809 3 2019-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KiWiMark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187 ft
United States

Hi All,

Just unpacked my Air and dusted it off after it had been sitting in a container for 6 months (just moved countries) only to find 3 out of the 4 battery’s will not charge.

On the charging station I see the light alternating between green and red, no lights on the battery.

Reading through the forums I see comments about issues with the batteries if they are fully discharged, does this mean I am going to have to falk out for 3 new battery’s?

Not a happy camper if I do.

Any help really appreciated as I am heading to NZ this Thursday.

M

2019-12-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Unfortunately it seems like you neglected them and they died peacefully in sleep. LiPo batteries need to be stored properly end exercised periodically when not in use for several months ...
2019-12-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day KiWiMark. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air's Intelligent Flight Batteries. It seems that the said batteries were not properly stored that is why you are experiencing this issue. If the battery is idle for a long time, its performance will be affected. In order to maintain the activity of smart battery, it is recommended to recharge and discharge the battery every three months or so. When the battery is in use, be careful not to store the battery for a long time after it has been completely discharged to prevent the battery from entering the over-discharge state, which may cause damage to the battery and as a result the battery is no longer usable. In addition I will post a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... idelines%20v1.0.pdf ). Thank you.
2019-12-14
Use props
ernie_e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299380 ft
United States

Too late now but the Mavic Mini Charging Hub can be used as a power bank. That might keep the batteries working.
2019-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules