P4Pv2 Losing RC/image at 150ft consistently
674 8 2019-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2010705 ft
United States

My drone is a brand new (replacement by DJI) P4Pv2. I've only had it a couple of days and haven't been able to get it to stay connected at more than 150ft (same issue I was having when I sent off the old one). I updated all the firmware for the drone and remote using the newest version of the DJI Assistant. I updated my iPad and the Go4 app. I am flying the drone out in the middle of nowhere and the image transmission graph shows all to be clear. All limits are set to max. Any help would be very helpful. I just had to pay big bucks for this replacement so I'm getting frustrated.
2019-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to fly in a different location to see if the problem persists? Also, can you please send us a screenshot or take a short video showing the error message in the app for us to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-12-13
Use props
lvl.2
United States

I tried flying somewhere else with the resulting screenshots:

I sent in my remote with the drone, but I'm not sure if they replaced the remote.
IMG_0100.PNG
IMG_0099.PNG
2019-12-13
Use props
lvl.2
United States

I bought a new Apple Certified wire to use between my iPad and remote and it didn't resolve my issue. I just paid over a thousand dollars to get this new unit. I need help resolving this issue.

Thank you
2019-12-17
Use props
lvl.2
United States

SOLUTION: For anyone having the same issue of losing signal within 150'

After browsing through my setting trying to resolve my issue I decided to switch from DUAL band to just 2.4ghz. That didn't solve my problem, so I tried 5.8Ghz and it didn't lose RC, but it lost image pretty quick. I flew back just enough to regain video feed, then switched back to DUAL band and everything started working (for now). I get full range with video/RC. There must have been a bug in the software not allowing the bands to switch. Maybe DJI can look into the issue...
2019-12-17
Use props
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE: I'm able to fly full range without disconnecting, I have to start flying the P4P, switch to 5.8GHZ, fly a short distance, then switch back to DUAL mode. I have to to do it every time the quadrotor is switched off and back on. It has to be  a firmware bug.
2019-12-17
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Good luck Avatari,  I sure hope you get it sorted soon and effectively.
I wish I could offer help,  but it's above my paygrade

2019-12-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sometimes ya have to do whatever works.  Funky things happen with all of us.
2019-12-19
Use props
lvl.2
United States

Still having the same issue after a couple firmware updates. I can only get any distance in 5.8 mode. 2.4 and dual are not working very far.

1) What is the functional distance of the 5.8 channel?
2) In DUAL Mode does the channel automatically switch to 2.4 at this distance?
3) Is it possible for the 5.8 and 2.4 wires to be swapped?

I suspect the latter might be my issue.
2020-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules