1076 7 2019-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6e6a8803
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65830 ft
Indonesia

Hy together..

i ordered my Mini 3 weeks ago so i think one of batch 1. Since than i did a few flights to test the drone

but i dont know if i am the only one with this problem because i cant find anyone else with it..

My signal to my phone is soooooo weak that i even in 5 m distance to drone my signal with full power 90% battery every move i make is soooo unbelievable weak so for me it is not possible to trust the drone. Sometimes i have a few seconds it works fine, but when i fly 50 m ( also in areas with nothing around me) its stottering and looses signals, etc. what makes it impossible to do smooth camera movements or even save flights. After 100 m i often lost completly signal.. I also tried 2 iphones (X and a 7) both the same..

The interesting part is that it feels that the connection from the controller to the drone works fine when i fly directly in front of me and move the controller - but the transmission from drone to phone is a nightmare with errors, signal looses, etc.

i tried 5,8 ghz, 2,4 etc. did all firmware updates and searched hours for solutions.. but its still a absolute nightmare because its impossible to trust the cam..

i found so many people with 2-4 km distances with full signal and no problems.. i can not even fly 5m without super weak transmission rates from drone to phone.

so i think its a batch 1 problem..

Has anyone experienced the same issues? And when i have DJI Care - is it a reason to send it back? because at the end the transmission is definitly after a few tests not working right.

Would be nice to get some feedback on it and maybe a n a solution. I am actually at Bali. And i planned a lot of great shots i cant make right now.
2019-12-11
Use props
fans6e6a8803
lvl.1
Indonesia

Another thing is - i am not able to connect my drone via DJI assistant - restarted like shown and did everything. my Macbook will not show the mini as connected. Also i cant see anything about my drone or my DJI Care in my profile.. it should be possible to see what i bought or am i blind?
2019-12-11
Use props
fans6e6a8803
lvl.1
Indonesia

- a screenshot from my profile - connected with the email i registered and bought the MM
2019-12-11
Use props
theturbulence
lvl.1
Indonesia

https://youtu.be/0zdwOZdk8uc
2019-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try putting your phone in airplane mode, some have noticed that this helps with interference.
2019-12-12
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

I'm a little confused.  The actual control of the drone etc is controller to drone.  The phone is not communicating with the drone via wifi.  This is an issue with the drone or the controller and sounds like a replacement is needed.
2019-12-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

theturbulence Posted at 12-11 22:32
https://youtu.be/0zdwOZdk8uc

lol, I subscribed to your channel.
2019-12-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, you can put your phone in airplane mode and still be able to fly your mini just fine. From the looks of your video, it does look like it's possible for there to be interference. I would at least check it in a remote location (somewhere where there's little to none chance of interference) if at all possible and see if the issue persists. If it does, I'd be on the horn to DJI about the issue.
2019-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules