Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini Restricted flight zone workaround...
2132 8 2019-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jim02ss
lvl.1
United States

Just so you know, if you get your FAA approval and you want to fly the Mavic mini like normal with the fly app you can....... legally.  You don't need DJI permission.

Yes.  You Can fly the Mavic mini anywhere using the go fly app just like normal.  I discovered a workaround.  Its very logical and simple guys.  

You can only do this legally if you have the proper FAA approval.  Yes you have to regester the mavic mini to get Faa approval to fly in a restricted zone even thou its under 250 grams.

I am going to do more testing with this procedure tomorrow and test more limits.  Hint..... its a power-up timing thing turning on the drone itself.

2019-12-20
Use props
GaryArt1
lvl.1
United States

Wow, you leave us hanging just like that.  I hope you report you finding soon.
2019-12-20
Use props
jim02ss
lvl.1
United States

GaryArt1 Posted at 12-20 17:57
Wow, you leave us hanging just like that.  I hope you report you finding soon.

well ive done it several times so far and its working.... but there are prompts while flying that come up and if there recognized and dismissed in a certain time frame and order you can keep flying.... im trying to figure out the exact procedure.

have your phone and handset booted up with the drone off.  turn the drone on and let it boot up.  when the red light is on solid put the sticks in takeoff mode and hold in that position until lift off.   when the warning comes up let it time out and then cancel the landing when it wants to land.

or try hitting ok when the warning comes up and then cancel the landing

2019-12-20
Use props
jim02ss
lvl.1
United States

sometimes it comes up  "resetting the home position" some times it doesn't.  
2019-12-20
Use props
fans74d9fc64
lvl.1
United States

have you guys tried it.....
2019-12-21
Use props
fans8052a469
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2913 ft
Portugal

We don't want workarounds. DJI, please release the firmware so we can use the drone as it was meant to be used - The Everyday FlyCam, Fly as you are. Not at this moment
2019-12-21
Use props
fans74d9fc64
lvl.1
United States

Well put your mini in the box then and wait for the firmware update.

Was just telling you how to fly today and not have to wait.
2019-12-21
Use props
fans74d9fc64
lvl.1
United States

ok so i just tried it several times outside....  you can fly it for at least 90 sec most of the time..... enough to get it up there and take some pics etc.

you need to turn the drone on in a weak or no GPS signal place and let it boot up......  then shut it off and go outside and turn the drone on and get it in the air asap.....once its up you've got 90 sec to take pics etc. and it will auto land.....

2 times i dismissed the auto land and was able to keep flying......  im not sure of the exact combination of steps yet to keep it in the air but its doable.  i know i canceled the 2nd return home screen.

once you do this it will not take off again.... you need to go to a bad gps place and turn it on and let it not see gps and then turn it off... keep the controller on etc.  go out side and turn the drone on again and get it up asap... keep the sticks in takeoff position as its booting and get it up asap...
2019-12-21
Use props
fificap
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55531 ft
France

Interresting! I'm in a red zone and i'm not sure that the next firmware will allows to unlock it, I'll try this as soon as it stop raining
2019-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules