21671 31 2019-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all. My mavic mini is only showing 5.8ghz. 2.4 chanels not showing up. I reinstalled the app and uploaded my flight records and switching manually while on the ground is only showing 5.8. I'm in the Florida USA.
2019-12-11
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2019-12-11
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

The FCC version of the Mavic Mini only has 5.8Ghz
2019-12-11
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

My CE Version seems to be also only 5.8Ghz or how can i switch it ?
2019-12-11
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 12-11 12:58
The FCC version of the Mavic Mini only has 5.8Ghz
If your Mavic Mini is the FCC version, then you can fly it in countries and regions of FCC and SRRC, as well as 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions.
In an unobstructed environment free of interference, the FCC Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 4 km in the FCC countries and regions, can reach 2.5 km in the SRRC countries and regions, and can reach 500 m in 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions.
2019-12-11
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

i dont know what version it is, how can i find out. I'm in the US and all the other dji drones are both 2.4 and 5.8.
2019-12-11
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

fans589cba4b Posted at 12-11 13:09
i dont know what version it is, how can i find out. I'm in the US and all the other dji drones are both 2.4 and 5.8.

In the US you can only get the FCC version. Your drone has just 5.8Ghz (which is the "better" frequency as it's less prone to interference) and it can reach 4km while flying in the US.
2019-12-11
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ok sounds good then.
2019-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Christian U Posted at 12-11 13:01
My CE Version seems to be also only 5.8Ghz or how can i switch it ?

Hi Christian, you can switch the channel between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz if your drone is the CE version. Firstly, please set the channel mode to "Manual", before the aircraft takes off, you can choose from the channels shown on the bottom of the app. The channel numbered above 140 is a 5.8 GHz, and there are five of them (four in Korea). The other 13 channels are 2.4 GHz channels.
2019-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If you purchased from the US, it should be FCC version and FCC version of the Mavic Mini only has 5.8Ghz. frequency.png
2019-12-12
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans589cba4b Posted at 12-11 13:09

If you bought your MM in the US or from a DJI authorized retailer and you gave them an address thats in the US, you'll get the FCC version. The FCC version only has the 5 GHZ band of frequencies.

Only the CE or European model of the Mavic Mini supports both 2.4 and 5.8 GHZ bands. The European version also has a lower transmit power as well. There are other models, like the Mavic Air and such that supports both bands, but that changed with the Mavic Mini. Here are the specs for each model from the DJI website

Operating Frequency[2]
    Model MT1SS5: 5.725-5.850 GHz
    Model MT1SD25: 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz

Transmission Power (EIRP)
    Model MT1SS5
    5.8 GHz: <30 dBm (FCC); <28 dBm (SRRC)
    Model MT1SD25
    2.4 GHz: <19 dBm (MIC/CE)
    5.8 GHz: <14 dBm (CE)
2019-12-12
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

Thanks DJI Mindy, how does the Automatic channel selection work ?
It has never selected 2.4 Ghz for me in the wild where all channels are free.
When i manually select 2.4 Ghz i have much better Transmission. on 5.8 Ghz and some trees in the Way ~200m away i have Signal loss, with 2.4 never.
2019-12-16
Use props
Ruben13
lvl.1

Netherlands

deathsquad Posted at 2019-12-11 13:01
If your Mavic Mini is the FCC version, then you can fly it in countries and regions of FCC and SRRC, as well as 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions.
In an unobstructed environment free of interference, the FCC Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 4 km in the FCC countries and regions, can reach 2.5 km in the SRRC countries and regions, and can reach 500 m in 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions.

Hi, I bought a mini in the Netherlands (Europe). Does this mean that I also have a range of 4 km when I set the GHZ on 5,8. They advertise here with 2 km, so i am a bit confused. Maybe are those 2 km range only in Europa and 4 km outside of Europa? Do you know that?
2020-2-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ruben13 Posted at 2-17 06:03
Hi, I bought a mini in the Netherlands (Europe). Does this mean that I also have a range of 4 km when I set the GHZ on 5,8. They advertise here with 2 km, so i am a bit confused. Maybe are those 2 km range only in Europa and 4 km outside of Europa? Do you know that?

You have the CE version

Model MR1SD25
2.4 GHz: 2000 m (MIC/CE)
5.8 GHz: 500 m (CE)
2020-2-17
Use props
djiuser_XauiMDfbScfN
New
Flight distance : 234094 ft
United States

Is it possible to buy a remote that gets the 2.4 channels and pair it with my mini?
2020-6-15
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_XauiMDfbScfN Posted at 6-15 14:29
Is it possible to buy a remote that gets the 2.4 channels and pair it with my mini?

Both AC and RC would need to be capable of 2.4ghz e.g the CE version

The FCC 5.8ghz model available in the US already has the greatest transmission power and range
Also based on the US GPS location the CE model RC  and AC would revert to the 5.8ghz and you would be worse off range wise at 500m

You could trick the GPS location so that it is elsewhere, but that is another discussion

Mavic Mini transmission range - Copy.JPG
2020-6-15
Use props
jimw1956
lvl.1
United States

I'm a little concerned. I got a Mini at Best Buy three weeks ago. Range doesn't seem to be up to par. Strange thing is that when I first turned it on, I had 2.4 and 5.8 ghz wifi on the manual channel selection. Now I only have 5.8. Is it possible I might have accidentally gotten a CE version in the U.S. that somehow has "realized" it was in U.S. and reverted to only 5.8? I know for a fact that initially I had 2.4 and 5.8 frequencies available, and now I only have 5 5.8 channels in manual or automatic. I'm past my return window for Best Buy. Longest distance I've seen yet is around 1600 feet with breakup.
2020-7-7
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jimw1956 Posted at 7-7 07:28
I'm a little concerned. I got a Mini at Best Buy three weeks ago. Range doesn't seem to be up to par. Strange thing is that when I first turned it on, I had 2.4 and 5.8 ghz wifi on the manual channel selection. Now I only have 5.8. Is it possible I might have accidentally gotten a CE version in the U.S. that somehow has "realized" it was in U.S. and reverted to only 5.8? I know for a fact that initially I had 2.4 and 5.8 frequencies available, and now I only have 5 5.8 channels in manual or automatic. I'm past my return window for Best Buy. Longest distance I've seen yet is around 1600 feet with breakup.

Look inside the battery compartment and check your model number

Model MT1SS5 is FCC

Model MT1SD25 is CE
2020-7-7
Use props
djiuser_kuvaEQvpV3Mf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26565 ft
Mexico

itchyeyeballs Posted at 7-7 08:15
Look inside the battery compartment and check your model number

So basically since we have the Model MT1SS5, then we have nothing more than an expensive kids toy to play with in the backyard? Because the 5.8 ghz frequently has terrible range!!! I wish I would have known that before I wasted my money on the DJI Mavic Mini.
2020-10-1
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

djiuser_kuvaEQvpV3Mf Posted at 10-1 17:24
So basically since we have the Model MT1SS5, then we have nothing more than an expensive kids toy to play with in the backyard? Because the 5.8 ghz frequently has terrible range!!! I wish I would have known that before I wasted my money on the DJI Mavic Mini.
please read the numbers carefuly ... the 5.8Ghz on the FCC version is much more powerful than the 5.8 Ghz on the CE version.   If you can't go far with your FCC is probably because of interferences.  Put your phone in airplane mode .. cut the bluetooth on your smartwatch if you have one .. cut everything that can emitt a signal around you.   Yesterday i was able to fly my MM  ( FCC )  1.2 Km away with no problem .. i could have go farther if i wanted.  Im actually very happy to own a FCC version if you ask me.

Model MT1SS5 is FCC

Model MT1SD25 is CE
2020-10-2
Use props
djiuser_kuvaEQvpV3Mf
lvl.1
Mexico

Flaming Posted at 10-2 05:48
please read the numbers carefuly ... the 5.8Ghz on the FCC version is much more powerful that the 5.8 Ghz on the CE version.   If you can't go far with your FCC is probably because of interferences.  Put your phone in airplane mode .. cut the bluetooth on your smartwatch if you have one .. cut everything that can emitt a signal around you.   Yesterday i was able to fly my MM  ( FCC )  1.2 Km away with no problem .. i could have go farther if i wanted.  Im actually very happy to own a FCC version if you ask me.

Model MT1SS5 is FCC

I did read the numbers carefully and I do have the FCC model. You are bragging about 1.2 km? Are you really serious? I work for an internet company and I do know for a fact that 2.4 ghz has much more range. I just received my range extenders, shut my Bluetooth off of my smartwatch, shut the wifi and Bluetooth off of my cellphone and it is still terrible. I think you guys falsely advertised on the Mavic Mini BIGTIME.
2020-10-2
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 2019-12-11 13:10
In the US you can only get the FCC version. Your drone has just 5.8Ghz (which is the "better" frequency as it's less prone to interference) and it can reach 4km while flying in the US.

Thank you. A simple no bar answer.  
2020-10-2
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

djiuser_kuvaEQvpV3Mf Posted at 10-2 14:27
I did read the numbers carefully and I do have the FCC model. You are bragging about 1.2 km? Are you really serious? I work for an internet company and I do know for a fact that 2.4 ghz has much more range. I just received my range extenders, shut my Bluetooth off of my smartwatch, shut the wifi and Bluetooth off of my cellphone and it is still terrible. I think you guys falsely advertised on the Mavic Mini BIGTIME.
What range are you getting ? Please define "terrible range" And yes I can fly easily over 1km on FCC 5.8  but I didn't try farther yet..what you need ? A proof ? Lol.  Just trying to help here . It's an special enhanced 5.8  Wifi signal ..not the regular 5ghz wifi signal from an internet router *wink* and I suppose you know that because you work for an Internet company right ?

Just look at the pic ..1020m   that's a big backyard don't you think ? Oh and I never lost the signal , the RC signal icon don't work at all when you replay a flight log. It's currently bugged.
Screenshot_20201002-233434.png
2020-10-2
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I did read the numbers carefully and I do have the FCC model. You are bragging about 1.2 km? Are you really serious? I work for an internet company and I do know for a fact that 2.4 ghz has much more range. I just received my range extenders, shut my Bluetooth off of my smartwatch, shut the wifi and Bluetooth off of my cellphone and it is still terrible. I think you guys falsely advertised on the Mavic Mini BIGTIME.

It will go a long way in the right conditions -

If you want a drone to fly in an area with interference you need to spend more (at least double) and get one with occusync.

2.4Ghz may travel further but is generally subject to much more interference, also if you work in this field you should know to look at the power, the FCC transmits 5.8Ghz at 30 dBm which is way more powerful than the CE drone (2.8Ghz 19 dBm and 5.8ghz 14 dBm)

Most people with the CE drone would love to have the FCC version!
2020-10-6
Use props
djiuser_kuvaEQvpV3Mf
lvl.1
Mexico

itchyeyeballs Posted at 10-6 08:17
It will go a long way in the right conditions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBXS2m9xwXc

If you want a drone to fly in an area with interference you need to spend more (at least double) and get one with occusync.
You guys are absolutely right on here, so anyone reading these questions and answers on here, you get what you pay for in the drone world.  The mini is a cool little drone to start with. The truth is you can show whatever video you want (which is probably DJI sponsored) and I can show one that shows you are wrong. The mini is a very expensive kids toy and is falsely advertised. Now sugar coat it all you want.
2020-10-16
Use props
djiuser_kuvaEQvpV3Mf
lvl.1
Mexico

djiuser_kuvaEQvpV3Mf Posted at 10-16 15:02
You guys are absolutely right on here, so anyone reading these questions and answers on here, you get what you pay for in the drone world.  The mini is a cool little drone to start with. The truth is you can show whatever video you want (which is probably DJI sponsored) and I can show one that shows you are wrong. The mini is a very expensive kids toy and is falsely advertised. Now sugar coat it all you want.

I have to apologize about some of my previous comments on here. I am new at flying drones and was getting very frustrated. I had a great time with it today. I suggest for anyone who is new, to watch all the videos you can on YouTube about the mini, they do help.
2020-10-17
Use props
GangreneTVP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110079 ft
United States

djiuser_kuvaEQvpV3Mf Posted at 10-17 17:22
I have to apologize about some of my previous comments on here. I am new at flying drones and was getting very frustrated. I had a great time with it today. I suggest for anyone who is new, to watch all the videos you can on YouTube about the mini, they do help.

What did you find that helped? Did you get an extender? If so, which one?
2020-11-5
Use props
Vimarsh Gowda
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277992 ft
India

I did read the numbers carefully and I do have the FCC model. You are bragging about 1.2 km? Are you really serious? I work for an internet company and I do know for a fact that 2.4 ghz has much more range. I just received my range extenders, shut my Bluetooth off of my smartwatch, shut the wifi and Bluetooth off of my cellphone and it is still terrible. I think you guys falsely advertised on the Mavic Mini BIGTIME.

Hi, first things first.
1. Dow load DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic
2. Update the firmware of mavic mini and controllers separately.
3. Once switched on, calibrate the compass, IMU and gimbals.
4. Calibrate the RC controller also , there is a option in DJI fly.
5. Calibrate your mobile compass. In Google Map, press the GPS location and see the blue center dot of your exact location, click on that blue dot and you will get a option to calibrate your mobile compass.
Once all calibrated, connect and fly.You will get 1000 Meter . If you're in city ,good range is 700 to 900 meter, If no interference; 1000 can be archived easily . Try this work, Still you can find DIY range extenders. Search in youtube you will get it. Remember, DJI MINI Manual has instructions for use of DJI assitant 2 firmware update
2020-12-10
Use props
djiuser_1or30K5bKiY8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 520302 ft
United States

I get 1 mile + on the regular the Mavic Mini is the 1st drone I've ever "trusted"
Screenshot_20210103-192328.jpg
2021-1-3
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

Regarding the 2.4 and 5.8 ranges, I don't know how exactly they are selected by DJY FLY APP and by Mavic Mini, but I remember that when I had a Spark, it was selected depending on the region you were flying (if I was in US, it was using FCC. If I was in Europe, it was using CE automatically).
I'm using now this hybrid range booster below and I noticed that it has improved the range in the country (rural area), but in the city, sometimes I still get that message of poor signal to adjust my antennas. Overall, I'm enjoying it and using it.

Signal Booster

Signal Booster

STARTRC Controller Signal Booster Kit 5.8G Yagi Antenna with Mirror Double Range Extender for DJI Mavic Mini/Mavic 2/Mavic RRO
2021-1-4
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

fans589cba4b Posted at 2019-12-11 13:09

In US. 5.8 sold I believe only.
I’m in the US and I checked my box it is 5.8.  model MT 1SS5.
Doug
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_yj7kmwFCB57K
New

United Kingdom

Hi I bought my drone and I noticed that I only have the option for automatic channel is there a way I can get the manual one?
2021-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules