Can I carry the Mavic in backpack?
1906 9 2019-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Filip Kyzek
lvl.3
Czechia

Hello! My new Mavic 2 Pro just arrived! I am a little bit worried about carrying the drone. Can I just put it into my backpack?

Thank you! Merry Christmas!
2019-12-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Personally I wouldn't carry it loose in a backpack,  I would use either the DJI sleeve (drawstring bag)  or something like this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-D ... Travel/264310156932
2019-12-12
Use props
Filip Kyzek
lvl.3
Czechia

DAFlys Posted at 12-12 07:10
Personally I wouldn't carry it loose in a backpack,  I would use either the DJI sleeve (drawstring bag)  or something like this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-DJI-Mavic-2-Pro-Zoom-Compact-Carbon-Fiber-Storage-Bag-Carrying-Case-Travel/264310156932

Okay! Yeah you are right. I would like if DJI would give to every Mavic case where you can carry it like in Phantom 4 for example. That would be nice!

Thank you sir!
2019-12-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Filip Kyzek Posted at 12-12 07:23
Okay! Yeah you are right. I would like if DJI would give to every Mavic case where you can carry it like in Phantom 4 for example. That would be nice!

Thank you sir!

The sleeve should be free with it.  Personally I use either a pelican case or the case from the fly more kit.
2019-12-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Yes, you can place your DJI Mavic 2 Pro on your backpack as long as the drone is secure and please make sure it will not jiggle during travel. You may also want to check the available bag and case for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro on our store website using the link below. Thank you for your continued support!

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... t-v2&position=5
https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... t-v2&position=4
2019-12-12
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi,

I use my camera backpack. Wrap the drone and controller in a soft pouch and put them in one of the compartments of my photo backpack. I use some straps to keep the blades of being damaged.
I've travelled several times by plane with my Mavic 2 as well with my former Mavic. No damage ever.
2019-12-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Absolutely not! Let your woman to carry the Mavic, but she must walk at least 2m behind ...
2019-12-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn't. Amazon has lots of carrying bags and cases for cheap. Many come
with the Anti-shock foam and are water resistant.
2019-12-12
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

I can and do, you should be able to also.
2019-12-12
Use props
Dazzer2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1207 ft
United Kingdom

I think there's only one way to cut out bright sunlight. I can't be alone in the drone frustration I have. In simple terms I take my drone on holiday/travelling and then want to take on a walk, car journey, etc. to whip out when the opportunity arrives. The basic problems are 1. Deploying the drone is a pain…Every method of carrying a drone means a frustrating  set up especially if  it's bright sunlight and I need a shade of some kind.  Even when I've got get good at unpacking, it can take 10 mins to set up and then 10 minutes to pack away.  In most of the places I go I want a quick 5-10 min video and be gone and so the 20 mins set up and pack away is fiddly, difficult (on the floor of a dirty track) and infuriating. 2. Bright sunlight is an absolute pain.  There are lots of  sunshades but frankly in bright sunlight they're next to useless not least because you need to be able to read the small text on the screen that might be saying something like "SD card full not recording".  Add to that they're difficult to carry around without damaging (in the drone backpack), fiddly to set up and easily broken. 3. Screen size is a problem.  It's all very  well using a small phone to view what the drone is filming but small screens mean even smaller text and again that can be a big problem  Sure I can use a tablet but that means lugging more weight, a much bigger more cumbersome sunshade, etc.    It's especially a problem for those of us who are long sighted and need glasses to read the close stuff.  It means juggling glasses on your head to see the screens and then moving to see the drone at longer range. 4. Transporting for plane travel, etc is difficult.   To take a drone on your travels/holidays means using up your onboard carry allowance with a dedicated drone bag.  There's no easy alternative to folding down the backpack (I need to carry the drone on a walk/bus, etc) into my carry-on. I can't be alone in these frustrations but despite looking through the forums I haven't seen anyone commenting on them as a whole. I have a solution though... it's taken me hours of trial and error, and I've had to refine skills in cardboard folding, sewing,  gluing and design.. but, for me, the result is awesome.   I'm absolutely thrilled with the (final) end result and am posting just in case others might benefit.  (NB this one is for Mavic Pro but principles apply to all drones and I've just finished a new and much improved version for Mini 3 Pro) I've made the first and only backpack, I know of, that easily, safely and securely carries the drone, controller, etc, is really quick to deploy, is a complete blackout sunshade, incorporates optics (glasses) and folds completely flat to pack in hand or hold luggage.   Consists of four parts...   1) Outer shell - ripstop nylon 2) Protective Frame - vinyl covered cardboard (possibly overkill?) 3) Carry Box / Backpack frame - cardboard frame 4) Sunshade - Cardboard box (usable without backpack or inside backpack) It's a bit difficult to explain in simple words and I've posted pictures to help Thoughts / comments?
2022-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules