Mavic Mini RTH Not Working
11637 13 2019-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JWBuddy386
New
Flight distance : 7927 ft
United States

Just got my Mini around Thanksgiving. RTH does not work for me. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have read the manual thoroughly and it does not appear I am missing any thing. The only setting I can find that effects RTH is the altitude, which I have set to 70 feet. When I start a flight it does announce that the homepoint location is set. However when I hold the RTH button on the transmitter, the drone just starts to land where it is. It does not climb to the RTH altitude and does not return to the home location. Firmware is all up to date. I am running Android Samsung Note8

2019-12-11
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

How far away horizontal is the drone from you/home point when you initiate RTH? If it’s within 20m the manual says it will land in place.
2019-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with your DJI Mavic Mini. For the RTH feature. When you are initiating the RTH button is the drone less 20 meters  from the homepoint? For reference I will be posting an image for more details regarding the RTH procedures. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2019-12-11
Use props
Mike Moccia
New
Italy

I Have the same Issue. I never saw the option "RTH" as in the below tutorial screenshot
2019-12-29
Use props
Mike Moccia
New
Italy

I Have the same Issue. I never saw the option "RTH" as in the below tutorial screenshot

2019-12-29
Use props
Happy Flying
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199150 ft
Australia

Yeah I have the same issue. Any solutions yet?
2019-12-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Happy Flying Posted at 12-30 21:34
Yeah I have the same issue. Any solutions yet?

The only solution is to read the manual or the part highlighted in red in post #3 above.
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_JWZyUON3OFeP
New
South Africa

Hi There, I am out in South Africa  I see that many people are having the same issue as me. I have recently purchased a mavic mini, and this has happened to me twice. Both with the drone being with 10 to 20m of home point. And unfortunately the second time the drone has come straight down and landed in some water. I haven't tested her again to see if she starts up. But I'd like to have it replaced as something is clearly defective, or something on the software is.
2020-2-3
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-12-11 12:00
Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with your DJI Mavic Mini. For the RTH feature. When you are initiating the RTH button is the drone less 20 meters  from the homepoint? For reference I will be posting an image for more details regarding the RTH procedures. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks. I was already wondering why my Mini does this as well, since i wanted to see, how it works when pressing the RTH Button. I usually fly and land manually, just wanted to ensure that in an emergency case the Button has an actual function. ^^
2020-2-3
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

as far as I know you need to be 20meters or so away for rth to work or its just gonna land where it is, mavic 2 and air anyway
2020-2-3
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

djiuser_JWZyUON3OFeP Posted at 2-3 01:43
Hi There, I am out in South Africa  I see that many people are having the same issue as me. I have recently purchased a mavic mini, and this has happened to me twice. Both with the drone being with 10 to 20m of home point. And unfortunately the second time the drone has come straight down and landed in some water. I haven't tested her again to see if she starts up. But I'd like to have it replaced as something is clearly defective, or something on the software is.

the answer is quite literally circled in red just 3 posts above.......
2020-2-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mizzu Posted at 2-3 02:13
Thanks. I was already wondering why my Mini does this as well, since i wanted to see, how it works when pressing the RTH Button. I usually fly and land manually, just wanted to ensure that in an emergency case the Button has an actual function. ^^

You are more than welcome and thank you for the additional information. If you have further concern or query, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. we are here to help and thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-3
Use props
djiuser_t5tBs9rwbSkL
New

United States

Are you flying in or near a restricted (unlock) geo zone? The manuals (page 14) says "GEO zones will affect RTH". The problem is that it doesn't say how they affect RTH. I've been in communication with DJI tech support on this subject, but have yet to get a clear answer.
2020-2-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Think about it for a minute. If it did not work the way it is designed, the Mini would always rise to the RTH altitude first, let's say 120 feet (36 m) for example. Now if your Mini is only 50 feet (15 meters) away, do you really want it doing that? I don't.
2020-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules