Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly will not work with most tablets
1593 9 2019-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzyjeff
Second Officer
United States

Just a heads up guys before you buy the Mavic Mini. The DJI Fly software will not work with a lot of the tablets that you probably own now that presently work with DJI Go and DJI Go 4 software. Essentially if you have a tablet which is running fine with DJI Go and Go 4 , its probably not going to work with the DJI Fly software.

The Einstein's at DJI decided that the Mavic Mini should have it's own software and not be supported on the current DJI Go software suite that all their other drones work with . The DJI Go and Go 4 software will work with no problem on a 32 bit Android 5 tablet and they work well.
Unfortunately the DJI Fly software requires a 64 bit tablet with Android 7. If it does not have either, it will not work. Even if you have these specs it may or may not work? This is very picky software.  You will be lucky if you can get it to work.

When i asked DJI why the Mavic Mini would not work with DJI Go 4, their answer was some rediculous reply that it's a beginner drone. I suggested that they cold still use DJI Fly for beginners but to allow the Mavic Mini to work with the DJI Go 4 program also. They gave me the standard "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you." Guys, don't hold your breath on this one.

My only hope is that Litchi supports the Mavic mini soon so that our current tablets will work to fly the Mavic Mini. I am not about to buy a new tablet for this one drone! It's sad that we have to hope that a third party vendor supports a DJI drone so we can use the third party's software to fly with your current tablet

Guys, dont feel to bad. DJI does not even support their own tablet, the  Crystal Sky. That tablet can cost upwards to $1000 for the 7.85inch. My 5.5 inch model cost me $600.  

The bottom line is that DJI just does not care that it does not work. Oh well, to bad, time to buy another tablet. Its your problem and not theirs. Take a look at the angry guys including me under the Crystal Sky portion of this forum.

You had better learn early that DJI customer support is the worst in the  industry.

Good luck and hope this helps!

2019-12-17
Use props
Berhatz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

The software support is terrible. It seems that they do not understand what is happening. I think they released the Mini, not thinking about what their customers will do. They send their notorious list of compatible phones, which has not changed for a month. The next quadrocopter will definitely not be DJI.
2019-12-17
Use props
renbrant
lvl.1

Brazil

Actually,  the situation is worst than that. The DJI Fly dosen't work on Android phones that update to last OS version. I have an Galaxy S10 and the DJI Fly stop to work after last update.
I still don't have any information from DJI about when it will solve.
I was planning to make some videos from my Christmas, but I think I gonna use my Mavic Mini as a Christimas tree star.
Screenshot_20191224-071319_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20191224-072130_Samsung Internet.jpg
2019-12-24
Use props
renbrant
lvl.1

Brazil

Actually,  the situation is worst than that. The DJI Fly dosen't work on Android phones that update to last OS version. I have an Galaxy S10 and the DJI Fly stop to work after last update.
I still don't have any information from DJI about when it will solve.
I was planning to make some videos from my Christmas, but I think I gonna use my Mavic Mini as a Christimas tree star.
Screenshot_20191224-072130_Samsung Internet.jpg
2019-12-24
Use props
renbrant
lvl.1

Brazil

The issue has not yet been resolved.
I wish you all a happy new year (without flying your drone)!

2019-12-30
Use props
jazzyjeff
Second Officer
United States

renbrant Posted at 12-30 11:34
The issue has not yet been resolved.
I wish you all a happy new year (without flying your drone)!
[view_image]

Incredible. What a lame company!
2019-12-31
Use props
renbrant
lvl.1

Brazil

Unbelievable! They update the SW but still didn't solve the issue.  I still cannot fly my Mavic Mini with mine Galaxy S10+ (SM-G973F)!
2020-1-3
Use props
jazzyjeff
Second Officer
United States

Renbrant get ready for it "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you".
This is what we have been dealing with for so long with this company. They are completely non-responsive with about 90% of the issues and all they do is read from scripted answers.
There are choices now with Autel and Skydio. I recommend you start looking in that direction. I did!
2020-1-5
Use props
renbrant
lvl.1

United States

2020-1-12
Use props
jazzyjeff
Second Officer
United States

DJI, is this mean that you will have an update to support your own device, the Crystal Sky also?? Wouldn't that be a real treat?

Renbrant, please dont bet on it or hold your breath. If you bet on it, you will lose and if you hold your breath you will no longer be with us! Remember, Classic DJI "so sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you"".

Enjoy the trip you are on. May I recommend something, tie an osmo pocket to a kite and fly it. Sorry to say thats the only DJI device you are going to get aerial shots with.

I feel your pain. You buy the thing so that it works with the tablet you have and now it doesn't work. DJI, what a class outfit!
2020-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules