Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can you fly a drone with phone that has no simcard?
9913 4 2019-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kri2tof
lvl.1
  • >>>
Belgium

Hello,
i control my mavic with my phone connected to remote controller.
I bought a new phone. So i had tu put my SIM card into the new phone.

Suppose i fly my mavic with my new phone connected to RM . While the drone is up ,
Could i also take of with the mavic Air with my old phone connected to the RM of the Mavic Air (phone that has no SIM card)

So , can you fly without SIM card ?
As the phone connects with the drones WIFI or OCUsync signal ...?And if possible , is it safe to fly like this ..?

Anyone can help me out on this.

Thank you

2019-12-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. You can use your mobile device while connected to the RC without any sim card installed since we are not requiring a mobile device to have its own Simcard when in used with the DJI Go 4 application. In fact, it is recommended to set it to airplane mode when using it. In addition, you will only need an internet connection when updating such firmware or downloading some maps. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your support!
2019-12-19
Use props
kri2tof
lvl.1
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-19 15:59
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. You can use your mobile device while connected to the RC without any sim card installed since we are not requiring a mobile device to have its own Simcard when in used with the DJI Go 4 application. In fact, it is recommended to set it to airplane mode when using it. In addition, you will only need an internet connection when updating such firmware or downloading some maps. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your support!

Hello,
that 's super . thank you for the reply. !
2019-12-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kri2tof Posted at 12-19 23:50
Hello,
that 's super . thank you for the reply. !

You're always welcome. Let us know if you have other questions. Thank you!
2019-12-22
Use props
djiuser_aelOkoO2kUhX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19757 ft
United States

is this the case with a mavic mini 2 also? my s10 keeps crashing or won't load app right ,  so I'm using an older s7 samsung and seems to work good..with no sim card and in do not disturb on will maps work? airplane mode on or off..thanks
2021-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules