Osmo Mobile 3 - Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Skype Face Tracking?
12Next >
38852 78 2019-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MCurtisMcCoy
lvl.1

United States

I recently purchased the Osmo Mobile 3 with the intention of using Face Tracking for Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Skype Video Calls & Zoom Video calls for my podcast.

https://www.facebook.com/MCurtisMcCoy/videos/609032099904554/

I spoke w/ DJI customer service yesterday via chat & realized this isn't possible with the current V1.2.13(54841) DJI Mimo Firmware that was released 12/19/19.

Any suggestions on how Face Tracking can be used on the Osmo Mobile 3 with Facebook Live, Skype Video Calls, or YouTube Live? I assume this feature will be available in a future release?
2019-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has the Face-Tracking feature. However, the DJI Mimo application doesn't support Facebook Livestream as of the moment. This concern was already been raised to our designated department and they are now looking into it. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-12-21
Use props
MCurtisMcCoy
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-12-21 13:49
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has the Face-Tracking feature. However, the DJI Mimo application doesn't support Facebook Livestream as of the moment. This concern was already been raised to our designated department and they are now looking into it. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Sounds great!
I'd love to see Face Tracking with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for:
Skype, Zoom, YouTube, Facebook, IGTV, & YouTube.
2020-1-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MCurtisMcCoy Posted at 1-6 15:04
Sounds great!
I'd love to see Face Tracking with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for:
Skype, Zoom, YouTube, Facebook, IGTV, & YouTube.

Hi, we will keep you posted once we have an update on the said query. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Cheers!
2020-1-9
Use props
MCurtisMcCoy
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-9 15:49
Hi, we will keep you posted once we have an update on the said query. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Cheers!

I sent an email titled, "2 Things That Will Increase Sales of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3" to Xiaozhen Zheng, Leo Lee, & a few other folks at DJI yesterday but it doesn't look like any of them have opened their email yet.

Does this make sense?
2 Things That Will Increase Sales of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3
2020-1-11
Use props
MCurtisMcCoy
lvl.1

United States

2 Things That Will Increase Sales of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3
2020-1-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MCurtisMcCoy Posted at 1-11 09:36
I sent an email titled, "2 Things That Will Increase Sales of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3" to Xiaozhen Zheng, Leo Lee, & a few other folks at DJI yesterday but it doesn't look like any of them have opened their email yet.

Does this make sense?

Yes, you can also send them an email.
2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_FrvJtjgklM5c
New
United States

Yes please bring back these features that were offered in DJI Go and with Osmo mobile 2.  I feel these changes are a turn back in features and some of the most loved and useful features for why I went with Osmo.  All reviewers were praising it, and I saw this option had the capability in Go with mobile 2.  But for a dramatic cut with mobile 3 and MIMO is a huge setback, where mobile 3 should have offered all of those features plus the new items in mimo.

I love the product and features.  they work great, we just need LIVE services as noted in the first entry to this task back
2020-1-28
Use props
StCharles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40289 ft
United States

This makes total sense. I've been trying to set up the Osmo Mobile 3 for a Zoom conference call. The work around that I am using is using apple's screen sharing while in DJI Mimo, which is not optimized. Can't wait for DJI to roll out the function to support Zoom, Skype, YouTube Live and Wechat!
2020-2-12
Use props
cmpenney
lvl.1

United States

I recently purchased the OSMO 3 just for Facebook live after reading that others were doing it. It wasn't until I got the device and actually tried it that I found it works in the version 2 software but not in the version 3. I have to admit this is about the first time I've seen a company release a new version of a product that removes a feature that I imagine is pretty key to a lot of people. Being able to Live Stream to Facebook, Youtube, etc. is what I would think most people buy devices like this for.

I have to say I've very disappointed right now as I'm stuck with a device that doesn't do what I bought it for especially considering that you CAN do it on the old platform. I hope they correct this massive oversight soon.
2020-2-14
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

cmpenney Posted at 2-14 04:45
I recently purchased the OSMO 3 just for Facebook live after reading that others were doing it. It wasn't until I got the device and actually tried it that I found it works in the version 2 software but not in the version 3. I have to admit this is about the first time I've seen a company release a new version of a product that removes a feature that I imagine is pretty key to a lot of people. Being able to Live Stream to Facebook, Youtube, etc. is what I would think most people buy devices like this for.

I have to say I've very disappointed right now as I'm stuck with a device that doesn't do what I bought it for especially considering that you CAN do it on the old platform. I hope they correct this massive oversight soon.

If you just use it as gimbal you can use whatever app you like but of course you lose active track etc.
2020-2-14
Use props
cmpenney
lvl.1

United States

AlanHd Posted at 2-14 12:39
If you just use it as gimbal you can use whatever app you like but of course you lose active track etc.

You also the zoom control which for what I'd like to use this for is a pretty big deal. Yes I can record and post the video but it's really not quite the same.
2020-2-18
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

cmpenney Posted at 2-18 10:39
You also the zoom control which for what I'd like to use this for is a pretty big deal. Yes I can record and post the video but it's really not quite the same.

I’m on android so the zoom is not something I use since it’s so poor.
2020-2-18
Use props
fans463e64d5
New

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-9 15:49
Hi, we will keep you posted once we have an update on the said query. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Cheers!

Hi - any news on this feature? It would be a game changer and dramatically increase the amount I use the Osmo 3. Thanks!
2020-3-21
Use props
djiuser_QBT5bdVQw5Qs
New

United States

Ditto. I just bought my gimbal to teach an online class. Am I now left with a very fancy selfie stick? I even made a great video review and was going to upload it tonight.
2020-3-24
Use props
Egobuster
New

Australia

So is it just a $300 selfie stick? did not realise that is the case. I need to use it for Zoom and Google Meet conference calls. Will be returning and asking for a refund.
2020-3-27
Use props
fans6a235b7a
New

United States

This is just a terrible answer right now. It shows up everywhere, and a STOCK reply is unhelpful, especially in the COVID-19 world we are living in where digital platforms are everything. could you please update users on when developers intend to activate Facebook live for DJI mobile 3. The device is only half useful without that capacity.
2020-4-6
Use props
giulioromano85gmail.com
lvl.1

Italy

Any news? It's important
2020-4-9
Use props
JohnBmtl
New

Canada

Disappointing that there has been no news on this since December of 2019.
2020-4-11
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

JohnBmtl Posted at 4-11 08:51
Disappointing that there has been no news on this since December of 2019.

Not that surprising with what’s going on in the world, I’m willing to cut DJI some slack until the world starts   To get back to some semblance of normality.
2020-4-11
Use props
Mordo
New
United Kingdom

I agree with the feature request: it would be very handy to have the cell phone tracking our faces in Zoom, Skype... you name it video calls. I would like to add my vote to the feature request and double down on the disappointment no FB and YT live streaming capabilities supported in OSMO 3 or Mimo app.
2020-4-12
Use props
Mordo
New
United Kingdom

+1 to this feature request.
2020-4-12
Use props
djiuser_LU8deO1Wb680
New
Hungary

+1 vote for this feature
2020-4-16
Use props
bensei7
New
United States

I would really love to see this feature added as well. Such a smart device on its own, but it's extremely dumb on other platforms. I would love to use active track in zoom meetings and other streaming platforms. But honestly, right now in those platforms there's not much difference in using this device versus just propping my phone up with a rock. Come on guys, give us some app support.
2020-4-16
Use props
smoomonster
New
Flight distance : 78560 ft
Australia

Ditto on this - absolutely key in the current global situation.
2020-4-17
Use props
Sircoynie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170676 ft
United Kingdom

Really really need this feature as I also purchased this hoping that I can use face-tracking whilst teaching. Please help on this DJI Mavic Pro Flight, it would be hugely appreciated by both myself and my students!
2020-4-18
Use props
fans03055fca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6591 ft
Spain

Hello, good question - Do you know if this is possible by now ? (Face Tracking can be used on the Osmo Mobile 3 with Facebook Live, Skype Video Calls, or YouTube Live? )
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_GCSix8BNF719
lvl.1
Germany

Especially nowadays with home office and plenty of VCs it would be great to integrate DJI OSMO mobile 3 for conferences. Integration iaht e.g. iGlasses would be awesome.
2020-4-26
Use props
Whats The Story
New
United Kingdom

I would love to be able to use Osmo mobile as an external webcam and am massively surprised and disappointed that I can't. Similar capability to NDI Monitor or CamTwist, but using the all the great Mimo features.

Admin - can we get an update on this a) Is it on the Roadmap and b) do you need some beta testers.....?
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_qVLsZuvcFowJ
New

Slovakia

Mordo Posted at 4-12 23:24
I agree with the feature request: it would be very handy to have the cell phone tracking our faces in Zoom, Skype... you name it video calls. I would like to add my vote to the feature request and double down on the disappointment no FB and YT live streaming capabilities supported in OSMO 3 or Mimo app.

+1 for this
2020-4-28
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

even super-slow moving canon have released a firmware update to support using their cameras as webcams for use in video conferencing due to the covid-19 crisis. so DJI are moving slower than canon on reacting to this? really? come on people get it done.
2020-4-30
Use props
Idewald
lvl.2

Sweden

This feature is necessary ....
now it's May 2, 2020 and still nothing ...? Is it on the Roadmap?
2020-5-2
Use props
Jakub Geyer
New

Czechia

Nope, nothing. Cannot even use multiple cameras (wide/macro) on modern phones.
2020-5-2
Use props
Sircoynie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170676 ft
United Kingdom

I have multiple friends who would purchase this instantly if this feature was made available....it is a no brainer in the current climate. Get it done DJI?
2020-5-2
Use props
DJiZAR
New

South Africa

Still no word on this?  It would be great, especially now with all the working from home where we use video calling and conferencing.  I'd love to see Teams supporting the facial recognition for the Osmo.  Sitting like a statue while doing a video call longer than 15 minutes is agony.  Come on DJi, you are missing out here, as shown there is a lot of call for a feature like this.  I can think of Facebook, Teams, Webex, etc. that is used in our environment....
2020-5-3
Use props
Vosjuh
lvl.1
Netherlands

Please DJI, give us an update!

You've had 5 months since the first request and all you've done is agree to the fact that it would be a great and usefull feature. But no news has been released since. More than 10+ request for an update have simply been ignored.

Greetings from a disappointed customer.
2020-5-6
Use props
MCurtisMcCoy
lvl.1

United States

Vosjuh Posted at 5-6 22:05
Please DJI, give us an update!

You've had 5 months since the first request and all you've done is agree to the fact that it would be a great and usefull feature. But no news has been released since. More than 10+ request for an update have simply been ignored.
I'm not sure DJI actually even looks at these requests. The lack of costumer service is somewhat disappointing. I haven't turned on my gimbal in quite a while... But DJI got their money.
2020-5-7
Use props
mykenen
New

Ireland

live stream Facebook YouTube not working in dji mimo -  new model osmo 3 not support why i cant use dji go which support live stream i have to send back my osmo 3 just bought week ago - its useful
2020-5-8
Use props
djiuser_E2RLB3NfeLMn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 322805 ft
United States

Can you just make the mimo app run in the background once active track is enabled and keep it running while we open another app. This seems to be the easiest way. It should just allow the Osmo to continue functioning in the last set state. Maybe have this option in the settings to enable. Something like "Background active state" Enabled or Disabled
2020-5-9
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40390 ft
United States

Very disappointed this isnt a feature. In this day and age, how can you not have a live stream option in your app? I just bought the Osmo3 and am shocked I can't do this. Please work on this RFE.
2020-5-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules