1206 12 2019-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
telecam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1540384 ft
  • >>>
United States

Catching the MM is pretty easy as long as you position it at a good height, close enough and are quick to grab it.  Then I found out in an online video that once you have a good grasp at it, flipping it upside down kills the motors instantly which is much quicker and more convenient that powering off from the remote.  Is there any downside in doing so?
2019-12-20
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Other than possibly catching a finger or hitting it against something, there are a few that does that, and I haven't heard of any issue. I've done it once. I like hand landing better myself but more often than not I do a proper landing.
2019-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No downside, just turn 90 degrees and your good . I think you see very little documented about this because manufacturers don’t want to be seen to encourage hand catching .
2019-12-20
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2241375 ft
United States

That the only way I “land”
2019-12-20
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

I don’t get it, why is this “more convenient” than instructing the mini to land in your hand and catching it like that? Seems like having the drone fight you and requiring a much stronger grip on it to ensure not dropping it are not really “convenience features”
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_q1uHI6OP3pqW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 12-21 06:12
I don’t get it, why is this “more convenient” than instructing the mini to land in your hand and catching it like that? Seems like having the drone fight you and requiring a much stronger grip on it to ensure not dropping it are not really “convenience features”

Land it on your hand, simply stretch it out? Keep your descend stick down and it will land and power off
2019-12-21
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

I personally instruct it to land and then use my fingers to catch the body but keeping the palm spread out is basically the same.
2019-12-21
Use props
telecam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1540384 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_q1uHI6OP3pqW Posted at 12-21 06:41
Land it on your hand, simply stretch it out? Keep your descend stick down and it will land and power off

How does the landing vision sensor feel about that? It does not get confused between hand and ground?
2019-12-21
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

telecam Posted at 12-21 09:50
How does the landing vision sensor feel about that? It does not get confused between hand and ground?

here is a video to answer your question. This is NOT my video

2019-12-21
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why put the extra stress on the motors and airframe and kick in an emergency fault in the sensors.  

Just left stick down into your hand and hold until the motors shut down.  It works the same with all DJI drones.  Made a video about this with the Spark about 2 years ago.  Watch at the 14:00 min mark to see the hand landing.

2019-12-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I'm using the MM on my boat hand landing is definitely more convenient and safer for the MM.  I simply put my hand out, palm facing up with fingers extended and keeping the descent stick down until it lands safely and the motor powers off.  
2019-12-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Do you have to "grab it quick"? I think it lands smooth in your hand, by placing the hand 30cm under it and putting the throttle 100% down (landing)
2019-12-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 12-22 06:35
Do you have to "grab it quick"? I think it lands smooth in your hand, by placing the hand 30cm under it and putting the throttle 100% down (landing)

I don't grab it at all.  Just let it land and wait for the motors to shut off.  Really a simple operation once you've done it a couple of times.  Key is keeping the descent stick down.
2019-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules