Outdoor Evening Event shooting using auto settings
874 15 2019-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

This is Rochester's, Charles Dickens Christmas Festival.

Really this event is used to generate visitors to our small town during the Christmas period to shop and use the local restaurants of which there are many.
Local people dress up in period costume. These are enthusiasts, not paid perfromers. It's a peoples festival if you like. There are one or two paid street performers but not many.
Mainly it's just local folk.
This experience has been good for me finding the limits of the Osmo Pocket in failing light. Seeing how the grain increases along with the ISO values. Focusing in lower light was reasonably good as was the ability of the Osmo Pocket to reduce flare from lighting pointing directly at the camera and watching ISO values jump around where the shutter exposure times and ISO values were not locked down manually. It has taught me what to do in future to prevent some of the things you will see happening in this video. Unexpected problems from floor lighting pointing straight up for instance. Mainly recorded witout an external mic except for the candllelight parade and without the use of a phone made recording in a crowd a good experience as people didn't realise they were being recorded. as an alternative to street photography, I love the experience.

Ray.

2019-12-13
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Nice video.

I  have to say that I am rather impressed with the dynamic range of the little sucker!
2019-12-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done, thanks for sharing.
2019-12-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 12-13 03:15
Nice video.

I  have to say that I am rather impressed with the dynamic range of the little sucker!

Hi Curt.
I did shoot in D Cine-like but didn't grade it.
I did not use the 'Fine' setting when recording.
It's 'as is' out of the camera.
I may try to Neat Video it later on if I get the plugin to try to get rid of some of the noise but considering, I'm quite pleased with the results but really love that the Osmo Pocket still gets mainly ignored unless I draw attention to it.
Priceless!

Ray.
2019-12-13
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi ray.

Footage looks great. There's no way you should expect something so small to be so good. The Pocket is definitely the best of all the small cameras with regard pure picture quality.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-12-13
Use props
Ben Lambert
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm always impressed with this in low light, always use it on a night out! I do set the camera to manual once it gets really dark and set the ISO to 800,
2019-12-13
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Ray, how dare you, made a wondeful clip, Merry Christmas :-)
2019-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for sharing this amazing video you filmed using your DJI Osmo Pocket. Great work and Merry Christmas. .
2019-12-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

David_Harry Posted at 12-13 06:26
Hi ray.

Footage looks great. There's no way you should expect something so small to be so good. The Pocket is definitely the best of all the small cameras with regard pure picture quality.

Thanks David.
It's not the grain that bothered me, it's my own stupidity at letting stray light alter the ISO settings and shutter exposure times altering the brightness of scenes instead of keeping the exposure steady.
Not the Pockets fault but my fat fingers
2019-12-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Ben Lambert Posted at 12-13 06:37
I'm always impressed with this in low light, always use it on a night out! I do set the camera to manual once it gets really dark and set the ISO to 800,

Hi Ben.
What fps do you use?
I was hoping to get away with ISO 400 if I locked down the shutter exposure times because of the street lighting such as it was..

Ray.
2019-12-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Oh-no Posted at 12-13 06:54
Ray, how dare you, made a wondeful clip, Merry Christmas :-)

Hi Oh-no.
Thank you, and thanks for not wishing me a merry BrexMass
You have your own problems.
Good luck my friend.

Ray.
2019-12-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-13 03:20
Nicely done, thanks for sharing.

You're welcome.
2019-12-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-13 07:53
Hello and good day Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for sharing this amazing video you filmed using your DJI Osmo Pocket. Great work and Merry Christmas.  .

Hi Stephen.
Yes, we really are that weird
Wait for the one later in the week for real British eccentricity and thank you for the Seasons Greetings.  

Ray.

2019-12-13
Use props
Ben Lambert
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-13 09:32
Hi Ben.
What fps do you use?
I was hoping to get away with ISO 400 if I locked down the shutter exposure times because of the street lighting such as it was..

For a 400 ISO i'd use 25 FPS. I don't think 400 will be enough though. 800 is fine.
2019-12-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-13 09:38
Hi Stephen.
Yes, we really are that weird
Wait for the one later in the week for real British eccentricity and thank you for the Seasons Greetings.  

Thank you Ray. I can wait to see next video that you will be sharing. Thank you for your valued support and Merry Christmas. .
2019-12-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Ben Lambert Posted at 12-14 06:30
For a 400 ISO i'd use 25 FPS. I don't think 400 will be enough though. 800 is fine.

Thank you for your information. I will try those settings out.
2019-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules