Is Airdata UAV safe to give all my DJI details and login?
1938 6 2019-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The UAV Airdata service that tracks your flights etc asks for your DJI login and password. Is this legit? A lot of people seem to use the service.
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best response for this inquiry. Just a friendly DJI does not recommend to use any third party application or software for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-10
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

I was hoping to see some more feedback on this.  I did some light research on this, but I haven't come across any type of negative experiences, regarding privacy concerns.  I haven't used it myself and don't know if I will.
2019-12-13
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I've used AirData for years with no problems. AirData is headquarterd in California. I'd be more concerned about the fact that all your flight/personal data is being sent back to China than I would AirData.
2019-12-13
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Paul_IA Posted at 2019-12-13 06:04
I've used AirData for years with no problems. AirData is headquarterd in California. I'd be more concerned about the fact that all your flight/personal data is being sent back to China than I would AirData.

Sent back to China? Any proofs for that?
2020-5-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

adrian8891 Posted at 5-8 23:20
Sent back to China? Any proofs for that?

It doesn't happen unless the drone owner chooses to upload flight data to DJI.

But the idea is very popular among some members who have a problem telling fact from fantasy and imagine their flight data contains anything at all that anyone would care about.
They are quite mistaken.
2020-5-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

been using it now for years and I've never had any problems, they are good for saving flight data.
2020-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules