Strange Things
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello,
I bought a Phantom 4 Pro in 2016 but due to work travel did not use it until recently. As owner I was required to register with the CAA so I decided to get it out of its box and use it. However, I experienced a series of disasters. Two batteries flat that wont charge, and the controller not retaining power. I got new batteries and sent the controller off for repair. The repairer requested me to send my quad too so they can reset the pairing once the controller was fixed. To my astonishment they said it was the circuitary in the controller that needed repairing and not the battery. They said I had also had worn bearings for 3 motors, even though I had never flown the quad or even put the propellors on yet.

I only asked for repair of the controller and not the quad, yet they seem to have done a very invasive inspection which looks like they had to break the seal on the motors without asking or being instructed too.

I cannot get my head around worn bearings when the unit has been not run having been only stored in the DJI box in my bedroom. Has anyone had similar experience as 3 worn motors in my mind is unexplainable and very costly to me.
2019-12-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

That sounds to me like BS.  I've never heard of worn bearings on a DJI AC motor.  Besides, how could the bearings be worn if they've never been used?  But motors are cheap and easy to replace.  Nonetheless, I think I would have the repair done elsewhere.  MHO
2019-12-20
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

Did you buy it from DJI?
Could it be a refurb?
Just checking possibilities.
2019-12-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to knew about this. Have you send in the aircraft to our repair center? If yes, please provide us the associated case number (CAS) for further assistance. We tried pulling it up using your DJI Forum account but gave us no results. Please inform as soon as possible. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-12-20
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So can we ask who carried out the repair ?
And if it's as you state, then no problem naming them as I for one would certainly like to be aware of who they are.
2019-12-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I agree, as someone who is used to fitting tiny ball bearings to devices, I reckon it is pure BS too. I would not go to that repair agent again as they obviously do not have a clue.
2019-12-20
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

1Eagle Posted at 12-20 08:34
Did you buy it from DJI?
Could it be a refurb?
Just checking possibilities.

I bought the drone new from Amazon. It had all the typical new wrapping. A friend said maybe someone used the drone and then sent it back to Amazon ,but it had the unbroken original packing and Amazon only give 2 months to return. Bearing could not wear in 2 months even if this was what happened, but all signs were it was a new package.
2019-12-26
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 12-20 09:36
Hi, sorry to knew about this. Have you send in the aircraft to our repair center? If yes, please provide us the associated case number (CAS) for further assistance. We tried pulling it up using your DJI Forum account but gave us no results. Please inform as soon as possible. We're here to help. Thank you.

No it was not DJI that repaired the drone, although someone who DJI recommend. Its now back with masking tape in 3 motors. I did not get the repair done as still cannot understand how bearings can wear when not used. They say replacement of the motors was only a recommendation as they saw wear but not too much to stop the done flying.
2019-12-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

FreshFlyer Posted at 12-26 00:40
No it was not DJI that repaired the drone, although someone who DJI recommend. Its now back with masking tape in 3 motors. I did not get the repair done as still cannot understand how bearings can wear when not used. They say replacement of the motors was only a recommendation as they saw wear but not too much to stop the done flying.

Hi, we're truly saddened to read about this. You've mentioned that the aircraft was purchased last 2016 but didn't get the chance of getting it out of the box and activated with the same year it was purchased. With this, batteries and the remote controller may have suffered severe damage due to prolonged storage. The battery should be fully charged and discharged once in every 3 months to keep it activated. The ideal storage temperature is 22 to 28 degrees Celcius. Battery life may be reduced if not used for a long time. As previously mentioned, it is suggested to charge and discharge at least once in every 3 months to maintain batteries health. We'd like to inform that, repair procedures done outside the DJI Repair Facility will void your DJI's warranty. Again, we're truly sorry for this. Should you have further questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate to reach us. Thank you for understanding.
2019-12-26
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello Diana,
When I had the fault in the controller it was DJI Customer Service that recommended me to this well known repairer. They even gave me the telephone number and email. Does DJI UK do direct repairs asI would have been happier sending it to you.

Best Regards
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules