RMS1 and DT7/DR16 R/C Radio System
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

I follow the universe of RoboMaster and I discovered the DT7 R/C radio System and DR16 R/C Receiver.

DT7/DR16 Specification

The DR16 provides a D-Bus output, compatible "out-of-the-box" with the RoboMaster S1. The RMS1 development team, furthermore, announced D-Bus support in the last RMS1 Firmware update...

The following RoboMaster User Manual,  in Section 5., shows how the DT7 Controller is used with a RoboMaster robot. Hereagain, we are looking at features that are completely compatible with the RMS1.

RoboMaster User Manual.

The integration of the DT7/DR16 should be on the development roadmap of the RMS1, IMHO.

What do you all think?

2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day rhoude57 - YUL. Thank you for sharing this information with regards to the DJI Robomaster S1 and thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-17
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I couldn't find much information about the D-Bus protocol but I'm pretty sure it's compatible with the S-Bus protocol.

A S-Bus port could be used to allow a microcontroller to communicate with the S1. This would allow all sorts of sensors to be added to the robot.

A functional S-Bus port with appropriate software, would dramatically increase the capability of the S1.

I found some confusion about whether or not D-Bus refers to Desktop Bus in this application. D-Bus does NOT refer to Desktop Bus. DJI's D-Bus is an entirely different sort of protocol than Desktop Bus. Desktop Bus in used in computers to allow multiple software programs to communicate with each other.
2019-12-17
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Duane Degn Posted at 12-17 19:06
I couldn't find much information about the D-Bus protocol but I'm pretty sure it's compatible with the S-Bus protocol.

A S-Bus port could be used to allow a microcontroller to communicate with the S1. This would allow all sorts of sensors to be added to the robot.

The D-Bus is the Futaba implementation of S-Bus...

Some infor can be extracted from the following thread...

Ronin control with Arduino and D-Bus(S-bus)

2019-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules