1259 19 2019-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tried out for the first time using Active Track to track the car,  however it seems to switch between just using the camera to track until it looses me, or it flew above for a while and then for no reason that I can see it stopped flying and just moved the camera.  Theres an uneditied example below.

2019-12-19
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2309285 ft
United Kingdom

Yes i have had same issue drone follows you for a bit then seems to get confused and at other times works pefectly ish. I wonder whether it is to do with lighting conditions and other things in the frame. work still needed on the software me thinks. I have only tried it on foot.
2019-12-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RK7dronzy Posted at 12-19 04:00
Yes i have had same issue drone follows you for a bit then seems to get confused and at other times works pefectly ish. I wonder whether it is to do with lighting conditions and other things in the frame. work still needed on the software me thinks. I have only tried it on foot.

I just been out again and tried it,  it seems that I need to pick trace or profile and then it works great,  even stopping for an obstacle albeit Im not sure what.
2019-12-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to the concern. Was there any notification or error message when the said issue happened? How fast was the car when the ActiveTrack 2.0 was active. For reference I will posting an image for more details about the ActiveTrack 2.0. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2019-12-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-19 08:23
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to the concern. Was there any notification or error message when the said issue happened? How fast was the car when the ActiveTrack 2.0 was active. For reference I will posting an image for more details about the ActiveTrack 2.0. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

[view_image]

I tried it again today and got much better results in track and profile modes,  I suspect its user error as Im still learning this feature.
2019-12-19
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

I've had issues with ActiveTrack on the Mavic 2 and Air.  I tracked my friend on his electric skateboard and it was totally fine...., with absolutely nothing else around him.  Once (IMO, trivial) obstacles came into play, a stop sign or a building, the drone either just stopped following or even flew very near these things, causing me to manually avoid them at times.  Some times the drone simply stopped moving, with no clear obstacles.  The lighting, shadows, colors and even his speed didn't seem as undesirable factors in proper tracking.  When it works, it's great, though I'm not confident in it.  When it doesn't work, it's absolutely frustrating, as autonomous tracking is a highly desired function, especially with sophisticated production equipment.  Even though drones are much easier to acquire and operate as time goes on, it is still a sophisticated production unit, that you expect to perform the functions that were advertised.  Active Track is only one of many features though, so overall, it is a pretty good product.
2019-12-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Neo Supreme Posted at 12-20 08:11
I've had issues with ActiveTrack on the Mavic 2 and Air.  I tracked my friend on his electric skateboard and it was totally fine...., with absolutely nothing else around him.  Once (IMO, trivial) obstacles came into play, a stop sign or a building, the drone either just stopped following or even flew very near these things, causing me to manually avoid them at times.  Some times the drone simply stopped moving, with no clear obstacles.  The lighting, shadows, colors and even his speed didn't seem as undesirable factors in proper tracking.  When it works, it's great, though I'm not confident in it.  When it doesn't work, it's absolutely frustrating, as autonomous tracking is a highly desired function, especially with sophisticated production equipment.  Even though drones are much easier to acquire and operate as time goes on, it is still a sophisticated production unit, that you expect to perform the functions that were advertised.  Active Track is only one of many features though, so overall, it is a pretty good product.

My last attempt I had one instance where it thought it detected an obstacle and stopped,  at the time it was over the top of a marina so thought maybe a mast but on checking there was nothing there,  but I don't know if a bird could have triggered it.

The footage is here
2019-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DAFlys Posted at 12-19 09:15
I tried it again today and got much better results in track and profile modes,  I suspect its user error as Im still learning this feature.

Hi. I am happy to know that the drone is working fine. If you have further inquiry and concern feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-20
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-20 08:20
My last attempt I had one instance where it thought it detected an obstacle and stopped,  at the time it was over the top of a marina so thought maybe a mast but on checking there was nothing there,  but I don't know if a bird could have triggered it.

The footage is here https://youtu.be/I-yY0YGvUOM

Good track except for that one bit where it stopped for no apperent reason. I did some more on foot and was it fine until i went through a metal gate and it just stopped for a bit then caught up after i nudged it forward then it was ok tracking again. Still it is quite good at it, just not perfect. I shall try profile next.
2019-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RK7dronzy Posted at 12-22 07:47
Good track except for that one bit where it stopped for no apperent reason. I did some more on foot and was it fine until i went through a metal gate and it just stopped for a bit then caught up after i nudged it forward then it was ok tracking again. Still it is quite good at it, just not perfect. I shall try profile next.

that last stop was over a boat yard I wonder if the masts confused it.
2019-12-23
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing DAFlys
2019-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Roy Rogers Posted at 12-23 03:37
Thanks for sharing DAFlys

thanks for watching Roy.
2019-12-23
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-23 00:32
that last stop was over a boat yard I wonder if the masts confused it.

In the second vid I would not say it was a mast because the first time you go over the bridge it follows you fine but the second time after you have turned around it seems to be following you as profile rather than tracking following you from the side rather than from behind so there seems to be some difference between the 2 modes. Active and profile track. I also noticed as with point of interest that keeping the subject in the center of the frame is not always spot on.
2019-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RK7dronzy Posted at 12-23 07:11
In the second vid I would not say it was a mast because the first time you go over the bridge it follows you fine but the second time after you have turned around it seems to be following you as profile rather than tracking following you from the side rather than from behind so there seems to be some difference between the 2 modes. Active and profile track. I also noticed as with point of interest that keeping the subject in the center of the frame is not always spot on.

I changed modes a little before it got stuck because I wanted it off to the side.  I wonder if a bird could trigger an obstacle.
2019-12-23
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This was my attempt this summer with active tracking the wife on her mower.
2019-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Visual Air Posted at 12-24 14:46
https://youtu.be/wPpxjsYPlG8

This was my attempt this summer with active tracking the wife on her mower.

Thats worked really well,  I wonder if its a speed thing,  I was driving at 25-28mph.
2019-12-25
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Active track worked very well in this circumstance, although certainly not much in the way of background/subject challenges.

2019-12-25
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 12-25 04:59
Thats worked really well,  I wonder if its a speed thing,  I was driving at 25-28mph.

Yes I wonder that too. Although I was under the impression it could active track at a decent speed.
2019-12-25
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

MacCool Posted at 12-25 07:45
Active track worked very well in this circumstance, although certainly not much in the way of background/subject challenges.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgPl0blgJCY

Looked like it worked well. Nice dogs too!
2019-12-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MacCool Posted at 12-25 07:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgPl0blgJCY

that looks like a lot of fun.
2019-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules