Mavic mini EU signal problem
2202 10 2019-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bojan Blažek
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39167 ft
Croatia

Hello my name is Bojan and i buy Mavic mini . I fly and tested him 50 Mettric and rc disconnect, freez image, no signal, to many problem with wifi . Mavic Mini EU version is so limited for that price.

I think we should work with upgrading the software for the EU area because we are quite limited unlike the USA
I think we should work with upgrading the software for the EU area because we are quite limited unlike the USA.
I know that regulations must be respected and I respect them, but if the EU mavic mini is limited by distance due to regulations then let it be of a quality that is similar to the name DJI.

I don't mean anything bad, but I think for that price the Mavic mini has to fly just like the Mavic Pro without a bad signal which is frustrating. I think we should consider upgrading the software and improving the signal for our EU area to fly without fear of drone loss. Let him fly 1000m but let it be of good quality without losing signal after 100m due to wifi interference. The Mavic mini is a good product, but let it prove in the future that we have not wasted money. Consider repairing the rather limited Mavic mini EU with a new upgrade already.   Best regards Bojan.  
Let him fly 1000m but let it be of good quality without losing signal after 100m due to wifi interference. The Mavic mini is a good product, but let it prove in the future that we have not wasted money.

Let him fly 1000m but let it be of good quality without losing signal after 100m due to wifi interference. The Mavic mini is a good product, but let it prove in the future that we have not wasted money.

Let him fly 1000m but let it be of good quality without losing signal after 100m due to wifi interference. The Mavic mini is a good product, but let it prove in the future that we have not wasted money
I think we should work with upgrading the software for the EU area because we are quite limited unlike the U
I think we should work with upgrading the software for the EU area because we are quite limited unlike the USA.

I th

ink we should work with upgrading the software for the EU area because we are quite limited unlike the USA.

I think we should work with upgrading the software for the EU area because we are quite limited unlike the USA

I think we should work with upgrading the software for the EU area because we are
79644957_606389900112040_2689898679879335936_n.jpg
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_q1uHI6OP3pqW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I flew my MM over 1km here in England , check your connection to mobile phone?
Compatibility of mobile phone?
Keep us informed?
2019-12-21
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

DJI can’t simply turn up the radios (as a side note, the CE model is hardware limited so it’s not possible to simply “update it” via firmware) and ignore rules and regulations. They would not be allowed to sell it if they did.
2019-12-21
Use props
fificap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55531 ft
France

Hi,

Try to put your phone or tablet in plane mode (+ wifi off) to limit interference.
2019-12-21
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

That should go without saying and everyone should know by now to disable wifi / switch to airplane mode. And in or near city 5.8 GHz, in open area 2.8 GHz. Besides I always set the channel manually. By the way, if the drone is directly above you connection problems may occur, independent whether the antennas points to (so even if the flat part of the antenna points upwards)
2019-12-21
Use props
QRF_HawkEye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94032 ft
Croatia

I also fly in Croatia (Mavic Mini CE Version) and yeah, signal is much more limited than the USA version. But nevertheless it still can go quite far. Yesterday with airplane mode turned on the smartphone I did 550 meters inside a city center with a lot of interference and buildings. So if all you get is 50 meters, you are doing something wrong or you have a faulty remote.
2019-12-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Environment will nearly always determine how much interference you get .
2019-12-22
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

Today I have reached 200m altitude and 580m in distance. Phone was in "airplane mode" all the time. Drone is CE version. The signal was lost few times for a second, nothing to worry about...So it depends of situation. The place you fly, phone, weather...For me its not bad, especially in the city.
2019-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The CE version of Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance in a CE country or region can reach 2 km in 2.4 GHz and 500 m in 5.8 GHz.
The flight distance is related to the environment, please stay away from the power lines and so on which may have interference.
Then please make sure that the antennas are placed for the optimal transmission range.
optimal transmission zone.png
Users can switch the channel to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz. First set the channel mode to "Manual", and before the aircraft takes off, you can choose from the channels shown on the bottom of the app. A channel numbered above 140 is a 5.8 GHz channel, and there are five of them. The other 13 channels are 2.4 GHz channels. You may switch the channels to see if the issue persists.
2019-12-23
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Like some users mention, try airplane mode and avoid elements around you like trees or buildings.
2019-12-23
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-23 01:57
The CE version of Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance in a CE country or region can reach 2 km in 2.4 GHz and 500 m in 5.8 GHz.
The flight distance is related to the environment, please stay away from the power lines and so on which may have interference.
Then please make sure that the antennas are placed for the optimal transmission range.

This is helpful but also the video guides from DJI themselves do point out that flying directly above can have a weaker signal because of the recievers on the drone themselves and their orientation.
2019-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules