Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zoom does not connect to remote controller
1366 5 2019-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparkGoFly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1063 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just purchased my Mavic Zoom yesterday spent several hours trying to get the controller to connect to the drone... put it all back in the box and went to sleep... went to the gym this moring and tried to take a fresh look at this issue... spent another 3 hours trying to get it to connect... just about to just throw it through the window to be honest... upgraded from the Spark wanted something bigger and better...

I have followed every youtube video out there... the only thing that worked was uninstalling the app and reinstalling it... I am using a Ipad mini 4 with it... like i said the only thing that worked was uninstalling and reinstalling... i got to do all the updates firmware for the drone and the controller could not fly it as it is pouring here... took a break and shut everything down two hours later tried it again and failure... had to do the same process over again uninstall and reinstall... I hope i don't have to do this every damn time.... I am using the IPdad mini4 I tried both cables the usb to lightning cable on the side of the controller as well as the USB(in the front) to lightning connector....

is there a process that when i start the drone and the controller they connect or do I have to uninstal and reinstall every time... I purchased from BestBuy and they state they will have to charge me almost 300 for a restocking fee if i return this one for a new one then they told me to take the issue up with DJI!  

seriously not feeling like i upgraded to bigger and better

any help would be appreciated.

I have already watched the DJI video on how to do it and it is not working.

DO I have to be outside?

Thanks
Dave
2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. There is no such process that every time you connect your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom on its controller you need to uninstall and reinstall the app. Therefore, you will notice that the RC is not connected on the aircraft when the little monitor on the RC showing only "Connecting". Can you please send us a video showing the problem for us to review it? Also, you may recommend following the process of relinking the aircraft to the RC and try to bound those devices to see if the problem persists. You may refer to the tutorial below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

2019-12-18
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hey DJI Gamora thanks for responding... not sure what I did... took the Aircraft out yesterday set it down turned it on, turned on the RC and what do you know it connected... got everything setup i needed to setup and did a calibration... Everything worked burned off that battery brought the aircraft home turned it off went for the second battery and turned the aircraft back on and it connected almost immediately same with my third battery so whatever happened which i am not sure but it seems to be working fine now... should I have the issues again I will send video..

Thanks
Dave
2019-12-21
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

MavicZoom Posted at 12-21 06:25
Hey DJI Gamora thanks for responding... not sure what I did... took the Aircraft out yesterday set it down turned it on, turned on the RC and what do you know it connected... got everything setup i needed to setup and did a calibration... Everything worked burned off that battery brought the aircraft home turned it off went for the second battery and turned the aircraft back on and it connected almost immediately same with my third battery so whatever happened which i am not sure but it seems to be working fine now... should I have the issues again I will send video..

Congrats on the Zoom Dave. It’s my favorite UAV in my stable.  Don’t forget to use the Zoom !!  I forgot about using it on several flights. Great bird, you’ll really enjoy it. Good luck !
2019-12-21
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Archangel3356 Posted at 12-21 07:02
Congrats on the Zoom Dave. It’s my favorite UAV in my stable.  Don’t forget to use the Zoom !!  I forgot about using it on several flights. Great bird, you’ll really enjoy it. Good luck !

Hey Archangel thanks... I had a great time yesterday flying it... way better then my old Sparky... I was actually saying what do I do with all this air time... LOL   I had four batteries with my Spark would fly out for about 11 minutes each time now my Zoom was up there for 90 minutes on 3 batteries...

looking to pickup the Smart Controller!

Thanks
Dave
2019-12-21
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

MavicZoom Posted at 12-21 11:43
Hey Archangel thanks... I had a great time yesterday flying it... way better then my old Sparky... I was actually saying what do I do with all this air time... LOL   I had four batteries with my Spark would fly out for about 11 minutes each time now my Zoom was up there for 90 minutes on 3 batteries...

looking to pickup the Smart Controller!

Glad your enjoying  your new toy. I think it’s perfect for my needs and I rarely get the Phantoms out anymore. Keep the propeller side up and get some awesome video !
2019-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules