3317 26 2019-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomalley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71161 ft
United States

Good Day everyone,

I believe I got one of the first batches of Minis on Nov 11 from best buy but it didnt even last a month.

I was flying it over water filming some surfers and I got a battery error with 40% left and the drone droped out of the sky and never to be seen again.

Has anyone had this issue. Is there anything I can do. It was my first drone.

Thank for the help

Terence
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident and for your lost. Since this unfortunate incident happened to your DJI Mavic Mini. I would recommend you contact our support team for us to be able to assist you further at ( http://www.dji.com/support). We have a professional team that would investigate on what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Mini and corresponding resolution will be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2019-12-10
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you begin the flight with a full charge?
2019-12-10
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

Please upload your flight log and share the link.
2019-12-10
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Over water? Where you skimming because auto land has "spash bogie" at least one or more mini's. Not saying it caused your problem just hope get get an auto hover option or something.
2019-12-10
Use props
Dzulkernian747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95436 ft
Brunei

Mine dropped in a lake last weekend (dont ask how it happened as I am trying to forget), I bought a second unit (replacement) on the same day. The second unit has some issue : does not have the option of setting auto RTH based on preset battery level and does not RTH automatically when battery is low. So far DJI support team name Carl is replying my email but now answering my questions.....anyone have any ideas ?
2019-12-10
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Sounds like this should be covered by warranty if everything happened the way you said. Get in touch with DJI and send'em the flight log. Keep us posted
2019-12-11
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 12-10 16:43
Did you begin the flight with a full charge?

That’s probably what happened, these batteries self discharge but still show 60% voltage so some people think it’s ok to fly. Let me say from experience that it is not ok to fly after self discharge, battery will go from 60% to 5% in the blink of an eye...
2019-12-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 12-11 03:38
That’s probably what happened, these batteries self discharge but still show 60% voltage so some people think it’s ok to fly. Let me say from experience that it is not ok to fly after self discharge, battery will go from 60% to 5% in the blink of an eye...

"battery will go from 60% to 5% in the blink of an eye".  I can attest to this true fact, only thing that saved my MM when it happened was I was only 8' above a soft grassy area.  I will definitely charge my battery to 100% before any future flights.  
2019-12-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

All batteries to my knowledge will self discharge. Some quicker and some at a slower rate. It's always a good idea to top off your batteries prior to heading out to fly.
2019-12-11
Use props
tomalley
lvl.1
United States

Thank you to everyone who replied.  I am no in communication with dji.  Thank you!

I started the flight off at 60% battery and the insufficient power warning occurs once.

Here is the flight log.

https://app.airdata.com/share/fbXOCF
2019-12-11
Use props
tomalley
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-11 05:29
"battery will go from 60% to 5% in the blink of an eye".  I can attest to this true fact, only thing that saved my MM when it happened was I was only 8' above a soft grassy area.  I will definitely charge my battery to 100% before any future flights.
2019-12-11
Use props
6arret
lvl.2
Canada

Looks like it fell outta the sky around 22%. Another  Not Enough Force/ESC error. There has been a lot of these now. You got the error pretty much immediately after take off.
2019-12-11
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

I don't believe this has something to do with the 60% battery level at start. The battery graphs are looking good too and the unload is roundabout 10% each 2 till 2 1/2 minutes. Nothing to do with the crash, but starting with 8 satellites is not so good. Seems you are in the unhappy ESC Error club now. Strong wind from coast or installed propguards perhaps ?
2019-12-11
Use props
dutch937
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322461 ft
Canada

tomalley Posted at 12-11 08:05
Thank you to everyone who replied.  I am no in communication with dji.  Thank you!

I started the flight off at 60% battery and the insufficient power warning occurs once.

Were you running the most recent firmware update?
2019-12-11
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

Firmware was 1.0.1 accourding to Flight Logs
You flied over 1 min with massive ESC Errors before hitting the sea. Maybe it would be possible to return to home when the error first occoured.
Battery current, temperature seems to be good the whole flight.

On Minute 8:37 the drone looks towards the coast and you moved the right stick full up, and it seems that it dont moved. I think it was VERY windy and the motors had not enougth power to fight against the wind.
2019-12-11
Use props
tomalley
lvl.1
United States

Thank you all,

The firmware was up to date but notice the next day or so when I opened the app there was a notification to update the firmware.

I didn't notice the insufficient power error when it occurred. Must have been looking out to sea.

I was on my return back to the coast when it went into the sea. In my mind I was to return at 35-40% but the flight log shows a little different.    I don't believe it was windy during the flight but it could have been down by the waves.

I hope to work something out with dji and but I understand that I as the user has some fault with the loss of the mini.  I'm new to this and it's all a learning experience.

2019-12-12
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

tomalley Posted at 12-12 08:53
Thank you all,

The firmware was up to date but notice the next day or so when I opened the app there was a notification to update the firmware.

This is very important detail, Did you update to firmware 0.300 before this flight ? or did you flew with 0.200 installed ?
2019-12-12
Use props
fansc7f1a7c9
New

United States

Hi
The same happened to me today as well, I updated then flew getting some video of a vessel in the bay and after 8 min it just drifted away on its own and failed to return with auto selected 3 times and then me manually trying to bring it home then it just decended with a load error and splash, after first flight lost
I have a spark as well and the winds today was no way in comparison to what my spark holds up to.
DJI help us
2019-12-16
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Christian U Posted at 12-11 12:45
Firmware was 1.0.1 accourding to Flight Logs
You flied over 1 min with massive ESC Errors before hitting the sea. Maybe it would be possible to return to home when the error first occoured.
Battery current, temperature seems to be good the whole flight.

Please let me know what software you were using to show you the firmware.
2019-12-16
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

fansc7f1a7c9 Posted at 12-16 17:30
Hi
The same happened to me today as well, I updated then flew getting some video of a vessel in the bay and after 8 min it just drifted away on its own and failed to return with auto selected 3 times and then me manually trying to bring it home then it just decended with a load error and splash, after first flight lost
I have a spark as well and the winds today was no way in comparison to what my spark holds up to.

sad hear bad news
2019-12-16
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 12-16 18:50
Please let me know what software you were using to show you the firmware.

Its shown in the analys link https://app.airdata.com/share/fbXOCF
Mavic Mini/iOS
DJI Fly 1.0.1
2019-12-17
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Christian U Posted at 12-17 02:00
Its shown in the analys link https://app.airdata.com/share/fbXOCF
Mavic Mini/iOS
DJI Fly 1.0.1

That's the version of DJI Fly App not firmware.
2019-12-17
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Can you have Firmware > 1.0.100 with DJI App 1.0.1 ?
2019-12-17
Use props
frafri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 489314 ft
United States

Sorry to hear mate. Please let us know more details so we can prevent this tragedy in the future
2019-12-19
Use props
tomalley
lvl.1
United States

I was flying with the v01.00.0200 firmware because the app says to update to 0300 version.

I had two emails with DJI support but they have stopped communicating with me.  They stopped after I sent the flight data. No reason to why they have not return any of my emails.  

Good luck to all and hope this doesn't happen to others.
2019-12-19
Use props
tomalley
lvl.1
United States

fansc7f1a7c9 Posted at 12-16 17:30
Hi
The same happened to me today as well, I updated then flew getting some video of a vessel in the bay and after 8 min it just drifted away on its own and failed to return with auto selected 3 times and then me manually trying to bring it home then it just decended with a load error and splash, after first flight lost

So sorry to hear this.  Expensive fault that DJI has on their hands if this gets worse.
2019-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules