1030 9 2019-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that I have followed procedures in caring for my mp2 batteries but all four of my batteries that I purchased with my mavic right after the release date is now bulging at the bottom.  Of course, I have discontinued useing them and has started purchasing replacements.  DJI will not assist in any manner.  Is this budging battery just normal outcomes for length of service or is there something that can be done differently with the new batteries that I am purchasing.  These replacements are very pricy.
2019-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There seems to be a batch of batteries that are doing this,  there are man threads here about it.  As long as your not storing the batteries in hot or cold conditions (like inside car in summer etc) and you land with about 20% or more left then there's not really anything your doing wrong.
2019-12-11
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-11 05:01
There seems to be a batch of batteries that are doing this,  there are man threads here about it.  As long as your not storing the batteries in hot or cold conditions (like inside car in summer etc) and you land with about 20% or more left then there's not really anything your doing wrong.

Thanks; and if that can be proven then DJI should be sued to replace the batteries.  
2019-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M Stuart K Posted at 12-11 07:13
Thanks; and if that can be proven then DJI should be sued to replace the batteries.

Have a look at this thread - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2019-12-11
Use props
fans9c544e01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

I bought my Mavic Pro 2 past August. I love the drone. However, I was a newbie to this area of operating drones. So one thing I did not understand was HEAT is the death of these batteries. I live in Dallas, Texas. So the temperatures here are high. I probably ruined 2 or 3 batteries during the first 3 months of operating my drone. It was user error because I did not know or educated myself about the battery care. So now, if it is the summer, I carry a portable cooler with me if it is hot out. After I fly the drone and land it, I take the battery and I place it in a water proof container and I sit if in the cooler filled with ice. So after 15 or 20 min, I than will put the battery on the smarttree charger and let it charge. Since I been doing this, no more batteries damaged. Before, after I flew, I would try to charge the battery right away. Doing that in the Dallas heat and the battery being hot, I caused the demise of the battery. Since watching youtube videos on  care of the batteries, my way of cooling before recharging in the "heat" saved the battery. In the dallas winters being that it is much cooler, I don't put them in the coolers. I just set aside the battery until I am done with the second flight and than put the battery in the charger since it had time to cool from the cooler air temps. I hope this helps you.  
2019-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi M Stuart K, we apologize to read the troubles with the batteries, please send email to support@dji.com with the serial number and the picture of the swollen batteries, the team will help to check, thank you.
2019-12-11
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-11 07:29
Have a look at this thread - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=198309&extra=page%3D8%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26typeid%3D567%26typeid%3D567%26orderby%3Ddateline

Wow! The evidence in that post is compelling!  
2019-12-12
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-11 19:30
Hi M Stuart K, we apologize to read the troubles with the batteries, please send email to  with the serial number and the picture of the swollen batteries, the team will help to check, thank you.

Thanks Mindy!  I just sent the pictures of the batteries and serial numbers:  This is the automatic response I got:

Dear Kendall,

Thank you for contacting DJI.

Your request (2483720) has been received and we will contact you as soon as possible.
2019-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

M Stuart K Posted at 12-12 13:00
Thanks Mindy!  I just sent the pictures of the batteries and serial numbers:  This is the automatic response I got:

Dear Kendall,

No worries, this is your email ticket number sent by the system automatically, our support team will follow up and reply, please note the email update.
2019-12-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M Stuart K Posted at 12-12 12:58
Wow! The evidence in that post is compelling!

Please let us know how you get on with the case.
2019-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules