Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any Mavic Mini CE range test in Romania ?
1400 11 2019-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zinko
lvl.1

Romania

Hello,I am new here and as the title says, i would like to know if anyone have tested the range of Mavic Mini CE version in Romania so far .
I would love to purchase one but looking online and reading the forums, it looks like i cannot get more than 200m out of it in a city enviroment wich is a really big downside for me.

Thanks !
2019-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members here. Thank you for your support!
2019-12-15
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

In the suburbs - 2.4GHz up to 900-1000m, 5.8GHz 300-500m, spoofed FCC mode - 5.8GHz ~1300-1500m
I don't know how do these translate to urban areas, since it's not allowed here anyway, and i can't imagine how would I maintain LOS (not even VLOS) in the city - which plays great role in the terms of max distance.
2019-12-15
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

There is a romanian facebook group for DJI drones (https://www.facebook.com/groups/djiromaniaofficial/), many people there have Minis and can advise you. I could give you my range numbers I get in Romania but they might not be that relevant since I have the FCC version of the Mini.
2019-12-16
Use props
Zinko
lvl.1

Romania

Ice_2k Posted at 12-16 01:00
There is a romanian facebook group for DJI drones (https://www.facebook.com/groups/djiromaniaofficial/), many people there have Minis and can advise you. I could give you my range numbers I get in Romania but they might not be that relevant since I have the FCC version of the Mini.

That is perfect Ice_2k !
I could get the FCC version aswell, what are your numbers for the FCC version in a city/country side !
Thanks in advance
2019-12-16
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

Zinko Posted at 12-16 08:25
That is perfect Ice_2k !
I could get the FCC version aswell, what are your numbers for the FCC version in a city/country side !
Thanks in advance

In a semi-urban area (lots of houses and a few tall apartment buildings) I’m getting 6-700m in CE mode and ~1500-1700m in FCC mode. I went over a lake (Lacul Morii if you’re from Bucharest) and I was quite easily getting over 2km but I had to turn back because some birds were getting teritorial with the Mini.
2019-12-16
Use props
Zinko
lvl.1

Romania

Ice_2k Posted at 12-16 09:31
In a semi-urban area (lots of houses and a few tall apartment buildings) I’m getting 6-700m in CE mode and ~1500-1700m in FCC mode. I went over a lake (Lacul Morii if you’re from Bucharest) and I was quite easily getting over 2km but I had to turn back because some birds were getting teritorial with the Mini.

Birds getting territorial, thats pretty funny
Thats a more than great range, how do you swich from CE to FCC ? or from FCC to CE ? (considering you have the US mavic build)
Do I need a fake gps or something similar ?

2019-12-16
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

Something similar I don't think we're allowed to discuss that in public, you can just PM me.
2019-12-16
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

The fact that it is possible seems to be tolerated here, but yeah - we probably should not directly discuss "how to" on official forums.
2019-12-16
Use props
Zinko
lvl.1

Romania

Got my answers, thanks everyone !
2019-12-16
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

In Bucharest i was not able to achive more than 190-200m (with a direct line of sight). Outside the city, the max i have tried is alost 700m (and i did not get any low signal messages). So i think it could get further
It's not a bad toy if you know its limitations and use it accordingly.
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_lINbmL72YzFP
New

Romania

Hello, I just bought a Mavic Mini and I want to buy a Care Refresh. Where did you buy it from? I heard that Romania has no Dji Service and I must buy one chosing Bulgaria as a country.
2019-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules