Activetrack Trace Orbit/Circle
5981 12 2019-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9PkfhzP2w3Ie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1148 ft

United States

I recently bought a Mavic 2 Zoom.  It works fine but when I put it into ActiveTrack / Trace it won't circle around the subject the way it's supposed to.

I moved the slider bar like I'm supposed to but...no go.  

What's wrong?  

By the way, this is NOT Hyperlapse mode.

Any help MUCH appreciated?
2019-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was there any obstacles that it could have been trying to avoid?
2019-12-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to perform the ActiveTrack in an open area wherein there is no possible obstacles that might interrupt the said feature. Also, can you please send us a video showing the problem for us to help you further. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_9PkfhzP2w3Ie
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-12 09:27
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to perform the ActiveTrack in an open area wherein there is no possible obstacles that might interrupt the said feature. Also, can you please send us a video showing the problem for us to help you further. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

This was a wide open field.  No obstacles.  Really not much to video...the slider moves but pops right back to center (0 point) when I let it go instead of staying like it should.  Drone doesn't move.
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_9PkfhzP2w3Ie
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-12 01:40
Was there any obstacles that it could have been trying to avoid?

It was in a huge wide open field.  Zero obstacles anywhere.  High off the ground too.
2019-12-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_9PkfhzP2w3Ie Posted at 12-12 19:33
This was a wide open field.  No obstacles.  Really not much to video...the slider moves but pops right back to center (0 point) when I let it go instead of staying like it should.  Drone doesn't move.

Hi, thank you for the additional information. Can you please try to sync all of your flight records then try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem persists? After that, you may try to relink the RC to Aircraft as well for us to make sure that the connectivity of both devices is there. You may refer to the tutorial below. Please let us know the update of the said issue. Thank you for your support!

2019-12-13
Use props
djiuser_9PkfhzP2w3Ie
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-13 16:07
Hi, thank you for the additional information. Can you please try to sync all of your flight records then try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem persists? After that, you may try to relink the RC to Aircraft as well for us to make sure that the connectivity of both devices is there. You may refer to the tutorial below. Please let us know the update of the said issue. Thank you for your support!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVwvfIdnXA

How do I 'sync all my flight records'?  I don't even know what this means.
And when you say 'uninstall/reinstall the application' are you referring to the DJI GO application I just recently installed on my Android?
2019-12-15
Use props
djiuser_9PkfhzP2w3Ie
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_9PkfhzP2w3Ie Posted at 12-15 16:53
And when you say 'uninstall/reinstall the application' are you referring to the DJI GO application I just recently installed on my Android?

Also, my phone/controller connects/commands the drone perfectly with the exception of the Activetrack orbit function...are you suggesting that there could be a connectivity issue for a specific feature?
2019-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_9PkfhzP2w3Ie Posted at 12-15 16:53
And when you say 'uninstall/reinstall the application' are you referring to the DJI GO application I just recently installed on my Android?

Hi, For you to sync your flight records: 1. Launch the DJI GO 4 app > Tap the three bars icon in the upper-right corner > Click “Flight Records” > 4. Click the cloud icon in the upper-right corner > Select “All” and click “Start Synchronization” > Click “Complete”. Also, We do have the tutorial on youtube for the DJI Go app syncing flight records it is more likely the same with the DJI Go 4 application. You can try the troubleshooting steps that I have provided to you and please let us know if the issue persists. Thank you!

2019-12-20
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

HI, I have seen my Mavic 2 zoom do this too, I think i raized the altitude and the slider moved and locked at a position in the arc and the drone started to circle me as I Rode my bike down a hill.
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_9PkfhzP2w3Ie
lvl.1

United States

TVOD Posted at 12-21 18:39
HI, I have seen my Mavic 2 zoom do this too, I think i raized the altitude and the slider moved and locked at a position in the arc and the drone started to circle me as I Rode my bike down a hill.

Really?  So you just raised your altitude and it worked?  I'll definitely try this, thanks!
2019-12-22
Use props
usmovers01
lvl.1

United States

TVOD Posted at 12-21 18:39

THANKS!  Because of you my Zoom now works like a champ. Your suggestion to increase my Zoom's altitude in order to get it to orbit in Trace mode was spot on. You're a God
2019-12-23
Use props
Soiboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 572566 ft
United States

Still have this same problem, tried adjusting elevation, completely open area, no obstacles, it will NOT circle
2020-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules