new to Osmo action
880 8 2019-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D-Rosin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76135 ft
United States

just ordered, last night can this go under water with no case?

And whats a good case? for hard case?
2019-12-14
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

The Action can go underwater just the way it comes.  But there is a depth limitation without a special case.  I don't recall the numbers at this time.  

The battery needs to be properly inserted and locked and the sd-card/usb door must be properly closed and the front lens "filter" must be properly tightened.  Actually the front filter is sometimes so tight from the factory that folks have trouble unscrewing it but one guy claims his leaked.  

Welcome to the club.  
2019-12-14
Use props
D-Rosin
lvl.4
United States

ff22 Posted at 12-14 07:23
The Action can go underwater just the way it comes.  But there is a depth limitation without a special case.  I don't recall the numbers at this time.  

The battery needs to be properly inserted and locked and the sd-card/usb door must be properly closed and the front lens "filter" must be properly tightened.  Actually the front filter is sometimes so tight from the factory that folks have trouble unscrewing it but one guy claims his leaked.  

thanks man, i have had my eye on this camera for some times now.
soon my lil badge will be down there.
2019-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're glad that you already receive your DJI Osmo Action. The DJI Osmo Action can be underwater 11m without a waterproof case. If you have a waterproof case, it can go 60m. Also, Osmo Action waterproof in both freshwater and seawater. In addition, hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members in the Forum. Thank you for your support!
2019-12-14
Use props
D-Rosin
lvl.4
United States

What the best protective case for these?
As in not to get scratched and etcetera and damage?
Really got no feedback on the two links and I post it.
2019-12-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

you must make sure the Lens is  tightened, and  the  doors closed, 11 meters 33 feet they claim to be 1 meter more then gopro. but never will it be exact.
2019-12-14
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

D-Rosin Posted at 12-14 10:57
What the best protective case for these?
As in not to get scratched and etcetera and damage?
Really got no feedback on the two links and I post it.

I got some case with a kit if purchased for about $15.  It came with all kinds of accessories and clips.  The case is one of those kind of woven stiff nylon cases (like a screen door but nylon) that had foam cutouts.  I actually only used it on my recent trip to china when packing for flights and a river cruise.  Otherwise when I"ve been hiking, I hang it around my neck in one of those microfiber bags - kind of an oversized microfiber eyeglass sack.  I did add front and back screen protectors.  I also purchased a rubber lens protectors and invariably I start shooting and can't figure out why the image is black - yes, forgot to remove the darn lens cap yet again!

2019-12-14
Use props
ebswift
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10299 ft
Australia

I got a pgytech rubberised case that I'm happy with.  I normally have a tiny gopro tripod attached to the camera which is good for handheld shots, and to stand it up for timelapse shoots etc., the zip on the case stops leaving a hole where the tripod can poke out of so I don't need to remove the tripod to keep it in the case.  If you're playing in the water, get a floating handgrip, I actually found a bright orange cheapo "Navig8r" brand one in my local department store and it floats the OA just fine.
2019-12-15
Use props
D-Rosin
lvl.4
United States

So I got my camera today, I got 30 days from today to add DJI care refresh just want to double-check on that?
2019-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules