Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Update????
1234Next >
11769 124 2019-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dutch937
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322461 ft
Canada

It's late Decemeber...when is it coming?? I think there are so many issues that need fixed and would be nice to see a few new features.
2019-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. With regards to the updates for the  DJI Mavic Mini and DJI Fly application. As of the moment,  we don't have any information regarding the exact release date for the said update. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously optimizing the DJI Mavic Mini and DJI Fly application for better user experience.  Please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI, Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your patience and your understanding.
2019-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s still mid December lol, unless you live in Australia....
2019-12-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I'm hoping the 23rd or 24th just before Santa comes
2019-12-20
Use props
JHa
First Officer
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-20 08:41
I'm hoping the 23rd or 24th just before Santa comes

We can expect New Year's Eve party bug-free firmware edition...
2019-12-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

JHa Posted at 12-20 08:58

Yeah! with WB lock, AEB, RAW photo, d-cine like video color mode, and panoramas!
2019-12-20
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

JHa Posted at 12-20 08:58

We'll be very lucky/blessed if its bug-free but let's hope for the very best!! Like InspektorGadjet, I'm hoping for  Christmas with all the trimmings from this FW!!!!
2019-12-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel your frustration with waiting.  However, coming from a background of developing Apps and custom software for Android phones I can tell you there is tons of coding to do to add just a few of the things everybody is expecting to see.  Then it has to be tested, corrected, retested and then finalized.  This is not a simple process.  If you'd like just decompile a simple App and look at the volume of coding required. I'm sure they don't desire to rush it out and have bugs or worse yet cause RC AC issues. Just saying, hard as it is we need to continue to try and be patient.
2019-12-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-20 09:52
I feel your frustration with waiting.  However, coming from a background of developing Apps and custom software for Android phones I can tell you there is tons of coding to do to add just a few of the things everybody is expecting to see.  Then it has to be tested, corrected, retested and then finalized.  This is not a simple process.  If you'd like just decompile a simple App and look at the volume of coding required. I'm sure they don't desire to rush it out and have bugs or worse yet cause RC AC issues. Just saying, hard as it is we need to continue to try and be patient.

"Then it has to be tested, corrected, retested and then finalized."

You can skip last two parts.  That is what we are for, Beta testing.  

2019-12-20
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

It's hard to get things 100% bug free. That's why most have continual development. It's not a simple process that is for sure. They gave us a timeline of late December and I think the most of us are being patient, with the exception of a few. I can understand both sides really. But agreed that being impatient isn't going to make it happen any quicker.
2019-12-20
Use props
StubbornSwiss
First Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Personally, I am not holding my breath - either to when it will drop or as to what it will include.
Yes, there are many features I'd like to see incorporated into both the AC firmware and the DJIFly software, but I believe the update we all so eagerly await will more address current bugs rather than add new features.
Remember, because a feature is not included does not mean that the software has a bug. A bug is when an included feature is not working right. I am sure debugging the current firmware/software is what the DJI engineers are currently working on.
But then again - I may be pleasantly surprised!
2019-12-20
Use props
HomePoint
First Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The main bug that people want resolving being what?
2019-12-20
Use props
Crummett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

HomePoint Posted at 12-20 12:15

The 6 extra lines at the bottom of 2.7k footage and the gimbal jerking upwards sometimes when facing vertically down. Think those are the two. Then the ability to unlock
2019-12-20
Use props
Bussty
Captain
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Being able to fly in blue zones especially if you live in one!
2019-12-20
Use props
dutch937
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322461 ft
Canada

Yes, no bugs this time would be appreciated...I will be happy to wait if that's guaranteed.
2019-12-20
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

nothing worse than having to upgrade software on a device you get out of the box brand new.  impossible to avoid, i realize it is inevitable but all of us are unique in that we welcome new software and reap the benefits.  most people won't do it because they are either unaware or don't trust it (believe it takes away or breaks things).  product that has to upgrade out of the box means old stock to them.   i believe this drone will still let you fly but products that force you to upgrade before you can continue to use it, they suck.  

that being said, i like to get new software; the more, the better.  of course, with a group such as you find here on the forum, i let you guys update first and then report back.  
2019-12-20
Use props
HomePoint
First Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you don't update and you lose/crash your drone, then DJI will probably not admit any liability, even if it was a manufacture defect.  I too love updates and new things to try.
2019-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Saint Posted at 12-20 13:30
nothing worse than having to upgrade software on a device you get out of the box brand new.  impossible to avoid, i realize it is inevitable but all of us are unique in that we welcome new software and reap the benefits.  most people won't do it because they are either unaware or don't trust it (believe it takes away or breaks things).  product that has to upgrade out of the box means old stock to them.   i believe this drone will still let you fly but products that force you to upgrade before you can continue to use it, they suck.  

that being said, i like to get new software; the more, the better.  of course, with a group such as you find here on the forum, i let you guys update first and then report back.

Most forced updates for drones revolve around safety issues .
2019-12-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-20 14:23
Most forced updates for drones revolve around safety issues .

Safety issues get high priority in getting fixed so that they don't lead to liability issues.  Just ask any corporate CFO and they will agree.
2019-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-20 15:57
Safety issues get high priority in getting fixed so that they don't lead to liability issues.  Just ask any corporate CFO and they will agree.

Your absolutely correct and it’s hard to argue with that .
2019-12-20
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

Crummett Posted at 12-20 12:43
The 6 extra lines at the bottom of 2.7k footage and the gimbal jerking upwards sometimes when facing vertically down. Think those are the two. Then the ability to unlock

Extra lines at bottom - I think that is a thing of mavics codec VS decoder on your playback device...
I do have these "blurred lines" in the bottom if played back with Windows 10 video player, but the lines are not present in VLC...
The gimbal jerk has been discussed and more or less debunked in this thread
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=203908
- It is an understandable physical thing, that is impossible to be fixed with SW/FW update.
(I have also provided infographic in my reply in the said thread)
2019-12-21
Use props
UweE
Captain
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I saw a copy of a chat with DJI, where it has been stated, that the firmware update will be available appr. Dec. 30th
2019-12-21
Use props
JHa
First Officer
Czechia

DJi should ASAP temporary change Authorization zones to Warning zones as a workaround until they release fixed firmware. At least in countries where is no legal reason to permit flying.
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_CCg3RhLfeK5f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518894 ft
United States

Gu5s Posted at 12-21 02:13
Extra lines at bottom - I think that is a thing of mavics codec VS decoder on your playback device...
I do have these "blurred lines" in the bottom if played back with Windows 10 video player, but the lines are not present in VLC...
The gimbal jerk has been discussed and more or less debunked in this thread

This is actually true. As soon as I read windows 10 player vs VLS, I tested and can confirm I do not have the blur in VLC but do in win 10. i've only flown one battery  worth so far and noticed that blur as soon as i played back. good call Gu5s.
2019-12-21
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-20 09:15
Yeah! with WB lock, AEB, RAW photo, d-cine like video color mode, and panoramas!

That’s just day dreaming I would bet we’re not getting *any* of that
2019-12-21
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

Ice_2k Posted at 12-21 06:41
That’s just day dreaming  I would bet we’re not getting *any* of that

Everything I said is doable, at least WB lock and flat color profile for video.
The rest I can do work arounds.
2019-12-22
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Romania

I’m sure they’re all doable, that’s not the problem. The problem is DJI wanting to give these things to the Mini
2019-12-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not being allowed to fly the useless waste of money
2019-12-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I predict DJI (The Chinese Grinch) will spoil a lot of peoples Christmas's...…….Once again Shame on DJI
2019-12-23
Use props
Brightlights2001
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1001 ft
United Kingdom

When will you sort out the Unlocking Fiasco??.
I’ve had my Mini 6 weeks & I still cannot take off in my own back yard in the middle off the countryside!!!.
I have permission from the relevant authority covering the NFZ as you are aware as I could fly My Air.
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_v2FzTipWIpGX
lvl.1
United States

How many people are having power issues at 45% battery life, the mini drifts off and RTH won't work and no wind, full GPS and Wifi signal, off she goes and crashes
2019-12-23
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_v2FzTipWIpGX Posted at 12-23 11:09
How many people are having power issues at 45% battery life, the mini drifts off and RTH won't work and no wind, full GPS and Wifi signal, off she goes and crashes

I think I'd be looking at something to figure that one out. I have flown mine on several flights down to at least 20% without any kind of incident like that. Maybe I'm just lucky, I doubt it, but that makes me want to know where that problem lies.
2019-12-23
Use props
pnwflier
lvl.3
United States

My MM doesn't initiate return to home until battery gets to 20%.

2019-12-23
Use props
pnwflier
lvl.3
United States

I'm always surprised when I hear talk about bugs when they are really features that DJI never claimed the Mini would have (WB lock, AEB, RAW photo, d-cine like video color mode, and panoramas), especially when DJI makes a drone with those exact features. Sure you have to pay more but those features are available.

It's like, "hey, I only want to pay for ground beef but want Filet mignon".

Have a great Holiday everyone.

(Note: I'm sure I'll catch some sh**t about this comment)
2019-12-23
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Romania

pnwflier Posted at 12-23 11:59
I'm always surprised when I hear talk about bugs when they are really features that DJI never claimed the Mini would have (WB lock, AEB, RAW photo, d-cine like video color mode, and panoramas), especially when DJI makes a drone with those exact features. Sure you have to pay more but those features are available.

It's like, "hey, I only want to pay for ground beef but want Filet mignon".

You’re ignoring the existence of the Spark Same price range, had much more features.
2019-12-23
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

Ice_2k Posted at 12-23 12:03
You’re ignoring the existence of the Spark  Same price range, had much more features.

But spark is 2 axis gimbal and 16mins of flight time...
2019-12-23
Use props
pnwflier
lvl.3
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 12-23 12:03
You’re ignoring the existence of the Spark  Same price range, had much more features.

I'm seeing the Spark on Amazon for $579.00. $180.00 difference by my math.
https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Spark ... Combo/dp/B075TDRS2M
2019-12-23
Use props
JHa
First Officer
Czechia

pnwflier Posted at 12-23 11:59

It's like, "hey, I only want to pay for ground beef but want Filet mignon".

DJI advertised MM as EDC flycam with professional output appropriate for content creators. Absence of  WB, AEB, RAW  are bugs for this usage IMHO. I don't know what is expensive on WB,AEB and RAW that couldn't be in 399$ product. You forget that more expensive drones has much more features than WB, AEB and RAW like  obstacle sensors, more powerfull engine, better remote controll, ocusync, better photo sensor, zoom, better propellers, ...
2019-12-23
Use props
jonny007
Captain
Germany

You could have said that earlier. Ok, now I think everybody sell their mini and buy the spark...same price range, much more features.
@pnwflier : no sh*tstorm from me, you are totally right with your comparison ... by the way, I'll sell my mini too ... after 3 flights I noticed that video resolution is not 8k with 1500 fps as I expected and top speed only 47km/h not 470 km/h as I thought...too slow for me.
2019-12-23
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jonny007 Posted at 12-23 12:32
You could have said that earlier. Ok, now I think everybody sell their mini and buy the spark...same price range, much more features.
@pnwflier : no sh*tstorm from me, you are totally right with your comparison ... by the way, I'll sell my mini too ... after 3 flights I noticed that video resolution is not 8k with 1500 fps as I expected and top speed only 47km/h not 470 km/h as I thought...too slow for me.

LOL, I kinda like your response, but I also get both sides. The pro's want something that's easy to travel with, but does a smidge more that what the mini is slated to do. For me it's perfect. The beginner drone. It was intended for me to learn the basics and grow from there. It fills that spot just right for me.
2019-12-23
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules