1596 26 2019-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michele990
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17982 ft
  • >>>
Italy

My Review (in Italian) for the CHARGING BASE! Beautiful!!!  

2019-12-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I like the charging base, but it irks me that it doesn't come with a charger.
2019-12-13
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agree with DAFlys. It should come with a charging brick. Other than that, I like mine pretty good!!
2019-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Michele990. Thank you for sharing this video to us. Great find and thank you for your support. .
2019-12-13
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting design, thanks for posting !
2019-12-13
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I like mine, but I wish it had a way to make it brighter.  
2019-12-13
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 12-13 07:27
I like the charging base, but it irks me that it doesn't come with a charger.

I think the intention is to use the 18w charger that came with the Mini.
2019-12-13
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Great Review Michele!
2019-12-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i loved mine for about a day....the first day.  now it's just ok.  haven't really seen it in awhile, the excitement simply wore off.  reminds of the fact that pretty much all of the other accessories are still unavailable.
2019-12-13
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 12-13 12:35

You are correct. They do intend for you to use the charger that came in the mini fly more combo. But, a lot of folks didn't get the combo. So I believe it should have included a charging brick just for that purpose. Another reason probably sounds lazy (it is what it is, lol), but if it included a brick, then I wouldn't have to disconnect what I already have setup should I choose not to use the charging base or visa versa.
2019-12-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-13 13:18
You are correct. They do intend for you to use the charger that came in the mini fly more combo. But, a lot of folks didn't get the combo. So I believe it should have included a charging brick just for that purpose. Another reason probably sounds lazy (it is what it is, lol), but if it included a brick, then I wouldn't have to disconnect what I already have setup should I choose not to use the charging base or visa versa.

no brick means nothing having to ship a tons of extra weight, not having multiple skus for different countries, potential damage to the dome by a brick during shipping, and have you checked to see how much quicker the brick will charge the drone battery?

the brick is dji branded so i'm sure this would have driven up the price a bit since dji didn't think they would sell a lot of these.  they clearly won't sell that many domes as long as they continue to not make available on all mm accessories.  bricks would have to sent to the company so likely not including these would cut some of the delay.  instead of a year delay, maybe just 8 months.

also i bet the dome maker intends to use the dome for other products so there's that...
i wouldnt put it past dji to assume most people have some sort of brick and likely choose a computer or their own setup.
2019-12-13
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-13 15:59
no brick means nothing having to ship a tons of extra weight, not having multiple skus for different countries, potential damage to the dome by a brick during shipping, and have you checked to see how much quicker the brick will charge the drone battery?

the brick is dji branded so i'm sure this would have driven up the price a bit since dji didn't think they would sell a lot of these.  they clearly won't sell that many domes as long as they continue to not make available on all mm accessories.  bricks would have to sent to the company so likely not including these would cut some of the delay.  instead of a year delay, maybe just 8 months.

All valid points. But the charge base already includes a non-DJI usb cable, why not a non-DJI charge brick. I've seen a few online that have the same specs as the DJI MM charge brick.
2019-12-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-13 16:10
All valid points. But the charge base already includes a non-DJI usb cable, why not a non-DJI charge brick. I've seen a few online that have the same specs as the DJI MM charge brick.

my guess is if dji has a million dji branded bricks for combo kits, they wouldn't want to stock a 2nd sku for a non-branded brick just to go into the domes. but the branded brick is too nice for the dome kit.  maybe they should have gone with the cheapo non-branded all the way around but combo kit is too cool for that.  same with the google, branded brick, unbranded cheapo cable.

the mavic 2 smart controller hit has a dji branded brick and a dji branded cable.  it better be...at that price.

maybe dji owns a brick factory.
2019-12-13
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-13 19:48
my guess is if dji has a million dji branded bricks for combo kits, they wouldn't want to stock a 2nd sku for a non-branded brick just to go into the domes. but the branded brick is too nice for the dome kit.  maybe they should have gone with the cheapo non-branded all the way around but combo kit is too cool for that.  same with the google, branded brick, unbranded cheapo cable.

the mavic 2 smart controller hit has a dji branded brick and a dji branded cable.  it better be...at that price.

DJI wouldn't have to supply the bricks. Telesin could make their own. I have seen other branded bricks just like the one from DJI combo kit with the same exact specs so I know it could be done. Telesin made the charge base, they could also make the brick. It would be hard to make the current rendition of the charge base without re-puposing it, it is molded for the MM to fit into it.

I do like the magnetic tip thats designed to stay in the mini itself though. I did find it a little troublesome to remove what with fat fingers and short finger nails and all.
2019-12-14
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Spark brick works quite well.  
2019-12-14
Use props
Tony Faz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2379 ft
United States

2019-12-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nice, love the eagle decal too!!
2019-12-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-14 07:14
DJI wouldn't have to supply the bricks. Telesin could make their own. I have seen other branded bricks just like the one from DJI combo kit with the same exact specs so I know it could be done. Telesin made the charge base, they could also make the brick. It would be hard to make the current rendition of the charge base without re-puposing it, it is molded for the MM to fit into it.

I do like the magnetic tip thats designed to stay in the mini itself though. I did find it a little troublesome to remove what with fat fingers and short finger nails and all.

do you leave the magnetic tip in the mini when you fly?
2019-12-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

No I don’t. At least not at this point anyway. The fiancé decided she wanted to wrap it as a gift for Christmas!!! Rolf!!!
2019-12-14
Use props
Funn 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168999 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the Charge brick that i got for my base...https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pla ... 026.p?skuId=5713026
2019-12-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Visual Air Posted at 12-13 12:35

But only if you bought the combo pack.
2019-12-16
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 12-16 02:46
But only if you bought the combo pack.

Really I didn’t know that. So the regular MM package does not come with the 18w charger! Glad I got the combo package.
2019-12-17
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 12-17 11:28
Really I didn’t know that. So the regular MM package does not come with the 18w charger! Glad I got the combo package.

Yeah, that's part of the reason I feel the charging base should include a charging brick.
2019-12-17
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Funn 1 Posted at 12-14 11:45
This is the Charge brick that i got for my base...https://www.bestbuy.com/site/platinum-quick-charge-wall-charger-black/5713026.p?skuId=5713026

That is a great find Funn 1. Now to find longer USB cables like the ones included with the mini. They seem to be quite thick and built for the 12v quick charging purpose.
2019-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Visual Air Posted at 12-17 11:28

Yep,  they are cost cutting by not including them it seems.
2019-12-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 12-17 11:32
Yeah, that's part of the reason I feel the charging base should include a charging brick.

I totally agree,  without the brick it should be called a display case.
2019-12-18
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

My  display case and a new battery arrived today. Nice addition to my counter top. Charging a new battery just now. Ring light throbs while charging, and solid when charged or displayed. While charging I use the brick that came with my combo and when displayed I plug it into a USB outlet. Not a necessary accessory, but I like it.
2019-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules