Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Only 3 pairs of props in my combo box .. i've been cursed
5291 21 2019-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
the1shark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

I can't do anything because it's been three weeks since I got the Mavic. Made a mistake not counting them when I opened the box ..

Anyhow, 3 quick Questions ..

1. Is there a specific location for each pair or they are all the same?
2. If not, How to distinguish them ?
3. Are the replacment sold on Amazon \ Ebay \ Aliexpress good enough ?

Thanks ..

2019-12-10
Use props
Drone Retard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380344 ft
Romania

Here's a how to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SA4pye4E90
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day the1shark. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your new DJI Mavic MIni's propellers. There are two types of DJI Mavic Mini propellers, which are designed to spin in defferent directions. Marks are used to to indicate which propellers should be attached to which motor. I addition I will be posting link where in you can purchase the DJI Mavic Mini propellers from our official online store ( https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-mini-propellers ). Thank you.

2019-12-10
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

Dont stress.. You probably wont need them anyway, This drone is far more fragile than its predecessors so if you ever crash it, propellers will be the least of your concern. Most of the time the whole arm is broken. Cheers.
2019-12-10
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

The props are paired and the way to tell them apart, one set has one solid strip and the other set has two strips. If you replace props, always replace in pairs and replace them according to their strips.

I have seen a few repacements (non-orginal) on amazon as well.

2019-12-10
Use props
the1shark
lvl.4
Israel

JodyB Posted at 12-10 11:46
The props are paired and the way to tell them apart, one set has one solid strip and the other set has two strips. If you replace props, always replace in pairs and replace them according to their strips.

I have seen a few repacements (non-orginal) on amazon as well.

Sorry for my  stupid question.
When you say "pair" what do you mean ?
DJI  sells 2 X pair for 12$ and as I understand it means "full set" = propeller for each motor.
So one pair refer to what ? one side of the drone or all the propeller with the same strip ?

Thanks
2019-12-10
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

the1shark Posted at 12-10 12:03
Sorry for my  stupid question.
When you say "pair" what do you mean ?
DJI  sells 2 X pair for 12$ and as I understand it means "full set" = proflors for each motor.

No worries, no such thing as stupid questions. Thats how we learn, by asking questions.

Each arm has a pair of props or two per arm. If you need to replace a prop, it's recommended to replace both props on that arm. If you note in the picture below, there are two arms. Each has two props. The one on the top, those props have two stips on the ends of each props. The ones on the bottom, has a single strip. Now lets say I had some kind of damage to one of the props on the bottom for example. I would replace both of those props with the single strip on that arm only unless I had reason to replace others.

2019-12-10
Use props
the1shark
lvl.4
Israel

Ok I'm an idiot. there should be 3 pair of spare propellers in the combo box. though it is an odd number, I thought I will find 4..
So pair means 2 propeller for one motor.
2019-12-10
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Right, or at least in the way I'm using it. I believe there are three packs of props that come with the combo kit. Each one contains 4 props, 2 single strip and 2 double strip. So you could replace all blades at least once and still have 2 single strip blades and 2 double strip blades left. And I believe that is whats advertised for the combo kit. And I believe you get 4 replacement screws in each pack as well.
2019-12-10
Use props
Sigmo
Second Officer
United States

Here is what came in my Fly More Combo:

The drone has a total of 8 blades arranged as four propeller "pairs".  What I got in my combo is a total of 12 blades (three sets of two "blade pairs".

So I'm guessing a pair refers to the two blades that form a single propeller in flight.

What I got will replace all of the drone's blades 1.5 times.

They also provided six screws with each pack of four blades (2 pairs).  So they are probably providing extras so you can drop and lose a few in the dirt when changing blades in the field.
2019-12-10
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 12-10 12:44
Here is what came in my Fly More Combo:

[view_image]

You are absolutley right my friend. You can replace all blades 1.5 times. I think I may have been confusing the OP with my terminology and for that I apologize. I do find it a bit odd that they wouldn't give us enough spares to replace them all 2 times instead of 1.5 though.
2019-12-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

the1shark, the replacement propellers from Aliexpress work just fine.  I bought a pack of 16 (8 pairs) and they came with 16 screws (that had a light coat of thread lock on them).  When you buy spares just make sure they are for the Mavic Mini (Part 4726F).  Happy flying.
2019-12-10
Use props
Sigmo
Second Officer
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-10 12:57
You are absolutley right my friend. You can replace all blades 1.5 times. I think I may have been confusing the OP with my terminology and for that I apologize. I do find it a bit odd that they wouldn't give us enough spares to replace them all 2 times instead of 1.5 though.

It really is confusing terminology.

Looking on DJI's site, they appear to refer to a "pair of spare propellers" as four blades to form two propellers in flight.  That makes sense, I guess.

So by that terminology, what we get in the Fly More Combo is, actually, three pairs of propellers, with each propeller consisting of two blades.
2019-12-10
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 12-10 13:17
It really is confusing terminology.

Looking on DJI's site, they appear to refer to a "pair of spare propellers" as four blades to form two propellers in flight.  That makes sense, I guess.

That to me, the way DJI puts it is confusing. Simply because I can physically see there are two props on each arm. To me that makes a pair. But I guess to them its two blades that form one like you said.  Maybe the way they are trying to convey it is two blades comprise a single prop perhaps?
2019-12-10
Use props
Sigmo
Second Officer
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-10 13:21
That to me, the way DJI puts it is confusing. Simply because I can physically see there are two props on each arm. To me that makes a pair. But I guess to them its two blades that form one like you said.  Maybe the way they are trying to convey it is two blades comprise a single prop perhaps?

I think that's right.  Each propeller is a two-bladed propeller.  Sometimes we have three-bladed or four-bladed propellers on aircraft.  But in this case each prop is two blades.
2019-12-10
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 12-10 13:41
I think that's right.  Each propeller is a two-bladed propeller.  Sometimes we have three-bladed or four-bladed propellers on aircraft.  But in this case each prop is two blades.

That would make sense thinking of it that way. I’m still learning a lot of this stuff. Seemingly the basic stuff is eluding me, lol!!
2019-12-10
Use props
Sigmo
Second Officer
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-10 14:45
That would make sense thinking of it that way. I’m still learning a lot of this stuff. Seemingly the basic stuff is eluding me, lol!!

Me, too.  I'm having to search up glossaries of what the drone-related acronyms are to try to get up to speed on what people are talking about!

I guess it'll come with time.  
2019-12-11
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 12-11 21:55
Me, too.  I'm having to search up glossaries of what the drone-related acronyms are to try to get up to speed on what people are talking about!

I guess it'll come with time.

I figure between us all, we should be able to get at least some answers out there!!
2019-12-12
Use props
ernie_e
First Officer
Flight distance : 299380 ft
United States

Mine has three extra sets also but that's what the Mavic Mini Fly More Combo list shows.
2019-12-14
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ernie_e Posted at 12-14 17:36
Mine has three extra sets also but that's what the Mavic Mini Fly More Combo list shows.

You are correct. It does show that it comes with three extra sets. Which I’m a little baffled at why that particular number. I’m glad to get those extra, but I think just to make it even, it should have either came with 2 extra sets or 4 extra sets. Just so one could replace all props either once or twice instead of 1.5 times. It’s an OCD thing I guess. LOL
2019-12-14
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

1 Pair = 2 motors         1 x Clockwise and  1 x counterclockwise prop set.

Each set consists of 1 x Clockwise and  1 x counterclockwise prop set =  1 pair
You need 2 pair for four motors...............

Randy

2019-12-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

A pair in Spanish means 2.
The way I see it is the following, the blades for each individual motors are sets of two. This is an aeronautic rule that applies to all rotors, helicopters, planes, drones... They are "matched pairs" for perfect balance, is not like "recommended" it is imperative to swap both props if one breaks.
So each "pair" means a pair of motors, clock wise and against the clock resulting in 4 different individual blades.
Since Combo is advertised with 3 pairs of props = 12.
I agree it should be 4 for full replacement of all motors, twice = 16.
2019-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules