Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

Ⅱ.Exclusions

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1. Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories.
2. Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned product.
3. Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.
4. Remote controller, battery of Inspire 2,Phantom 4 Pro series and Phantom 4 Advanced, and modification accessories.
5. Deliberate losses.
6. Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product.
7. Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
8. Replacement requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
9. Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
10. Damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
11. Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.
12. A gimbal that is repaired or replaced in a non-official repair center.
13. A gimbal that is removed from the aircraft and replaced by another one in DJI’s official repair center.

I can't see what extra it offers outside of the normal customer rights is has to offer.

2019-12-16
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're new to drone, you'll more than likely experience crashes, So the question is, do you feel lucky?
2019-12-16
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

for the mini it is US$39, makes absolutely no sense not to have it.  
2019-12-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Believe it is.
2019-12-16
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

Definitely worth it. All of those exceptions make total sense to me.  For example if I fly it when the wind is ridiculously strong then why should they replace it? If I crash it into a tree by accident then that’s exactly the mistake I want to cover
2019-12-17
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Crummett Posted at 12-17 00:42
Definitely worth it. All of those exceptions make total sense to me.  For example if I fly it when the wind is ridiculously strong then why should they replace it? If I crash it into a tree by accident then that’s exactly the mistake I want to cover

I honestly don't see the distinction here. Flying into a wall by accident and not realising how much more powerful the wind will be high up are both mistakes beginners are very likely to make.
2019-12-17
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 12-17 00:54
I honestly don't see the distinction here. Flying into a wall by accident and not realising how much more powerful the wind will be high up are both mistakes beginners are very likely to make.

It's a fine line for sure.  But if you hit high wind it tells you to land immediately.  I'd imagine that only in extreme cases would the first big gust of wind cause a complete failure
2019-12-17
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I think it is, the points above make sense.
2019-12-17
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

Crummett Posted at 12-17 01:23
It's a fine line for sure.  But if you hit high wind it tells you to land immediately.  I'd imagine that only in extreme cases would the first big gust of wind cause a complete failure

I think the problem with that message (at least in my case) is that it shows it so damn often that you just get used to ignoring it. It's sort of "the drone who cried wolf" ) First time I got this message (which was the very 1st flight I took) I tested my speed in all directions and I was easily getting 15-20mph in S mode so clearly the wind was nothing to really worry about.
2019-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very worth it for how little it costs.
2019-12-17
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 12-17 02:08
I think the problem with that message (at least in my case) is that it shows it so damn often that you just get used to ignoring it. It's sort of "the drone who cried wolf" ) First time I got this message (which was the very 1st flight I took) I tested my speed in all directions and I was easily getting 15-20mph in S mode so clearly the wind was nothing to really worry about.

agreed.  It pops up and a lot and without being able to measure the wind speed up where the drone is you're left unsure how much of a risk you're really in.  I usually just lower it to be safe.  I think for £35, though, its worth having some cover.
2019-12-17
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

The problem is you can't get DJI Fly everywhere. I bought my Mini from the US while on a trip there and I'm unable to purchase DJI Fly to use it in my country, in Europe
2019-12-17
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 12-17 02:38
The problem is you can't get DJI Fly everywhere. I bought my Mini from the US while on a trip there and I'm unable to purchase DJI Fly to use it in my country, in Europe

DJI refresh is different for different regions in the world as they have to conforms to local laws, As is the case with some electronics equipment (the warranty maybe regional).
2019-12-17
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

Wiz33 Posted at 12-17 07:59
DJI refresh is different for different regions in the world as they have to conforms to local laws, As is the case with some electronics equipment (the warranty maybe regional).

well, DJI Care *is* available in my country. They just won't insure a Mini bought from the US
2019-12-17
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 12-17 08:06
well, DJI Care *is* available in my country. They just won't insure a Mini bought from the US

Yes, but only for product in your region. There are multiple versions of the Mavic Mini out around the world so the same rule as the warranty applies since they may not even have parts for units from a different region.
2019-12-17
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

most definitely.
2019-12-17
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Refresh does give me a little peace of mind so I believe for the amount that it costs, it is worth it.
2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day grahamjohnson10. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to there insight with the DJI Care Refresh. Thank you.
2019-12-17
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the price, it is worth the piece of mind. I crash it, they replace it. Exceptions seem reasonable. I have been flying fixed wing aircraft for years, wish I had that protection to cover my crashes
2019-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Everything there is common sense, however if your flys away as a direct result of malfunction , you will be covered by warranty.
2019-12-17
Use props
Stan1915
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579669 ft
  • >>>
United States

All the reasons that were mentioned are good points.  I have used it to replace a damaged M2P that was my fault.  I have been flying for almost 4 years and caught a gust of wind while flying next to a pole while filming new construction.  Completely my fault but I saved a lot of money since I had care refresh.  The drone fell about 12 ft onto concrete and gravel.  Rather than have it repaired I opted to get a replacement.  I received the replacement within 1 week so I was back up in no time.  No waiting to have it looked at and repaired.  The replacement looked new but I was able to find out that it had been turned in by previous owner and repaired.  The functions are all good and flies just like a new one.  Unfortunately I cannot get care refresh on the replacement so I insured it locally.
2019-12-17
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

grahamjohnson10, I just got the Refresh +, which is going to tke the place of Refresh when it expires in a few days, both were purchased for what others have noted "peace-of-mind."  I crashed the MPP into a bush, very soon after reading the manual enough to get it airborne.  After that I adopted the attitude, it does NOT crash, and anytime I fly it I check and recheck, and am super careful.  Had it up a few days back with wind gusts up to 20mph and except for shifting 2 to 3 inches one way or the other while hovering, it did splendid.  One thing, after this Refresh+ there will be no others issued.  I sure hope the craft stays nice
2019-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules