can change CE version to FCC version?
29176 31 2019-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

using auto mode with 2.4 GHz (CE version) get a lot interference and high risk disconnected with RC.
can we change CE version to become FCC version that more stability using 5.8 GHz?
2019-12-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can choose to use 5.8 GHZ manually. Here is a link on how to do so.

How to Choose 5.8 GHZ with CE models
2019-12-11
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Indonesia

JodyB Posted at 12-11 08:00
You can choose to use 5.8 GHZ manually. Here is a link on how to do so.

How to Choose 5.8 GHZ with CE models

yes,there 5.8 GHz in CE version, but it has low power and short range.
2019-12-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry. Having more transmit power wasn't mentioned in your first post. Only that you wanted the stability of 5.8 GHZ, so I didn't know to address that. There is no current way of making the CE version into an FCC version so the best I can advise is to find someone with an FCC model they want to sell and purchase from them, work out a trade, find one on ebay, or something similar. For your country/region in which you live that you purchased your MM, the CE rules has you limited to what the CE model can do.
2019-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. For the signal issue. I would recommend to please try flying the drone in a different location with less interference to isolate the issue. With regards to the inquiry for switching from CE to FCC frequency. If the DJI Mavic Mini was purchased from a CE supported region, I am sorry to say, that it will have only the CE frequency version. In addition, I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial for the best practices for flying the drone. Thank you.

2019-12-11
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

Neither Jody or Dji moderator are right...

Drones (no matter the HW version) will in fact switch to the local version to comply with regulations...
That means FCC will be "as bad" in europe as the CE version and The CE version will not suck as much in the FCC mode if started in US (there are people with CE mavic reaching over -3500m- (edit: that was fcc version in fcc mode, my bad) distance in FCC mode with 5.8)
They call the FCC mode an "11 channels mode" - because FCC AFAIK 13 - 2.4GHz channels are not allowed in US - So that will be your cue, whether you have switched mode. In the switched mode - the emitted power is increased.

The modes can be tricked without any Dji fly App nor HW hacks (though you will be probably breaking local regulations)
The process is quite tedious if you are not careful - then it's a chore to keep the drone in the "faked" state...

I WILL NOT post a "HOW TO" here, because the post would simply get removed, so just know: "it actually Is possible, try searching on YouTube."
2019-12-11
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Gu5s Posted at 12-11 13:27
Neither Jody or Dji moderator are right...

Drones (no matter the HW version) will in fact switch to the local version to comply with regulations...

You are incorrect. The CE version can indeed be switched into an "FCC mode" where it turns its radios up a bit, but it won't get anywhere near the range of a "true FCC" mode. Certainly nowhere near the 3500m you're discussing. The video you're referencing was showing an FCC Mini flying in Europe which was prevented from going into "CE mode", not a CE mini in "FCC mode".
2019-12-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Guys I’m aware of the “trick” and  I’m sorry but if you have to “trick” it to get it into another mode of operation, that’s modding it to do something it wasn’t intended to do. According to the instruction manual, the CE version transmits at 15 dB maximum while the FCC model transmits at 30 dB. No where in there does it state the CE model was intended to be used as an fcc model so I can’t advise as such and information of such should be sought elsewhere IMHO. DJI intended it the way it is so if he wants and FCC model, he should get one by however means is appropriate to him. If he wants to “trick” it, then someone send him a PM with the instructions. I’m not going to post them here on the forum that’s for sure. Don’t be so hasty to jump to call someone wrong that chooses to follow the rules. Good luck with what you seek to do OP.
2019-12-11
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Indonesia

thx u all for the response,
i already found it at youtube.
2019-12-11
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

Ice_2k Posted at 12-11 14:07
You are incorrect. The CE version can indeed be switched into an "FCC mode" where it turns its radios up a bit, but it won't get anywhere near the range of a "true FCC" mode. Certainly nowhere near the 3500m you're discussing. The video you're referencing was showing an FCC Mini flying in Europe which was prevented from going into "CE mode", not a CE mini in "FCC mode".

My bad you are right on the distance, but i didn't say it will magically turn the transmition power into FCC, I just said it won't suck as much.
2019-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried airplane mode on your phone to reduce the interference that it can cause?
2019-12-12
Use props
James Wood
New

South Korea

I've been seriously considering the mavic mini as a pocketable back up for my Mavic 2 pro. But having to contend with the CE and FCC thing again I think I won't. I bought a spark and flew it in CE most of the time. The range was poor and it was very disappointing. In FCC mode, however, it wasn't half bad. I currently live in a CE country. I suspect I would be disappointed and frustrated with the mavic mini in CE mode. At the end of the day, users want a drone that you can confidently complete your photography missions with without risk of flyaways. I never had that confidence with the spark. I do with the mavic 2 pro. I just rarely get a chance to fly it!
2020-3-3
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

First, the FCC version does not issue 30dBi, it issues 25-26dBi, and DJI adds 4dBi to the specification by amplifying the antenna, so if you changed the antenna, then you need to count accordingly.
Second, you can't turn the CE version into the FCC and Vice versa, since they differ at the hardware level, and different chips are soldered into different gain paths. And with the help of GPS substitution, of course, you can use the CE version to work in the range of 5.8 G, only there the power will be much lower than in the FCC version.
And it will only be effective when there is too much interference in the 2.4 G range!

Therefore either the helix antenna for 50 USD or ALENTECH for 300USD or yagi58-24adapter print on a 3D printer and insert metal bars.
PS Yagi antennas of two types, different for each band. They have a gain of about 10dBi.

2020-3-4
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Alevpi Posted at 3-4 00:35
First, the FCC version does not issue 30dBi, it issues 25-26dBi, and DJI adds 4dBi to the specification by amplifying the antenna, so if you changed the antenna, then you need to count accordingly.
Second, you can't turn the CE version into the FCC and Vice versa, since they differ at the hardware level, and different chips are soldered into different gain paths. And with the help of GPS substitution, of course, you can use the CE version to work in the range of 5.8 G, only there the power will be much lower than in the FCC version.
And it will only be effective when there is too much interference in the 2.4 G range!

Very interesting, will this work together with parabolic reflectors, Comrade?) I can try to print this together)
(Вери интерестинг, вил зис ворк тугезер виз параболик рефлекторс, товарищ?)
2020-3-8
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Head to nolimitdronez.com on how to unlock your drone, depending on current firmware used.

This includes power mode unlocking.
2020-3-8
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Pashi Posted at 3-8 02:54
Very interesting, will this work together with parabolic reflectors, Comrade?) I can try to print this together)
(Вери интерестинг, вил зис ворк тугезер виз параболик рефлекторс, товарищ?)

The Yagi antenna will not work with parabolic reflectors, they have a different principle of operation.
But Yagi's gain is higher.
2020-3-8
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

*DM* Posted at 3-8 03:22
Head to nolimitdronez.com on how to unlock your drone, depending on current firmware used.

This includes power mode unlocking.

Not in case of mavic mini
2020-3-9
Use props
lingu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264203 ft
Norway

Ice_2k Posted at 2019-12-11 14:07

I have reached  3300m with my CE model. That was a stretch but I hade a pretty good signal.
821DF6FD-3C3A-4440-9B0A-772719C55EC1.jpeg
2020-5-13
Use props
ichan.id
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54183 ft
Indonesia

lingu Posted at 5-13 07:07
I have reached  3300m with my CE model. That was a stretch but I hade a pretty good signal.

what application is this ? doesn't look like a DJI Fly App
2020-5-13
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

ichan.id Posted at 5-13 07:19

Someone says here that the power of transmission is coming for a different hardware, meaning it is not relative to the GPS switch on position as I thought.

So... if I purchase a MM in the US and fly in Europe, can I set manually the frequency to 5.8 and have full transmission power / true FCC mode just like in the US ?

Cheers
2020-5-13
Use props
ichan.id
lvl.2
Indonesia

philgib Posted at 5-13 07:37
Someone says here that the power of transmission is coming for a different hardware, meaning it is not relative to the GPS switch on position as I thought.

So... if I purchase a MM in the US and fly in Europe, can I set manually the frequency to 5.8 and have full transmission power just like in the US ?

you can set manually, but you cant get full power like FCC at US in EU because EU is CE region
2020-5-13
Use props
lingu
lvl.1
Norway

ichan.id Posted at 5-13 07:19

It’s the DJI fly app. This screenshot is from your flight history that you will find under your profile at the “home screen” in the app.
2020-5-13
Use props
ichan.id
lvl.2
Indonesia

lingu Posted at 5-13 09:02
It’s the DJI fly app. This screenshot is from your flight history that you will find under your profile at the “home screen” in the app.

ahaha sorry, stupid me. at first i think it just a list, can't be played
2020-5-13
Use props
lingu
lvl.1
Norway

ichan.id Posted at 5-13 09:36
ahaha sorry, stupid me. at first i think it just a list, can't be played

Me too, but it’s a really cool feature   
2020-5-13
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3
United Kingdom

What if you buy an FCC remote control from USA and pair it with a CE mini?

What would the result be?
2020-8-27
Use props
djiuser_eEClSMWy9Thu
lvl.1

Netherlands

JodyB Posted at 2019-12-11 08:28
I'm sorry. Having more transmit power wasn't mentioned in your first post. Only that you wanted the stability of 5.8 GHZ, so I didn't know to address that. There is no current way of making the CE version into an FCC version so the best I can advise is to find someone with an FCC model they want to sell and purchase from them, work out a trade, find one on ebay, or something similar. For your country/region in which you live that you purchased your MM, the CE rules has you limited to what the CE model can do.

5.8 GHz is ONLY more stable if you have more output than 2.4 GHz. This is because the lower frequency is better in penetrating through obstacles like buildings or trees. The only downside is with 2.4 Ghz. Is that you cannot transfer data so fast as 5.8 Ghz. Because you have less waves. Try to adjust the antennas on your controller and keep them pointed to your drone.
2020-9-15
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

search for drone-hacks.com and buy a lite license (20 euros), then boost your MM with even more power then FCC.

Boost mode will allow the highest RC output possible!
CE mode is <=20dBm (100mW)
FCC mode is <=26dBm (<400mW)
Boost maximum is 1.8W or 1800mW

Mavic Mini: We can enable boost mode on Mavic Mini (there is no FCC hack for CE mini, only Boost mode!). For the Mavic Mini there is also no specific Watt values, it will just power up your RemoteController to the maximum possible. Due to different hardware the results for boost mode will be different on CE and FCC models.
2020-9-16
Use props
djiuser_SvdF4QxbmrQR
lvl.1

New Zealand

djiuser_eEClSMWy9Thu Posted at 9-15 22:22
5.8 GHz is ONLY more stable if you have more output than 2.4 GHz. This is because the lower frequency is better in penetrating through obstacles like buildings or trees. The only downside is with 2.4 Ghz. Is that you cannot transfer data so fast as 5.8 Ghz. Because you have less waves. Try to adjust the antennas on your controller and keep them pointed to your drone.

"Because you have less waves."  WTF ?
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_XKQiTkZzSCP3
lvl.1
United States

How do I tell if the mini 2 is CE or FCC version?  I bought it in the USA, but I only see 2.4ghz in the transmission choice.
2021-2-11
Use props
Georgian Tea
New

United Kingdom

Will a FCC controller link to an EC drone? I have such a controller and drone but cannot get them to link. Is that to be expected?
2021-12-13
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Georgian Tea Posted at 12-13 08:33
Will a FCC controller link to an EC drone? I have such a controller and drone but cannot get them to link. Is that to be expected?

I do not think that there is such thing as an FCC or EC drone or controller. It all depends on in which country you are operating in and how it will work. If you are in UE it will work in the EU region which is 2.4Ghz, as the GPS will pick up the GPS signal to determine where it is and operate accordingly. This is all done automatically and you can not change this.
2021-12-13
Use props
Georgian Tea
New

United Kingdom

Thanks. Is there any reason why my controller and drone won't link together? I have followed the 4 second push button procedure on controller and drone and they don't link.
2021-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules