mini.
2019-12-10
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 12-10 11:47
i owned a mavic pro, i can recognize one from a good ways away.
look at the arms and red LED on them its wide and red which is what mavic pro did, changed every other version of the mavic.  as far as i am away, mavic mini entirely lights arm LED lighting.   
its very grey color which was only color of mavic pro for a good long while and most common. where as the mavic mini is closer to a whitish color.

Good points. I didn't realize that was a light. I thought it was something they attached to it for some reason. Their camera must only record in 1.5p LoL. I stand corrected. I did notice 2 other differences. No body vent in the back like the mini and the underside of the motor mount looks different in the video. Well, it's still a funny drone video in the news. LoL
2019-12-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

haha, that's pretty close.
2019-12-11
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer