Problem charging Mavic Air controller
1073 4 2019-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

It's been a year since I've flown my Air, so I dusted off the controller, plugged it in to charge, and here's what happened:
  • All four white lines flash on for a few seconds
  • Then the four lights light up in sequence for a few times, anywhere from 3-29 times
  • Then all lights turn off
After leaving it plugged in for an hour, it does not seem to be charging.

I'm using the Mavic air microUSB converter to connect to a USB cable that works to charge other devices. The cable seems to fit securely. It worked the last time I charged it.

Any tips about what I might do to troubleshoot this problem? Do I need a new controller? Will a new controller work with my Mavic Air that I purchased a few years back when it first came out?
2019-12-13
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Make sure that the charger "block" or "brink" has enough current to charge.
Using something with less current may not even trip the charging circuit, or
just not enough current, may take a lot longer...
2019-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Danger Lampost. I am sorry for the trouble and I am sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to check if there's physical damage to the DJI Mavic Air remote controller? Have you tried to use a different cable to charge the said remote controller? Have you tried charging the said remote controller for a longer period of time to see if the issue will still persist? In addition can you please send us a short video clip showing the said problem for us to further isolate this issue. Thank you.
2019-12-13
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-13 13:06
Hello and good day Danger Lampost. I am sorry for the trouble and I am sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to check if there's physical damage to the DJI Mavic Air remote controller? Have you tried to use a different cable to charge the said remote controller? Have you tried charging the said remote controller for a longer period of time to see if the issue will still persist? In addition can you please send us a short video clip showing the said problem for us to further isolate this issue. Thank you.

Thanks for the tips. Yes, I've tried different cables. Here is a close up of the controller port:

Here's a video of the behavior when plugging the big end of the cable into the DJI USB slot. The lights turn out after a few seconds.

Is the connector damaged? Is that possible to repair (seems like a simple part)? Is it possible to purchase just a controller somewhere?

2019-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Danger Lampost Posted at 12-13 14:04
Thanks for the tips. Yes, I've tried different cables. Here is a close up of the controller port:

[view_image]

Thank you for the quick reply and for providing this photo and video. Upon checking the video you have provided. I would recommend you to contact our DJI Support Team for further assistance with regards to this issue that we are facing with your DJI Mavic Air remote controller at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. In addition I am sorry to say that the said remote controller is not available for purchase on our official DJI online store. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.
2019-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules