Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Santa Fun Run video used all modes with latest firmware update
2514 26 2019-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Hi all.
As promised. Next Christmas video.
Filmed using the Latest firmware update with a mixture of 4K 50fps, Normal 1080p Slow motion, 4K footage slowed down in editing package, Hyperlapse, Normal 4K footage, and Timelapse modes. This was taken using my left hand while I took still images with my right hand using my DSLR, so not really aiming the footage with the Osmo Pocket. I did have my Clippy mic plugged in but couldn't use the soundtrack as the PA was blasting out disco tunes around the site. Instead I had to make my own music soundtrack to edit to to avoid copyright infringments on You Tube. The event, a Santa Fun Run, was not as large as I expected as it was a test run to see if the Dockyard site was suitable to use for future fun runs for charity. All went well with no injuries, so next year it should be a full blown event with a roughly 4000 entrant attendance figure.

This may not be the final edit used to promote next year's event but it is roughly speaking, finnished.

Thank you for viewing.

Images taken at the same time from my DSLR

YT00001_03.jpg
YT00001_04.jpg
YT00001_05.jpg

2019-12-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done,  looks like quite a sight.
2019-12-18
Use props
Gulfstream
First Officer
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love this! Thank you for sharing
2019-12-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Ray. Thanks for sharing this wonderful video that you had created. Thank you for your support!
2019-12-18
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Great event!
2019-12-18
Use props
Shantok
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like a very fun time!
2019-12-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome event.
2019-12-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-18 02:11
Nicely done,  looks like quite a sight.

Thank you. It doesn't take long either. All over in a few hours. Ideal.
2019-12-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Gulfstream Posted at 12-18 08:10
Love this! Thank you for sharing

You are welcome.
2019-12-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-18 08:28
Hi, Ray. Thanks for sharing this wonderful video that you had created. Thank you for your support!

Thank you Gamora, but why did DJI Panda move my post to events?
Copying it to here I can understand but moving it away from the Pocket forum probably means the people most likely to be interested in it will miss it.
Hardly anyone has given it a glance since it's been here.

Ray.
2019-12-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Thank you.
2019-12-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Shantok Posted at 12-18 17:49
Looks like a very fun time!

Yes, no stress, go around in your own time. Great for families. Everyone gets a completion medal.
2019-12-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

These events have become very popular in the UK. There are at least four of them within 50 miles of where I live.  Thank you for your interest.
2019-12-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-20 08:08
These events have become very popular in the UK. There are at least four of them within 50 miles of where I live.  Thank you for your interest.

You're welcome.
2019-12-20
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Captain
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Loved the video, great editing
Good luck next year, hope you get the 4000
2019-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-20 08:06
Thank you Gamora, but why did DJI Panda move my post to events?
Copying it to here I can understand but moving it away from the Pocket forum probably means the people most likely to be interested in it will miss it.
Hardly anyone has given it a glance since it's been here.

Hi, Ray. Sorry for the trouble. You can still repost it on the Osmo Pocket section for them to see it. Thank you for your support Ray!
2019-12-22
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-22 14:47
Hi, Ray. Sorry for the trouble. You can still repost it on the Osmo Pocket section for them to see it. Thank you for your support Ray!

Hi DJI Gamora.
I really don't mind it being here but just wondered why it wasn't copied across.
I just thought it would be of more interest to those using the Osmo Pocket.
I will re-post it later later.
Thank you for your answer.

Ray.
2019-12-22
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

ShermanFlyer Posted at 12-21 07:11
Loved the video, great editing
Good luck next year, hope you get the 4000

Thank you.
I find editing interesting and frustrating both at the same time. So many restrictions with licensing of effects to put onto public sites I have to check each one to ensure I'm not breaking software copyright rules or I have the correct commercial license. Some software restrictions are nuts.
This particular Fun run used to be held in the town but road closures this time of year became impractical for the local council so the Dockyard is an enclosed area where there is little disturbance but large for an event. The organisers though wanted to ensure safety, so a small one for this year to check for trip hazards and suitability for an all age fun run. Being an ex Naval dockyard there are tramlines in the ground and cobble stones and various trip hazards that have to be supervised and avoided. Thankfully this was judged a success and that it could be adequately supervised in the future so next year we expect many more runners as it was well attended in the past.
Fingers crossed   

Ray.
2019-12-22
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Captain
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-22 15:28
Thank you.
I find editing interesting and frustrating both at the same time. So many restrictions with licensing of effects to put onto public sites I have to check each one to ensure I'm not breaking software copyright rules or I have the correct commercial license. Some software restrictions are nuts.
This particular Fun run used to be held in the town but road closures this time of year became impractical for the local council so the Dockyard is an enclosed area where there is little disturbance but large for an event. The organisers though wanted to ensure safety, so a small one for this year to check for trip hazards and suitability for an all age fun run. Being an ex Naval dockyard there are tramlines in the ground and cobble stones and various trip hazards that have to be supervised and avoided. Thankfully this was judged a success and that it could be adequately supervised in the future so next year we expect many more runners as it was well attended in the past.

"I find editing interesting and frustrating both at the same time"
You are so right, editing is both the creative and frustrating side of this endevour. The dockyard is an interesting location.
2019-12-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice captures!
2019-12-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-22 15:15
Hi DJI Gamora.
I really don't mind it being here but just wondered why it wasn't copied across.
I just thought it would be of more interest to those using the Osmo Pocket.

You're welcome Ray. Thank you for your kindness and understanding. Cheers!
2019-12-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool footage
2020-7-23
Use props
nevac
Captain
Flight distance : 9776798 ft
Serbia

Very nice Ray-CubeAce1
2020-7-23
Use props
Tony2004
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328707 ft
Canada

Nice done! Looks great!
2020-8-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Thank you all for your comments.
The Next Santa Fun Run at present is still going ahead at the end of the year, lock-down measures allowing.  It should be much larger and hopefully a much better spectacle.
2020-8-10
Use props
SHERLOCKHOLMES
First Officer

India

wow nice capture, well done
2020-10-21
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

SHERLOCKHOLMES Posted at 10-21 22:41
wow nice capture, well done

Thank you.

Unfortunately because of the current problems there will not be a Fun Run this year.

Ray.
2020-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules