1234Next >
16873 137 2019-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-20 10:42
G.Schaub I agree with you also. The issue here is that if we were dealing with a reputable company than we would have an expectation that they would support their product.
DJI is not a reputable company that stands behind it's products and most importantly their valuable customers.
They just don't care and would rather give you the standard DJI line of "So sorry, our engineers are working on this, we will get back to you"
Of course DJI is not a reputable company... it's a Chinese company, ever heard of anything Chinese as reputable??? High quality??? No...

On another note... I had a Chinese couple asking for directions today... First thing I thought of was DJI and their neglect, so I said "I'll report it to my maps and get back to you, thank you for your ongoing support of our tourism..." and walked away from their confused faces...
Well done DJI, well done.
2019-12-20
Use props
Ruprect
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268510 ft
Australia

Has anyone been able to sideload latest Pix4D apk's?. After upgrading to latest CS firmware (headslap) I get a parsing error when trying to install apks. The earlier versions of the same apks give the option to install. So is this DJI screwing us with sideloading again or what??
2019-12-20
Use props
Hover Hound
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36745 ft
South Africa

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-20 10:42
G.Schaub I agree with you also. The issue here is that if we were dealing with a reputable company than we would have an expectation that they would support their product.
DJI is not a reputable company that stands behind it's products and most importantly their valuable customers.
They just don't care and would rather give you the standard DJI line of "So sorry, our engineers are working on this, we will get back to you"

I couldn't have said it better than jazzyjeff just did. Makes one wonder about Chinese ethics. Not the same as our western ideals. We're a world apart. It is what it is.
2019-12-21
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Ruprect Posted at 12-20 18:42
Has anyone been able to sideload latest Pix4D apk's?. After upgrading to latest CS firmware (headslap) I get a parsing error when trying to install apks. The earlier versions of the same apks give the option to install. So is this DJI screwing us with sideloading again or what??

That’s what we were all worried about. What exactly does this new update do. No sir, not going to do it.
2019-12-21
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I did the upgrade and now my CS 5.5 is running hot, before you never felt any heat from the panel, now it's hot after a few minutes

It's 37c coming out of the HDMI and USB ports
2019-12-21
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys,  I am not sure what DJI is up to but I am convinced that this was a feeble attempt on the part of DJI to shut us up by pushing out this lame update. They figured if they pushed this out, it would give the appearance that they are still supporting the Crystal Sky tablet.

I did post a topic, under the Mavic Mini sub-forum, alerting potential customers of the Mavic Mini that they might have to purchase a new tablet. DJI answered the post. Notice that they are not coming on our posts anymore. See the post at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 4&page=1#pid2036809

I believe that DJI customer service ultimately knows we are right so there is nothing else they can possibly say here. I do know that I am far from impressed by the Asian philosophy of customer service. I have said it many times before, DJI can produce all the drones they want but ultimately, at least in the US, they will fail just because their customer service is so poor.  It will catch up to them.

Like I also said, US Drone manufacturers need to buy a bunch of lunches for the DJI customer service staff because DJI's lame customer service is the greatest advertisement for these two companies.
2019-12-21
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Ruprect Posted at 12-20 18:42

Yup that's what I was saying... fk DJI and all Chinese products.
2019-12-21
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 12-21 08:51
I did the upgrade and now my CS 5.5 is running hot, before you never felt any heat from the panel, now it's hot after a few minutes

It's 37c coming out of the HDMI and USB ports

And another thing I was saying... if you installed this "update" than you basically killed your CS...  release an update that will fry all CS out there and it'll stop the complaints and possibly force you to buy a (not selling well) "Smart" Controller...

This is what I recommend, stop update notifications in settings and DO NOT RUN THIS MALWARE DISGUISED AS AN UPDATE.

If you already ran the Burngrade than try reversing it, otherwise I'm afraid your CS flights are numbered.
2019-12-21
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mAIRs Posted at 12-21 20:12
And another thing I was saying... if you installed this "update" than you basically killed your CS...  release an update that will fry all CS out there and it'll stop the complaints and possibly force you to buy a (not selling well) "Smart" Controller...

This is what I recommend, stop update notifications in settings and DO NOT RUN THIS MALWARE DISGUISED AS AN UPDATE.

You can't downgrade it unfortunately

It's a form of planned obsolescence as you have suggested

DJI should have the CS fan running from the get go, so you don't have all the heat build up

2019-12-21
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 12-21 23:44
You can't downgrade it unfortunately

It's a form of planned obsolescence as you have suggested

Depending on your skill and confidence with electronics.... I personally would open the CS, check the volt rating of the cooling fan, possibly 12V, and permanently solder the fan to a 12V (or what ever the rating of the fan is) voltage supply and force the fan to spin permanently.
2019-12-22
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

After being patient for a year and believing DJI was going to correct the issues with CrystalSky an update finally arrives ... and what we do know about this update so far is,  it’s huge, if you install it your Crystalsky will no longer side load apps and it will start to overheat and you can't go back, but nothing we were asking for was fixed  or completed, is that about right?  I believe DJI is finished with us and our CrystalSky’s. If I ran my business like that my wife and I would be living in a box. Nothing more to say except what a huge disappointment CS and this “update” is.    SAD.
2019-12-22
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Archangel3356 Posted at 12-22 06:02
After being patient for a year and believing DJI was going to correct the issues with CrystalSky an update finally arrives ... and what we do know about this update so far is,  it’s huge, if you install it your Crystalsky will no longer side load apps and it will start to overheat and you can't go back, but nothing we were asking for was fixed  or completed, is that about right?  I believe DJI is finished with us and our CrystalSky’s. If I ran my business like that my wife and I would be living in a box. Nothing more to say except what a huge disappointment CS and this “update” is.    SAD.

What we all have to do is warn any potential new comers and tell as many people in as many forums and social media as we can about our experiences with DJI and DJI contempt to their customers AFTER they get the cash...

Before cash changes hands it's all promises.

2019-12-22
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

No answer, DJI?
2019-12-25
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Sascha.ES Posted at 12-25 00:27
No answer, DJI?
Of course not... they don't have the freedom to respond like, for example, the superior Japanese... the Japanese have pride in their products, Japanese products are like art... where as the inferior Chinese are put together from the left over cheap garbage that others, like the Japanese, have rejected... this obviously includes software engineering teams... any Chinese who knows how to write high quality software and has pride and honor in their product already works for a Japanese or USA company.
Thinking about their freedom restrictions, perhaps they're not allowed to give bug free apps to the "white devil" westerners, that's what you call us, isn't it DJI?
Or perhaps it's hard to write bug free apps that isn't spyware in disguise.

A gigabyte update that updates nothing... that's not suspicious at all, it it? Pathetic.

DJI, you are the worst company I ever had the misfortune to deal with. I hope your financial scandal is only the beginning of your problems and you go bankrupt soon.
2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hover Hound Posted at 12-21 03:35
I couldn't have said it better than jazzyjeff just did. Makes one wonder about Chinese ethics. Not the same as our western ideals. We're a world apart. It is what it is.

I have 3 words for you, Volkswagen Emissions Scandal

It happens in the East and the West
2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mAIRs Posted at 12-25 03:18
Of course not... they don't have the freedom to respond like, for example, the superior Japanese... the Japanese have pride in their products, Japanese products are like art... where as the inferior Chinese are put together from the left over cheap garbage that others, like the Japanese, have rejected... this obviously includes software engineering teams... any Chinese who knows how to write high quality software and has pride and honor in their product already works for a Japanese or USA company.
Thinking about their freedom restrictions, perhaps they're not allowed to give bug free apps to the "white devil" westerners, that's what you call us, isn't it DJI?
Or perhaps it's hard to write bug free apps that isn't spyware in disguise.

They actually call us "Gweilo"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gweilo

2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mAIRs Posted at 12-22 06:39
What we all have to do is warn any potential new comers and tell as many people in as many forums and social media as we can about our experiences with DJI and DJI contempt to their customers AFTER they get the cash...

Before cash changes hands it's all promises.

Didn't they tell you the CS was end of life in 2018

Where do you think all the Smart Controller panels came from, surplus CS 5.5 stock.

If I had stopped manufacturing something, I would also no longer be supporting it, there is no economics in devoting resources to a product line with limited sales and closed future markets. This will be last update of the 32 bit CS we will see from DJI, everything is moving towards developing flight apps for 64 bit platforms.

There maybe a 64bit CS in the future to specifically support new drone models, not the old stuff we are flying around with.
2019-12-25
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 12-25 05:20
They actually call us "Gweilo"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gweilo

hahaha... I have words for them too...
2019-12-25
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 12-25 05:18
I have 3 words for you, Volkswagen Emissions Scandal

It happens in the East and the West

Shows that the software worked...
2019-12-25
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 12-25 05:41
Didn't they tell you the CS was end of life in 2018

Where do you think all the Smart Controller panels came from, surplus CS 5.5 stock.

No, actually to the contrary... I was told by three different DJI liers that "IT IS NOT END OF LIFE" and the CS is still being SOLD in all forms...
2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mAIRs Posted at 12-25 12:52
No, actually to the contrary... I was told by three different DJI liers that "IT IS NOT END OF LIFE" and the CS is still being SOLD in all forms...

Still sold but no longer made, old stock.

You notice there has always been the lack of marketing and promotion of the CS, I think DJI knew they had a overheating problem from the get go.
If you look at the CS webpage it hasn't been changed since the launch a long time back, it still mentions the compatibility with 4g dongles, which we know is not possible.

Anyway our CS's are obsolete and won't be forwardly compatible with a lot of  DJI consumer drones from the Mini forward as I supsect DJI fly is the new 64bit app platform

The CS cpu hails from 2012, it's Rockchip RK3066 4-core CPU.

Every new prosumer drone e.g Mavic Pro type, will have it's own dedicated smart controller or use the existing one, that will be the development path not the standalone CS.

The CS will still be usuable though with the olde drones, it just won't get any firmware updates. The question is, do we need any additional features with the lastest CS DJI Go 4 I think it's pretty good as it is.

The CS will last a long time so long as you keep the screen brightness at 50% , but that kinda of defeats it's purpose LOL
2019-12-25
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 12-25 13:02
Still sold but no longer made, old stock

No excuse to lie when directly ask whether the CS is end of life... than again what did I expect from people who are rude, lazy and liars.
2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Sascha.ES Posted at 12-17 09:44
we'll see what DJI has to say. Anyway, I'm about to switch to the Smart Controller. Too bad, I love the display.

You do realise that the Smart Controller only uses Ocusync 2.0 and that makes it only compatible with the Mavic Pro 2 line and is not backward compatible with other AC's

This is another sore point with me as it could of been a replacement for the CS if it supported Ocusync 1 and enhanced wi-fi.

2019-12-25
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 12-25 13:31
You do realise that the Smart Controller only uses Ocusync 2.0 and that makes it only compatible with the Mavic Pro 2 line and is not backward compatible with other AC's

That was common knowledge fro the beginning... and the Smart Controller is selling well because of this fact.... coupled with the pi$$ poor support of the CS and everyone knows that the SCsupport will go the same way...
DJI is trying to kill the current CS monitors with the current firmware that is deliberately running the monitor hot(ter) than before. DJI is hoping that all CS monitors will die and that the operators will miss the brighter screen, forcing them to buy the SC.. but it's having the opposite effect... people are selling their DJI gear, and Skydio2 is the one who is getting the business.
There is a major push to prohibit the use of DJI drones in moer and more areas citing security risks as the app uploads data without permission... and it is having an effect in the USA, western Europe and Australia and Canada.
2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mAIRs Posted at 12-25 13:51
That was common knowledge fro the beginning... and the Smart Controller is selling well because of this fact.... coupled with the pi$$ poor support of the CS and everyone knows that the SCsupport will go the same way...
DJI is trying to kill the current CS monitors with the current firmware that is deliberately running the monitor hot(ter) than before. DJI is hoping that all CS monitors will die and that the operators will miss the brighter screen, forcing them to buy the SC.. but it's having the opposite effect... people are selling their DJI gear, and Skydio2 is the one who is getting the business.
There is a major push to prohibit the use of DJI drones in moer and more areas citing security risks as the app uploads data without permission... and it is having an effect in the USA, western Europe and Australia and Canada.

We can still fly in the bush
2019-12-25
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 12-25 13:31
You do realise that the Smart Controller only uses Ocusync 2.0 and that makes it only compatible with the Mavic Pro 2 line and is not backward compatible with other AC's

This is another sore point with me as it could of been a replacement for the CS if it supported Ocusync 1 and enhanced wi-fi.

Either way, I don't care anymore, I'm done with DJi.
2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mAIRs Posted at 12-25 14:02
Either way, I don't care anymore, I'm done with DJi.

I actually use my Epson BT-300 glasses more than the CS, the FPV view is great especially fixed wing mode
2019-12-25
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 12-25 15:26
I actually use my Epson BT-300 glasses more than the CS, the FPV view is great especially fixed wing mode
Nice, enjoy... and Edson, definitely much more support than DJI would give...
I'll look into them once I have my Skydio and get rid of all DJI gear.
2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mAIRs Posted at 12-25 16:16
Nice, enjoy... and Edson, definitely much more support than DJI would give...
I'll look into them once I have my Skydio and get rid of all DJI gear.

The Epson's use DJI Go 4 and android , so it's still tied to DJI for updates.

2019-12-25
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 12-25 16:20
The Epson's use DJI Go 4 and android , so it's still tied to DJI for updates.

Android and iOS apps are updated.. CS is version 4.3.16 where as Android is upto 4.3.25 and iOS is 4.3.29....

2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mAIRs Posted at 12-25 19:43
Android and iOS apps are updated.. CS is version 4.3.16 where as Android is upto 4.3.25 and iOS is 4.3.29....

That makes it even more laughable then , the Epson a third party device is up to DJI Go4 ver. 4.3.25

While the CS is nowhere, there must be one junior developer spending a couple of hours each month on the CS.

Sideloading 4.3.25 on the CS could be an option as the .apk file exisits, I can't try this as I have upgraded.

2019-12-25
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 12-25 20:08
That makes it even more laughable then , the Epson a third party device is up to DJI Go4 ver. 4.3.25

While the CS is nowhere, there must be one junior developer spending a couple of hours each month on the CS.

Not An option... DJI is pathetic...
2019-12-25
Use props
Crash&Burn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Archangel3356 Posted at 12-16 05:32
Is this a dream? Is it actually here ? Is it Christmas? I had almost given up on this update. Okay, who’s going to try it first ?

My thoughts exactly.
2019-12-25
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

HAHAHAHA Looks like no takers....

Are you listening DJI?.. trust in you is total trash... non existant even... of course you're not listening, only reading these comments and being an ignorant and rude bunch.

2019-12-26
Use props
Hover Hound
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36745 ft
South Africa

lannes Posted at 12-25 20:08

While the CS is nowhere, there must be one junior developer spending a couple of hours each month on the CS.

lannes, you could try to sideload 4.3.25 but the CS will not allow you to do so. It's the firmware that you should not attempt to downgrade once you have updated to the latest version, because you will risk "bricking" your CS. At least that's how I understand the situation.

And still the whole CS frustration and disappointment continues...
2019-12-27
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hover Hound Posted at 12-27 00:05
lannes, you could try to sideload 4.3.25 but the CS will not allow you to do so. It's the firmware that you should not attempt to downgrade once you have updated to the latest version, because you will risk "bricking" your CS. At least that's how I understand the situation.

And still the whole CS frustration and disappointment continues...

Thanks for the advice, I have already upgraded to the latest CS firmware

but I did sideload UAV forecast and my radar (for wind direction) and they work well

2019-12-27
Use props
VisionMPP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047536 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

dji can you kindly update everyone on the purpose of the update?
2019-12-27
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 12-27 00:56
Thanks for the advice, I have already upgraded to the latest CS firmware  

Lannes, have you tried a flight yet with the upgrade? If so did it do anything you can notice like fix the lag or map issues, maybe get a 1080 FPV view back from the Mavic 2’s ? Anything ?? Thank you
2019-12-27
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys,

I have seen the original video ad for the Crystal Sky and downloaded the notes of the transcript I had with DJI Customer Service before I bought the Crystal Sky. In the transcript he clearly said that this device would be compatible with all DJI Quadcopters and that they will continue to support the unit.  I really believe that we have enough here for a Class Action Suit and will reach out to you as I attempt to find a class action suit attorney that will take this type of case. I know international cases can sometimes be tricky, but guess what, DJI has an American Office in California as well as several company owned stores. That gives them a precence in the states and therefore applicable to our civil laws.

DJI, if you want to discuss this prior to me doing this leg work, we are all ears. Otherwise, as they say, see you in court.
2019-12-27
Use props
fans41f3800c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dji should at least grow a set of balls and respond to this thread. Cowards
2019-12-27
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced