Osmo pocket crashed and died after firmware upgrade.
1251 4 2019-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_D47xaBV3f7oL
New
France

Hi, one of my Osmo Pocket died after a failed firmware upgrade.
At the end of the upgrade, the osmo was still blinking red and green, but the app froze.
I think this is because the osmo was on the table and not standing, leading to a calibrating failure but still trying to write the firmware.
Now when I start the osmo, the gimbal doesn't calibrate, and there is no charge icon. It became useless and crazy (like it starts recording randomly).
The osmo is still charging but it doesn't seem to be aware of the charge. . So in the menu, there is a battery icon written 0%.

Now I'm pretty annoyed that there doesn't seem to be a firmware writing checking, which would downgrade to the last previous version in case of failure.
So I'd like to downgrad or hard reset or re-install the new firmware. The issue is there is a check done by the app, that there is enough battery (>15%), but because the osmo think it's at zero, I can't proceed.

Would you have an idea of how to force one of the firmware? I'm pretty sure that if I passed the 15% limit, then it would come back to normal.
I became so suspicious that to upgrade the second one, I recorded a video.

This should be a failsafe process.
2019-12-11
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Awful situation! Fortunately I've just updated without any trouble, but if I read this first I would wait until working solution arrived. Thanks for sharing your concerns!
2019-12-11
Use props
djiuser_CnWGhbUQSdiU
New

United States

I too am experiencing this exact issue. Very dissapointed. My update failed for no reason at all, then will not try again because battery reads as zero even while pligged in to charge. Gimble will not initialize. Camera records randomly but can not be controled. This is not acceptable. I use this camera for my youtube channel and now can not work untill this issue is fixed.
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_Xwabdf6QXKi5
New

Costa Rica

i tried to update my osmo pocket , and the battery goes to 0% it wont charge
2019-12-27
Use props
Mohinder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 920489 ft
Ireland

That's really awful situation! It shouldn't happened. I believe that DJI do something to fix it and next firmware upgrade will be failsafe.
2019-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules