Mavic Mini under heavy rain and strong winds
16903 11 2019-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skywrath
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125351 ft
Philippines

It is my second day today flying with Mavic Mini and I this tiny little monster has been caught by the strong winds and rain.

Sorry for the narrative video, as a newbie, I find this drone really amazing! I lost connection from the drone, got a system failure plus the weather! I didn't expect that this can fly back home at that moment!

2019-12-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Skywrath. Thank you for sharing your previous flight experience with your DJI Mavic Mini and for sharing this video with us. It is great to know that your DJI Mavic Mini is safe and sound. By the way the scenery from above looks stunning. Please stay safe always and keep on flying. .
2019-12-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

How is she doing?
2019-12-15
Use props
Skywrath
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-14 09:46
Hello and good day Skywrath. Thank you for sharing your previous flight experience with your DJI Mavic Mini and for sharing this video with us. It is great to know that your DJI Mavic Mini is safe and sound. By the way the scenery from above looks stunning. Please stay safe always and keep on flying.  .

Thanks Mod! Will upload more content about this lil thing! LOL
2019-12-16
Use props
Skywrath
lvl.1
United States

Mini is still fine! I don't find any water splash inside the drone or even on the wires and rotors. The only wet part is the cover and the camera. Even the camera is wet, it doesn't fog as bad as my camera! LOL
2019-12-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Skywrath Posted at 12-16 02:06
Mini is still fine! I don't find any water splash inside the drone or even on the wires and rotors. The only wet part is the cover and the camera. Even the camera is wet, it doesn't fog as bad as my camera! LOL

Nice to hear!
2019-12-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Happy to see you got the mini back in one piece.
2019-12-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Skywrath Posted at 12-16 02:03
Thanks Mod!  Will upload more content about this lil thing! LOL

You are very much welcome Skywrath. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2019-12-16
Use props
Andy in NH
lvl.1
United States

Congratulations on your safe landing.  As a former glider pilot who also has some hot air balloon time, I see a lot of parallels.  Always be mindful of the weather and keep a landing site in view.  Sometimes it is better to walk and recover than to risk your machine.
2019-12-17
Use props
Skywrath
lvl.1
United States

Andy in NH Posted at 12-17 13:34
Congratulations on your safe landing.  As a former glider pilot who also has some hot air balloon time, I see a lot of parallels.  Always be mindful of the weather and keep a landing site in view.  Sometimes it is better to walk and recover than to risk your machine.

Thanks for the tip mate! I don't really expect rain on that time since I take off with a bright sunny day

I got my lesson now to check the weather if it is safe to fly even the sky is clear! Haha
2019-12-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad you got it back - cool vid
2020-8-2
Use props
djiuser_VbVjggumnGCH
New

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-12-14 09:46
Hello and good day Skywrath. Thank you for sharing your previous flight experience with your DJI Mavic Mini and for sharing this video with us. It is great to know that your DJI Mavic Mini is safe and sound. By the way the scenery from above looks stunning. Please stay safe always and keep on flying.  .

So awesome to see. Happy mini returns home.
Best wishes
2021-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules