Meeting our needs for long range flights
795 2 2019-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fran_ramon
lvl.2
Spain

Dear developers,

We’re a experienced group of range pilots eager to integrate your FPV system in our drones to get rid of the analog systems, but we can’t do it because your product isn’t finished yet.

Integrating complete OSD elements (home distance, the direction arrow…)  would be a big step forward in the right direction, but there’s still something you need to know about the DJI low latency system for your next updates.

You’ve already done a great job to improve the quality of the experience of long range pilots when it comes to latency and image quality, but there’s still a crucial drawback of your system that makes it almost unusable for long range flights: the way it catastrophically breaks up by resetting the system in the worst possible moment.

You have imported that break-up system from your stabilized drones (like mavics, phantom etc…) that prevent the system from showing corrupted frames like the analog system does. Maybe, it makes sense to proceed that way when you’re flying an intelligent machine with a very reliable rescue system, but Betalight rescue mode is far to be reliable: sometimes it loses satellites without any apparent reason and you’re drone falls downhill straight to the most unreachable side of the cliff, from time to time it works close to limit to disarm making you feel really uncomfortable and not confident enough to do the maneuvers you need to do in this kind of acrobatic flights…

So what I mean is that those real time frames and every fraction of second that we lose with your system when we’re close to the limit are absolutely necessary to save our drones when we push them. Even thought we can only see darker pixels (ground) and brighter pixels (sky), that’s enough to keep flying a few seconds until we correct our position to avoid crashing.

Seeing the system is resetting because it can’t get a minimal image quality is worst thing can happen when you’re flying a long range drone and that’s a problem I think you can solve, because I’ve been testing the same Rapidfire receiver (the one I use with my fatshark goggles) with the DJI goggles (by using the AVIN input) and, while the fatshark can provide those corrupted frames in real time without abruptly blocking the input, the DJI surprisingly can’t!

Please, we beg you to do something about, by adding an extra mode for those needs or whatever you consider to do to fix this problem and I guarantee you are going to increase your sells exponentially.

Thank you very much for your support.

2019-12-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you done the taco.txt file on your memory card with 1 in it to set fcc?
2019-12-17
Use props
fran_ramon
lvl.2
Spain

We've already done that and everything possible.
2019-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules