4254 7 2014-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomwolves585
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Hello all,
Is there a way to drain (discharge) my Phantom 2 vision plus smart battery with out the Phantom it self?, my Phantom has been gone for warranty work since October 7th 2014 and I have a battery that is at 100% and I would like to discharge it to at least 50%. It is pretty sad when I have had my Phantom2 vision plus since September, maybe got to fly a total of a 1 hour and it has been in for warranty work since October 7th 2014.
2014-11-16
Use props
tomwolves585
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-11-17 01:57
If you updated your batteries to the latest firmware, they will auto discharge to about 50% after 10 ...

Cloud9 don't I have to have my Phantom in order to update my firmware? It has been gone( my phantom) for warranty work since October 7th 2014.
2014-11-16
Use props
DJI-Rodimus Pri
lvl.2

China

Hi tomwolves585, it is quite tricky to drain the battery without the Phantom. The fastest way is to fly the Phantom outdoors with the battery. Meanwhile, like what Cloud9 mentioned, do keep the batteries in a safe battery box.
2014-11-17
Use props
rzxrey.gmail
lvl.2

Canada

My batteries have been on standby for 1 month. Still the same level as when I left them. So this smart discharge is all BS. They are the latest btw.
2015-1-28
Use props
protocrash
lvl.2
Greece

Hey guys - I had exactly these issues and... well, decided to do something about it

I've made a little gadget I call the Phantom Angel which discharges P2 and P3 batts down to a safe storage level (around 60%) at the least wear rate of 1C. I've built it to be safe, good for your batts and (I'd like to thing) great value for money. I've built it from the highest quality ingredients out there as its a hobby for me rather than a business!

If you're interested check it out at http://phantomangel.rocks

2015-9-26
Use props
protocrash
lvl.2
Greece

Hi guys,

Since launching the Phantom Angel a couple of months ago I've had loads of discussions with Phantom pilots about their batteries.
What I saw was that the majority of new pilots were not aware of standard LiPo practices and were surprised and grateful when I shared some of what I've learnt over the years.

So, with that in mind, I've created a concise, newbie-friendly guide to all things LiPo. If you don't know how to store your battiers, how to keep them from exploding or how to tell your watts from your amps, this guide's for you

http://phantomangel.rocks/lipogu ... ntom-batteries.html

Hope you find it useful and please do send over any and all thoughts and comments.

Proto
2015-10-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

rzxrey.gmail Posted at 2015-1-28 14:37
My batteries have been on standby for 1 month. Still the same level as when I left them. So this sma ...

It works for everyone else. Something is wrong with your battery or your battery firmware.
2015-10-30
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

protocrash Posted at 2015-10-30 07:53
Hi guys,

Since launching the Phantom Angel a couple of months ago I've had loads of discussions wit ...

ok, I emailed you some corrections and ideas to improve the description.
2015-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules