XT2 selection in PILOT for missions
4241 9 2019-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manes F
lvl.2
Spain

Dear All,

First of all, excuse me if I am doing a silly question.
I am working on a project for automatic geo-referencing of hot spots in solar farms. I have completely configured a M210-RTK-V2 with Z30 and XT, we have made all sort of tests in manual flight, everything goes perfect but now we have found a problem.

We need to flight different types of pre-programmed missions: grid missions to obtain an orthomosaic of the plant and waypoint missions. When trying to select the camera type in the menu only the following options are available:

Phantom IV
Phantom 4 Pro
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Phantom 4 Advanced
X7 (24 mm)
X7 (35 mm)
Mavic 2 Enterprise Zoom
Custom camera

No option for XT2 or Z30 exist

It is true that it seems to be possible to define my own custom camera, name it XT2 or whatever I want. However, the problem is the following: if I do things this way and I want to use XT2 it is obviously impossible to assign data from two sources. I mean if I define the camera using the specs of the RGB camera of XT2 I understand it will not work properly for the thermal and vice-versa. Moreover, size of the thermal sensor is unknow. I think I calculate it from the FOV lens and resolution, but nevertheless I still go on without knowing or even understanding why the only compatible cameras with M210-RTK V2 do not appear in the menu.

By the way, I have to transmitters and two Cristalsky. Is it me or the táctil LCD when running all the software becomes slow and really annoying and one has to press with his/her fingers a dozen times to define areas and so on 8-).

I would be very grateful if you were so kind as to give me any suggestions.
Best regards and Happy XMas from the north of Spain!
Manés

2019-12-14
Use props
HE-LLC
lvl.1
United States

Good questions. I also run M210 with XT2. I would like some more info also.
2019-12-16
Use props
Manes F
lvl.2
Spain

HE-LLC Posted at 12-16 08:25
Good questions. I also run M210 with XT2. I would like some more info also.

I found a solution,

Just define the camera as a custom camera using its data: sensor size, focal length, resolution an son on. for the Thermal part you can use the sensor size you obtain making times the 17micron pixel size by the number of pixels. I have now to custom cameras: XTRGB and XTIR. I goes perfect.

Best regards.
Manés
2019-12-27
Use props
cerejo
New

Brazil

Manes F Posted at 2019-12-27 08:53
I found a solution,

Just define the camera as a custom camera using its data: sensor size, focal length, resolution an son on. for the Thermal part you can use the sensor size you obtain making times the 17micron pixel size by the number of pixels. I have now to custom cameras: XTRGB and XTIR. I goes perfect.

Can you share the values for the XT2?

I have one XT2 640 30Hz 13mm
2020-3-24
Use props
Manes F
lvl.2
Spain

cerejo Posted at 3-24 18:01
Can you share the values for the XT2?

I have one XT2 640 30Hz 13mm

Sure,

Below you can find a link to an Excel file with all the data. You only need to input your focal length. With this spreadsheet you get GSD and some additional information. It has been checked and It goes perfect. We are right now with the algorithm of automatic fault detection, but working at home.
Be careful with COVID-19!
Best regards.
P.S. If you have any doubt just email me: manes@uniovi.es

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yms6z ... cUBhG7zuR0Sn4a?dl=0
2020-3-25
Use props
Manes F
lvl.2
Spain

Manes F Posted at 2019-12-27 08:53
I found a solution,

Just define the camera as a custom camera using its data: sensor size, focal length, resolution an son on. for the Thermal part you can use the sensor size you obtain making times the 17micron pixel size by the number of pixels. I have now to custom cameras: XTRGB and XTIR. I goes perfect.

Sorry, remember we use , for decimals instead of dot .
2020-3-25
Use props
ImageCatcher
lvl.1

Guam

Manes F Posted at 3-25 00:37
Sorry, remember we use , for decimals instead of dot .

I fly a Matrice 210 with an XT2 camera and encountered the same problem at the beginning.  We found that we could use an iPad instead of the Crystal Sky and download DJI GSPro and DJI XT Pro apps to do automated flight missions with the IR camera without a problem.   BUT  one problem we still have, is how to set external parameters in the DJI XT Pro app.  External parameters such as humidity, surrounding temperature, and emissivity are critical to our mapping.  If I were able to use the Crystal Sky, I could set these without a problem.   
2020-6-14
Use props
Manes F
lvl.2
Spain

Thank you so much for your answer. We solved the problem some time ago. If you want, just email me and I will send you the complete definition of XT2 as well as a spreadsheet to calculate GSD and to define all custom cameras of all DJI Drones that do not appear in DJI-Pilot. We are flying with DJI-PILOT and it goes perfect. Best regards (email manes@uniovi.es)
2020-6-15
Use props
fans98622823
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1078245 ft
Turkey

Manes F Posted at 6-15 01:50
Thank you so much for your answer. We solved the problem some time ago. If you want, just email me and I will send you the complete definition of XT2 as well as a spreadsheet to calculate GSD and to define all custom cameras of all DJI Drones that do not appear in DJI-Pilot. We are flying with DJI-PILOT and it goes perfect. Best regards (email )

I wroe e-mail to you. Please send me. (hasan.unal@may.com.tr)
2020-6-27
Use props
djiuser_Fq6uDt9UXfAy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197 ft
Australia

Manes F Posted at 6-15 01:50
Thank you so much for your answer. We solved the problem some time ago. If you want, just email me and I will send you the complete definition of XT2 as well as a spreadsheet to calculate GSD and to define all custom cameras of all DJI Drones that do not appear in DJI-Pilot. We are flying with DJI-PILOT and it goes perfect. Best regards (email )

Hi Manes
Hope all is well.
I ve sent an email to manes@uniovi.es
Just wandering if you could share with me, the information to set up my XT2 camera in DJI Pilot so i can use it in my M300RTK. Thank you.
2020-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules