Fuji XT3 with firmware 3.10
3877 14 2019-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseae6d9ce
lvl.2

Spain

Hi,

Ive updated my XT3 today with the new firmware which adds USB support for Gimbals from DJI

https://www.fujifilm.com/support ... re/x/xt3/index.html

While the focus wheel now has some effect, the record button does not appear to trigger video recording. It does however cause the green staus light to come on the camera body, as if the shutter was held down half way.

Am i missing something or do we now need to wait for a new update to the Ronin S?

2019-12-17
Use props
fanseae6d9ce
lvl.2

Spain

Also, the focus wheel is pretty much uncontrolable. Its either delayed or keeps adjusting after i stop moving it.
2019-12-17
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fanseae6d9ce Posted at 12-17 03:23
Also, the focus wheel is pretty much uncontrolable. Its either delayed or keeps adjusting after i stop moving it.

Good for Fuji.  OP needs to wait for DJI to update their firmware for the Ronin S to communicate with the X-T3.  Wonder how long that will take?  I say June 17, 2020.  Let the countdown begin.
Then, will it work?  Based on DJI's track record it will not work and will have many bugs.  The unfortunate individuals (myself included) will complain on this forum.  DJI Forum Adminstrators will respond something to the effect of "we are very sorry and will forward your concerns to our engineering team".  At which point it will fall into DJI's black hole of unresolved issues and never be heard about again.  Please purchase our next version of the Ronin S--the Ronin S Pro.

Don Barar

2019-12-17
Use props
Beninspain
lvl.2

Spain

Disappointing.
2019-12-18
Use props
jimfelder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1980118 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can manual focus but can’t start recording. I was so looking forward to this update. They said it would work on this release but it doesn’t.
2019-12-21
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimfelder Posted at 12-21 00:21
I can manual focus but can’t start recording. I was so looking forward to this update. They said it would work on this release but it doesn’t.

Jim,

The Ronin S does not yet fully support the X-T3.  See the supported cameras spec sheet:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf

Please note:  "Capture Photo" does not equal "Start Record Video".

You must wait until DJI updates their firmware for the Ronin S to support X-T3 video record on/off via USB.

Don
2019-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, thanks for your feedback, we will transfer it to our R&D engineers for attention, please note our website of the future update.
2019-12-31
Use props
Ma5chinsky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331604 ft
Austria

I have the same issues you are describing and I am writing this solely to emphasize your request to DJI to step up their game and provide the necessary firmware update.
2020-1-4
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

already installed the new firmware?
2020-1-12
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ricardo Ghion Posted at 1-12 06:45
already installed the new firmware?

Hi All:

Good for DJI releasing a firmware update to allow the X-T3 to start/stop the via USB so quickly after Fuji's update.  There is a very concerning comment in the release notes about autofocus not functioning:

"Added video recording and focus pull support for Fujifilm XT3 cameras with supported X mount lenses using the Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C). Requires Fujifilm XT3 firmware v3.1.0 or later. Note that the camera is unable to auto focus in video recording mode."

Can DJI Forum Administrators please explain how autofocus is not working.

Don Barar
2020-1-12
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

DGBarar Posted at 1-12 07:41
Hi All:

Good for DJI releasing a firmware update to allow the X-T3 to start/stop the via USB so quickly after Fuji's update.  There is a very concerning comment in the release notes about autofocus not functioning:

Tip: Xt3 AF works for video recording with Ronin -S The only thing you need to do is turn on face recognition, I hope it helped.
2020-1-12
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ricardo Ghion Posted at 1-12 14:02
Tip: Xt3 AF works for video recording with Ronin -S The only thing you need to do is turn on face recognition, I hope it helped.

That does help.  But what if there are no faces?  I use my X-T3 and Ronin S for shooting real estate interiors--no faces in this situation.

I wonder if this autofocus issue is assciated with Fuji or Ronin S firmware.

Don Barar
2020-1-12
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

DGBarar Posted at 1-12 15:06
That does help.  But what if there are no faces?  I use my X-T3 and Ronin S for shooting real estate interiors--no faces in this situation.

I wonder if this autofocus issue is assciated with Fuji or Ronin S firmware.

It's okay to have faces in the scene or not, just turning on autofocus will work with objects.
2020-1-13
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ricardo Ghion Posted at 1-13 11:31
It's okay to have faces in the scene or not, just turning on autofocus will work with objects.

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you.  I have ordered the cable and will give this a try.

Don Barar
2020-1-13
Use props
azelsman
lvl.1

United States

I have updated all firmware on the Ronin-S  and the X T3 (3.20), I've set up the connection type to be USB tethered auto and it doesn't seem to do anything. I can't get focus to work, video stop and start. It doesn't seem like any connection is made except I can't change the connection type on the fuji. What am I missing? Is there something else I need to set up on the Fuji? or the Ronin-S?
2020-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules