Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Quick question (Maps & Internet)
553 3 2019-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptonZoom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14596 ft

United States

Hi Gang!!

Bought an android tablet 10" to have a larger screen when flying. My issue with this option now is it doesnt have cellular, thus no maps when flying.  There is no option to download offline maps and since I am connected to the WIFI on the Phantom 3 standard, I cannont use my WIFI hotspot on my phone.  I cannot be the only person that has this problem.  I searched the forum, but couldnt find any fix.

I have a Phantom 3 Standard using the DJI Go app Pre-4.  

Suggestiions?

Thanks in advance!!

Randy

2019-12-17
Use props
CaptonZoom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14596 ft

United States

Well, Figured it out myself.  

If i connect to the DJI WIFI first, then connect to Iphone Hotspot via Bluetooth, looks like we have a winner!!

Sorry, jumped the gun on the question!!
2019-12-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Glad it works for you that way.

I think what most people do is to use the internet via your wifi when near a wifi router before you fly - such as when you're home.  If you open the app, you can venture to the map area where you intend to fly.  Zoom in and out.  Then close the app out.  Later when you fly, you'll load your app, and the maps will appear because the map images have been cached onto your mobile device from when you were online earlier.  The map images will remain there for a month or so.  

Good luck
2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Randy. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. It is recommended to cache the map with Internet before flight. At home, with WiFi enabled, go into the DJI Go application, and be sure cache Maps. Please have your drone turned on, when you do this process. Now open the DJI Go application and bring up Map View. Once you have everything running, scroll to your proposed flying area. Zoom in, to the flight area, and scroll the map around, well beyond your planned flight zone. After doing these process and once you turn everything off, the proper map should be available on the DJI Go application. Thank you.
2019-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules