Download Speed
6101 7 2019-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

Transferring files from the SD in the drone to the controller device (iphone etc) is showing 2-3MB/S which is very slow.  Any way to increase that?  I've been pulling the SD card out and transferring it physically with an adapter to the iphone, Is that the speed the WIFI mini is limited to?   
2019-12-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Haven't tried only direct from  SD to computer, since many users stated that was by far the fastest method, some other users may have more info.
2019-12-14
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Same here.  In fact, I haven't transferred any of the video files to my phone at all.

I just pop out the micro SD card, and stick it into the micro to SD adapter, and put that into the SD port on whichever PC I'm going to use to view or edit the videos.

That's what I've always done with digital cameras.  Even if they have a wired interface.  These files are huge, so transferring them over the air will likely always be agonizingly slow compared to directly connecting the Micro SD card.

I think the OP is doing it the right way.

Unless you've got a very short video, or have a lot of time to kill, directly reading the card will always be my method of choice.

2019-12-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AE1M. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I would suggest to remove the SD card on the DJI Mavic Mini and insert it directly to the mobile device you are using using a Card Reader for a faster transfer of files. In addition I will be posting a DJI Forum post on the Best Way To Transfer Videos To You Phone Or Tablet. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=202002
2019-12-14
Use props
djiuser_mUBVQ9oBvHrW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 691122 ft
Canada

Get fast SD card reader and connenct to USB 3 it will be super fast
2019-12-14
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-14 11:46
Hello and good day AE1M. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I would suggest to remove the SD card on the DJI Mavic Mini and insert it directly to the mobile device you are using using a Card Reader for a faster transfer of files. In addition I will be posting a DJI Forum post on the Best Way To Transfer Videos To You Phone Or Tablet. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=202002

This is a good video but I do have one issue.  I purchased an SD reader to lightning port connector on Amazon.  If I try to import into PHOTOS on the iPad (most recent OS), the thumbnails are empty squares with no information.  If I use the FILES app on the iPad, the thumbnails and file names are shown.  I can “SAVE VIDEO” using the FILES app also.  

Wonder why the thumbnails are not visible on the PHOTO—IMPORT method.  Clearly not a DJI issue, but the thumbnails WERE visible on the PHOTOS app in the video.

Anyone have a comment?
2019-12-14
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

you just turn on you drone, you take the usb cable you use to recharge it, you connect the drone to one of your pc usb ports and yoo're done: the drone is recognised as new external storage device and you can copy/transfer all the video/photo files at usb2 speed. No need to extract the sd card each time.
2019-12-15
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177697 ft
United Kingdom

AE1M Posted at 12-14 14:29
This is a good video but I do have one issue.  I purchased an SD reader to lightning port connector on Amazon.  If I try to import into PHOTOS on the iPad (most recent OS), the thumbnails are empty squares with no information.  If I use the FILES app on the iPad, the thumbnails and file names are shown.  I can “SAVE VIDEO” using the FILES app also.  

Wonder why the thumbnails are not visible on the PHOTO—IMPORT method.  Clearly not a DJI issue, but the thumbnails WERE visible on the PHOTOS app in the video.

Does restarting iPad helps? or maybe importing the photos via iTunes?
2019-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules