Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Interrupt RTH
823 6 2019-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AE1M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 148428 ft
United States

I was out on my first da with Mavic Mini, studied the manual and watched lots of videos. Drone was set with RTH altitude of  200' and I was in very large open clear area with great GPS reception.  Drone was several hundred feet away about 100' up.  I initiated RTH and the RETURN TO HOME message appeared on the iPhone7+ screen.  I could see drone rise and start to approach.  Soon a helicopter appeared and I was concerned so I immediately cancelled it and started a manual descent to maybe 50' and hovered.  After heli cleared the area, I tried to initiate RTH again, but only got the LANDING message and could not restart the RTH.  I manually brought it in.

Any help on why RTH would not initiate again?

2019-12-11
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

At wich distance away from HP did you try to initiate the RTH again?
If < 20 meters then it will not do a RTH but a landing.

cheers
JJB
2019-12-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Two things could possibly happen, one as jjb said, the second is you chose to RTH by pressing auto slide and mistakenly hitting land which is very similar .
2019-12-11
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think we all know it well RTH but for some reason we don't know RTM which is just as important!

j/k
2019-12-11
Use props
AE1M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 148428 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-11 04:23
i think we all known it well RTH but for some reason we don't know RTM which is just as important!

j/k

sorry, what is RTM?
2019-12-11
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AE1M Posted at 12-11 06:58
sorry, what is RTM?

Its short for RTFM   ;-)   but RTM = Read The Manual.
2019-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. As JJB* stated at post #2, if the drone is less than 20 meters from the home point the drone will initiate landing procedure. For more details, I will be posting a link ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... anual_v1.0_en_0.pdf ) with regards to the manual for the DJI Mavic Mini.  If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.

2019-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules