Massive video tearing as soon as I hit record (MINI)
1368 5 2019-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lonar
lvl.1
Spain

(Mavic mini)

So  the video transmission between the drone and the phone work absolutely fine, HOWEVER as soon as I start recording the video feed starts tearing MASSIVELY (just like corrupted video files when watching a movie, where part of the image stays on screen for a few seconds slowly dissolving). It's impossible to fly the drone, it takes a good 3-5 seconds hovering still until I get to see what is going on.

The resulting video on the SD card is absolutely fine, though.

Obviously, the low quality video stored on the phone as a sort of preview is equally unwatchable as the live feed.  Sorry that I don't know how to record things on my phone, I hope my description was enough.

Thanks for your time.

2019-12-10
Use props
Lonar
lvl.1
Spain

I believe I fixed the issue after disabling "Save cached videos" on the DJI Fly app. Tomorrow I'll do some more testing, if I don't come back it means it definitely fixed the problem.
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. i am sorry for the trouble this has caused. For the said issue. Can you please try update or refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini and can you please try to fly your drone into a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persists. In addition for us to isolate the issue. May I know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-12-10
Use props
Lonar
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-10 12:58
Hi. i am sorry for the trouble this has caused. For the said issue. Can you please try update or refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini and can you please try to fly your drone into a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persists. In addition for us to isolate the issue. May I know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to try and fix the problem.

1. This issue was present in both non-updated and freshly updated firmware.
2. The drone did this 2 meters away from me, so it wasn't interference.
3. My phone model is Xiaomi A2 Lite.
4. The issue seems to have been fixed by disablind the option to save cached videos on the phone.

Thanks
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Lonar Posted at 12-10 14:14
Hi, thanks for taking the time to try and fix the problem.

1. This issue was present in both non-updated and freshly updated firmware.

Hi. Thank you for the update. I am happy to know that the issue was resolved by disabling the cached video option on the phone. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-11
Use props
kafej
New

Poland

You can try to fix already corrupted with mp4merge.com
2019-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules