Litchi on Smart Controller
5239 21 2019-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I am think of purchasing the Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. I just need confirmation of one point, that is whether Litchi works OK on the Smart Controller? TIA.
2019-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. You can download a 3rd party application through the DJI Smart Controller. However, we highly recommend using the DJI Go 4 application to avoid any issue. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-12-14
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, go to the following link for details straight from Litchi themselves on how to do it.

https://flylitchi.com/dji-monitors
2019-12-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 12-14 17:22
Yep, go to the following link for details straight from Litchi themselves on how to do it.

Thank you. Your help is much appreciated.
2019-12-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It works great on SC and M2. You will love both of these .
2019-12-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 12-14 18:03
It works great on SC and M2. You will love both of these .

Thank you for that. Coming from a forum veteran, that is good to hear. I really wanted the P4PV2, but it does not look like they will be returning. So I took the plunge and ordered it just a few minutes ago.
2019-12-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Geebax Posted at 12-14 19:08
Thank you for that. Coming from a forum veteran, that is good to hear. I really wanted the P4PV2, but it does not look like they will be returning. So I took the plunge and ordered it just a few minutes ago.

Good for you, your going to have a ball with both of them .
2019-12-14
Use props
capthook
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238871 ft
United States

Litchi is available from Google Play or Amazon App store.
I installed the Amazon App version as it is much easier than going through the Google Play install routine that remains unstable as far as I know.(google play crashes etc)
And I just got a notification last week on an update for Litchi from the Amazon App store - which is nice.
Installed update no problem.
edit FYI: Google play version can apparently switch to using google maps if wanted.
Amazon App remains on mapbox, as google maps requires google play
2019-12-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

capthook Posted at 12-18 15:04
I installed the Amazon App version as it is much easier than going through the Google Play install routine that remains unstable as far as I know.(google play crashes etc)
And I just got a notification last week on an update for Litchi from the Amazon App store - which is nice.

Thank you, good to know.
2019-12-18
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

capthook Posted at 12-18 15:04
And I just got a notification last week on an update for Litchi from the Amazon App store - which is nice.

Google Play does not crash.  I went the google route as I didn't want to pay twice.  It works well.
2019-12-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mr Sepo Posted at 12-19 17:05
Google Play does not crash.  I went the google route as I didn't want to pay twice.  It works well.

Thank you.
2019-12-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Is the Smart Controller supposed to fit in the carry bag that comes with the Fly More Kit?  I tried putting it in with a hammer, but it would not fit
2019-12-20
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 12-20 14:32
Is the Smart Controller supposed to fit in the carry bag that comes with the Fly More Kit?  I tried putting it in with a hammer, but it would not fit

I did fit the Smart Controller into the flymore bag.  I even had the pgytech screen/lever protector on it.  As I recall, I had it to the right with the drone to the left.  I even had three batteries and extra props inside.  I loaded that bag into an Osprey daypack.
2019-12-20
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 16:14
Hi, thank you for reaching out. You can download a 3rd party application through the DJI Smart Controller. However, we highly recommend using the DJI Go 4 application to avoid any issue. Thank you for your understanding and support!

There is nothing "magic" about the DJI Go 4 application and its use does not guarantee that there will be "no issues". It is rare for me that any particular Mavic-flying session doesn't come with at least a couple of crashes of the DJI Go 4 app on my Smart Controller. I still use Go 4  when I want or need the intelligent flight modes, but the lack of waypoint flying on DJI Go 4 severely limits its usefulness for me. I'm new to the Android version, and especially the lame version of Android that is installed on the Smart Controller, but I've been using Litchi for several years on iOS and my P4, and Litchi has been a very reliable program over all that time.
2019-12-22
Use props
fansc5688251
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone else get an error when trying to open the Google Play Store on the smart controller? I'm getting the error code df-dferh-01 and it will not allow me to open the app at all. I've tried clearing my data/cache and connecting to a different WIFI source.
2020-1-2
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

fansc5688251 Posted at 1-2 12:56
Does anyone else get an error when trying to open the Google Play Store on the smart controller? I'm getting the error code df-dferh-01 and it will not allow me to open the app at all. I've tried clearing my data/cache and connecting to a different WIFI source.

I just tried and it worked.  I looked up and app but did not follow through on downloading it.

How did you load the Playstore?
2020-1-2
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does anyone else get an error when trying to open the Google Play Store on the smart controller? I'm getting the error code df-dferh-01 and it will not allow me to open the app at all. I've tried clearing my data/cache and connecting to a different WIFI source.

The play store doesn't actually open on the SC if you use the Litchi install instructions, along with google play services it is used to support the running of google maps for Litchi.
This is also the reason why Litchi use the Amazon app store to install Litchi as it takes more to install the playstore completely.

You could try this process to install the full playstore, but it's not verified and could cause some problems.
https://www.certifiedaerials.com ... ji-smart-controller

What apps were you looking to install from the google play store , some of these can be sideloaded through their .apk files without installing the playstore  ?
Those that require licensing credentials to be confirmed by the playstore may not work, these are usually the paid apps

2020-1-3
Use props
fansa91be0a1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26604 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2019-12-14 17:22
Yep, go to the following link for details straight from Litchi themselves on how to do it.

I already have Litchi on my iPad. Is there any way to get it onto my new DJI Smart Controller without having to re-purchase the app?
2020-4-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa91be0a1 Posted at 4-3 09:09
I already have Litchi on my iPad. Is there any way to get it onto my new DJI Smart Controller without having to re-purchase the app?

Not that I’m aware of, but you could try reaching out to Litchi’s customer service to see what they say.
2020-4-4
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Does anyone else get an error when trying to open the Google Play Store on the smart controller? I'm getting the error code df-dferh-01 and it will not allow me to open the app at all. I've tried clearing my data/cache and connecting to a different WIFI source.

Yes, I did too.
After having it on my SC I wasn't able to install a newer version of DJI Go4 app.
It was solved by doing a factory reset of the SC and reinstall everything again (Litchi, Google store).
2020-4-4
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

fansa91be0a1 Posted at 4-3 09:09
I already have Litchi on my iPad. Is there any way to get it onto my new DJI Smart Controller without having to re-purchase the app?

It is possible, but you need to register your device on your google account. Everything you bought under your account can be installed on your registered devices.
The problem is that the SC is a non certified device.

You will need to use a littlle app called Device Id to get some identification.
The article below explains how to register a non certified device to the google play store.

https://www.androidsage.com/2018 ... rror-on-play-store/
2020-4-4
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 2020-4-4 02:53
It is possible, but you need to register your device on your google account. Everything you bought under your account can be installed on your registered devices.
The problem is that the SC is a non certified device.

Except Google Play is not on the iPad...
2021-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules