Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini RTH - Battery Setting Issues
3593 10 2019-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dzulkernian747
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95436 ft
Brunei

My Mini dropped in a lake last weekend (pilot error), I bought a second unit (replacement) on the same day.
The second unit has two issue :

1) The option to set auto RTH based on battery level is missing.

2) The App/Drone does not RTH automatically when battery is low ..... I waited for 1 minute after the low batt notification/warning. The Controller keeps of beeping but the aircraft does not RTH. I have to manually press the RTH button to call the drone home.

The above options was available when I was flying the first Mini (R.I.P).

So far DJI support team name Carl is replying my email but now answering my questions...... any ideas ? is this hardware or software/app thing ?

2019-12-10
Use props
Handsome fang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211745 ft

Hong Kong

I judge it is caused by water。
2019-12-10
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Handsome fang Posted at 12-10 23:47
I judge it is caused by water。

by the water in a different drone?
2019-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you updated the firmware?
2019-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Regarding the low battery RTH, you are recommended to refer to the user manual of the Mavic mini:https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_en_0.pdf
1.png
At the same time, you mentioned that you have contacted our support team, so may we know the ticket number? We'd like to help you check it. Thanks.

2019-12-11
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see rth with low battery setting in any of my devices. I've only had a low battery warning once, I can't even remember what percentage that it happened at but it still had quite a bit of battery left so I dismissed the low battery warning and flew on for a few more minutes. I want to think it was like 49% or maybe a little more. But it didn't say anything about RTH.
2019-12-11
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-11 09:32
I don't see rth with low battery setting in any of my devices. I've only had a low battery warning once, I can't even remember what percentage that it happened at but it still had quite a bit of battery left so I dismissed the low battery warning and flew on for a few more minutes. I want to think it was like 49% or maybe a little more. But it didn't say anything about RTH.

i think the setting is valuable in case it is really missing from the mm.  would be nice to have rth automatically at a set battery level.  49% is too high; too many people are going to ignore it at that point and keep flying which will raise the risk unless the warning re-appears at 15%.
2019-12-11
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-11 09:42
i think the setting is valuable in case it is really missing from the mm.  would be nice to have rth automatically at a set battery level.  49% is too high; too many people are going to ignore it at that point and keep flying which will raise the risk unless the warning re-appears at 15%.

I just haven't had the chance to fly the battery down that low. But I will at some point I know. Seems since I've had my mini, opportunities to fly has had to be made. And during the next few month, the weather is a gamble as well.  However, I did find this in the user manual about it. There is no mention of addressable settings for low batter RTH.

2019-12-11
Use props
the1shark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

How far were you from the drone when the battery reached 20% ? Mavic will not return to home if it neer you.
2019-12-11
Use props
Dzulkernian747
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95436 ft
Brunei

I flew my mini again last night (taking night scene shots), this time around the RTH on low batt works ....can't really see what was the percentage value when it triggers. That setting of battery level for RTH....I am pretty sure I had that when I setup my previous MIni (the one that sank to the bottom of the lake). I would love to get it back....a good fail safe feature to warn the pilot upfront when flying far (need to estimate amount of battery required to come back home).
2019-12-11
Use props
YU6MM 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3154268 ft
Serbia

My mini is activatin RTH on 49% on my 3 batteries. Tested several times and always triggering on 49%. There is no setup battery level RTH like it was on DJI Go app.
2021-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules