Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crashed my Mavic Pro Platinum
739 7 2019-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WGL2Y4K
Australia

Hi Guys

Crashed my Mavic Pro Platinum today.

See my flight log.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/OEM6K7URJPGVJXFI4M3A

Drone is 3 days old.

Warranty?

Regards
John
2019-12-15
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi John,

Did it hit anything at the end of your flight?

Your MP went down spinning, motors blocked.

Edit

Just before the impact the vision height indicated twice some height ; 5 and 7 meters.
Flying with full right roll, obstacle was sensed.
After this is crashed into trees i guess.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2019-12-15
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Looks like you were flying straight into the side of a mountain. Wondering if you hit a tree or other obstacle. Where the log starts recording errors, you're basically free falling to the ground.
2019-12-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day John. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro Platinum. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to check the said drone and to assist you further with regards to this issue.  We have the team who would do their best to check, fix and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2019-12-15
Use props
djiuser_WGL2Y4K
Australia

Hi JJB
Thank you for your analysis.

I was setting up a way point mission at a height of 50m when it dropped out of the sky.

It was flying up a incline (No Mountains around Paul, thank you for your comment) at 50 m well above any trees.

Then every thing went hay wire and I lost control it dropped altitude, like you say must of hit a tree and then hit the ground.

Thank you DJI Stephen, for your timely response from DJI, good to know you guys are watching.

I will send it back to DJI for I hope a warranty repair.

Regards

John
2019-12-15
Use props
djiuser_WGL2Y4K
Australia

djiuser_WGL2Y4K Posted at 2019-12-15 14:25
Hi JJB
Thank you for your analysis.

Hi Guys

An Update

DJI found that there was a barometer error and a RC left stick issue.

It was held to be a warranty issue and was fixed by DJI at no cost to me.

I received a replacement drone (refurbished) a new battery and a new radio controller.

Thank you DJI.

Regards

John

2020-1-15
Use props
djiuser_WGL2Y4K
Australia

Hi Guys

An Update

DJI found that there was a barometer error and a RC left stick issue.

It was held to be a warranty issue and was fixed by DJI at no cost to me.

I received a replacement drone (refurbished) a new battery and a new radio controller.

Thank you DJI.

Regards

John

2020-1-15
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That's rich from DJI

Given the drone was only 3 days old they should have given you a brand new one.

I'd take them to consumer affairs, legal return in Australia is governed by consumer and competition law

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumer ... pair-replace-refund

The DJI Moderators on the forum, should act to arrange a brand new unit for you, that's the least they can do for supplying a unit they themselves have admitted is faulty.

I would claim compensation from DJI for breaching the Australian Competition and Consumer Comission's "consumer guarrantee" in supplying you a refurbished unit.
DJI should be wary of these claims being published and officially gazetted as they will be permanent record.

This is always the type of poor customer service DJI has always been up to and we let them get away with it each time.
DJI have become renowned for their total lack of customer service and they do nothing to improve it by behaving in this way.

This is not some $100 dollar toy drone we are talking about,  it costs $2200 and you deserve better treatment than DJI supplying a REFURBISHED unit.

2020-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules