Remote sometimes does not turn off
18160 11 2019-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1646dc8a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3179 ft
United States

Hello Mavic Mini gurus!  I have a question: sometimes (maybe if I turn the aircraft off first?) I cannot turn off the remote control!  I do the short-click + long-click-until-all-leds-are-off but then the leds turn on again and sometimes the remote starts beeping.  It beeps for a while, then stops, beeps again, stops, etc. Then after about 5 minutes it shuts itself down on its own.  This is very annoying.  Any firmware update that can fix this?

2019-12-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Mini Remote Controller is having issue. With regards to this concern.  I would recommend for you to do a firmware refresh for both remote controller and drone to isolate
the issue. If issue persists after the torubleshooting, kindly please post a short video of the said issue for further assistant. In addition, I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) for the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and an official DJI video tutorial for the said process. Please keep us posted for further assistance Thank you.

2019-12-17
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I always short press+long press not just until the lights go off on the rc but it makes a short series of beeps as well when it’s actually off.
2019-12-17
Use props
fans1646dc8a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3179 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-17 16:07
Hi. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Mini Remote Controller is having issue. With regards to this concern.  I would recommend for you to do a firmware refresh for both remote controller and drone to isolate
the issue. If issue persists after the torubleshooting, kindly please post a short video of the said issue for further assistant. In addition, I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) for the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and an official DJI video tutorial for the said process. Please keep us posted for further assistance Thank you.

Thank you.  I am in the newest firmware for both devices (and batteries).  I will see if it persists.  
2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans1646dc8a Posted at 12-17 16:21
Thank you.  I am in the newest firmware for both devices (and batteries).  I will see if it persists.

You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-19
Use props
djiuser_5lmYanAcclEP
New

Denmark

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-12-19 15:48
You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.
What was the solution for the problem, as I have the same problem. I can turn the rc off if I connect it to my phone. It would be nice if you would fix this issue as many may have the same experience.
2020-7-14
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The two button presses have to be quite close together, I find that if the 2nd press is at all delayed it will not switch either on or off.
2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_5lmYanAcclEP Posted at 7-14 07:15
What was the solution for the problem, as I have the same problem. I can turn the rc off if I connect it to my phone. It would be nice if you would fix this issue as many may have the same experience.

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Turning the remote controller on and off is the same step, double tap the power button but the second tap is held down until the remote turns off. Please refer to the image posted below for more information about the DJI Mavic Mini remote controller, if issue still persists, kindly please provide a short sample video of the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-7-14
Use props
RTONE1A0L.COM
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-12-17 16:07

i am having
2020-8-11
Use props
djiuser_fMuEUcQmlyx0
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-14 23:50
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Turning the remote controller on and off is the same step, double tap the power button but the second tap is held down until the remote turns off. Please refer to the image posted below for more information about the DJI Mavic Mini remote controller, if issue still persists, kindly please provide a short sample video of the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

[view_image]

Turn the controller off before you turn the drone off.  That's what worked for me.
2020-9-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_fMuEUcQmlyx0 Posted at 9-28 14:29
Turn the controller off before you turn the drone off.  That's what worked for me.

Thank you for the additional information. We are happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2020-9-29
Use props
Karmarina
New

Australia

djiuser_fMuEUcQmlyx0 Posted at 2020-9-28 14:29

Thank god for a simple quick solution. Thank you very much. I turned the drone back on and then turned the controller off before turning off the drone.That made all the difference and now the remote is off.
2022-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules